Best Rock bassist of the 20th century

Which rock bassist was/is the master of his own domain?

• Lemmy

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • John Paul Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chris Squire (RIP)

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sting

• Noel Redding (RIP)

• Les Claypool

• Geezer Butler

• Other

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
Geddy Lee

he is the least tzlented of the bunch. Thats why I left him out

He is in fact a very talented musician. If you don't like their music, that is one thing, but to say he is "least talented" is just not true.

If Geddy Lee's only role in Rush was to play the bass he'd be unbelievably accomplished. The fact that he does it while singing and playing keyboards proves that the man is almost a freak of nature. Few singers in the history of rock could have handled this triple duty. The group has occasionally flirted with the idea of adding a fourth member to their stage show to ease Lee's load, but they always decide that fans only want to see the three members of Rush onstage. He manages it all by playing bass pedals during his keyboard parts. The band is currently performing their 1980 LP Moving Pictures on a world tour.

Read more: 4. Geddy Lee - Rolling Stone Readers Pick the Top Ten Bassists of All Time
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

I could never really get into Frank Zappa's music. Not to say he isn't talented, of course. :D

i grew up listening to him. I remember when Joe's Garage was released. I also purchased "Weasels Ripped my Flesh". He was very prolific nd had a unique/trademark sound

Forum List

Back