Best Way to Make Fried Chicken

I do mine several different ways... skin on..skin off. Bone in...boneless.. White or dark.

the only real difference between what you and i do is that i marinate mine in the buttermilk with some seasonings for 24 hours. It makes it very tender. Try it sometime :)

I'm going to try this, I am the worst at cooking any kind of meator poultry but when I marinate steaks, they turn out really good.

I love what the buttermilk does to the chicken....it tenderizes it. There are no measured amounts...enough butter milk to cover, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning ( i like bells) paprika, garlic and onion powder.....and 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup....and let that go for 24 hours.

That sounds excellent! :thup:

I'm going to try this, I am the worst at cooking any kind of meator poultry but when I marinate steaks, they turn out really good.

I love what the buttermilk does to the chicken....it tenderizes it. There are no measured amounts...enough butter milk to cover, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning ( i like bells) paprika, garlic and onion powder.....and 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup....and let that go for 24 hours.

That sounds excellent! :thup:

Best of both worlds..its like brining.....only better.

try the simplest tip...season it first with salt and pepper, then roll it in flour, then dip it on cold milk (to make it crispier) then roll on bread crumbs and then fry!

I dip in egg, dredge in Progresso bread crumbs and brown the chicken it in olive oil.

THEN I finish cooking the friend chicken in the oven at 350.

It's crispy and fried, but not saturated by the oil.

I say skin-on, dredge in a mix of flour, salt, pepper, and paprika, dip in buttermilk, re-dredge in the flour mixture, then fry in a deep pan with an inch- 1 1/2 inches of hot oil. The oil has to be hot before you put the chicken in, because you don't want it to sit too long. Peanut oil is great, but with so many peanut allergies out there, it's risky when serving to non-family. I like blended oil or wok oil, something formulated to get really hot without scorching, and I like to add a little minced garlic to the oil for flavor.

That's what I do. I use peanut oil, but I don't worry about peanut allergies.

Forum List

Back