there is one thing I do not agree at all

and it is all this

kill kill kill poor innocent animals

that's all

want meat?

go to the supermarket

don't make the killing a habit or a sport

my 2 cents

I get that you dislike seeing an animal die. But be glad we do hunt.

Hunting brings in the lion's share of money for state conservation agencies. The fees, taxes, licences, ect all help fund state conservation.
Other than man, there is not a predator for adult deer. Dogs and coyote will harass one or kill a young one, but they don't keep the population in check. One state in the southeast has a deer population of around 1.5 million animals. Biologists say 1/3 of those should be culled to maintain a healthy herd.

So where are the natural predators? Could it be that man killed them off?
Mountain lions, wolves - Mountain lions are in great numbers up here and many other places, a real challenge to hunt.
Wolves on the hand are a troublesome animal they need a lot of space and kill for fun...
Hunting is the best way to keep animal populations healthy....

Who keeps the human population "healthy"? I mean if culling animals who have over populated is okay, then surely culling humans would also be a good idea, seeing as we're really at an unhealthy level of population.
Deflection noted

Are you going to answer the question or fuck around with silly games?

If it were about feeling superior, you might have a point. But let's say, just for discussion, that we do that. No guns, bows or weapons for hunting. Besides you feeling smug, do you know what would happen? Ever see an area with too many deer browsing the foliage down? Ever see starving animals? Yeah, it is very humane.

Are you telling me that you go out hunting with the sole intention of making sure deer don't grow too populous? Or is it just a convenient excuse?
Because I want too... That is anyone needs to know.

Now we get onto the question of, if I just want to kill things, is this a valid thing to do?

If I kill humans? Wait, this is against the law. Life, apparently, is precious, so the "pro-lifers" tell me.
If I kill your pet dog? No, that's probably illegal too.
So why is killing a deer okay, but not other forms of animals?
Because it's legal, those deer were put on earth to be hunted, your first questions were just deflections… LOL

So, if I say you were put on this Earth to be hunted, then it's okay?

What Hitler did, none of it was "illegal", he said Jews were put on this Earth for.... for whatever the hell he said. Does it make it okay?

we are high in the food chain

but not the highest

big bears and lions as well as sharks have been known to make lunch of us

I am a conservative and all of you are my friends

but only

and it is all this

that's all

want meat?

go to the supermarket

my 2 cents

Hunting brings in the lion's share of money for state conservation agencies. The fees, taxes, licences, ect all help fund state conservation.
Other than man, there is not a predator for adult deer. Dogs and coyote will harass one or kill a young one, but they don't keep the population in check. One state in the southeast has a deer population of around 1.5 million animals. Biologists say 1/3 of those should be culled to maintain a healthy herd.

Mountain lions, wolves - Mountain lions are in great numbers up here and many other places, a real challenge to hunt.
Wolves on the hand are a troublesome animal they need a lot of space and kill for fun...

Who keeps the human population "healthy"? I mean if culling animals who have over populated is okay, then surely culling humans would also be a good idea, seeing as we're really at an unhealthy level of population.
Since we are at the top of the food chain we decide this. You can thin the herd and off yourself. LOL.

but only

and it is all this

that's all

want meat?

go to the supermarket

my 2 cents

Since we are at the top of the food chain we decide this. You can thin the herd and off yourself. LOL.

So if the Germans believed they were at the top of the food chain, therefore it was acceptable for them to kill those who they considered inferior?

Some say we're more civilized. Others might say that we're just better at making excuses.

So if the Germans believed they were at the top of the food chain, therefore it was acceptable for them to kill those who they considered inferior?

Some say we're more civilized. Others might say that we're just better at making excuses.
Whoever makes the laws gets to define what's right and wrong. Do you think it was ok for German's to kill Jews? I don't. But I do think it's ok to kill a deer if you are going to eat the meat.

Do you eat slaughter house beef? Yes or no. Do you only eat free range chickens? Yes or no? Then you are a sick ignorant individual. The only thing is you are too much of a pussy to go see the thing you eat die.

but only

and it is all this

that's all

want meat?

go to the supermarket

my 2 cents

Should we introduce wolves and wild cats back into your neighborhood?

Sure, why not.
Because your kids will end up dead.

Hey, by the way, you would HATE me if you saw how the last deer I killed happened. I shot it with my crossbow and it only made it about 100 yards but it was still alive/suffering/dying on the ground so I walked up behind it and shot it with my gun in the head. The fucking thing stood up and baaaa'ed at me. I about shit my pants. It went down again and I shot it in the head again. Poor thing.

Only one way to stop the German's and that was to kill them. Now that we have that settled, your argument is rather stupid.

I'm ok with killing dog cat and horse as long as you eat them.

but only

and it is all this

that's all

want meat?

go to the supermarket

my 2 cents

You think? But that is pretty much irrelevant, since we will not ringing those predators back in most areas, and the population of whitetail deer keeps growing.

So we keep playing God, and then we find excuses for things.

Maybe this is what happens when you start messing with the environment. (and this then goes off to a completely different topic which isn't for here).

No one is playing God. We are being predators. And it so happens we are necessary. Now, if you want to go on about the damage done by man, start a new thread. At this point we are the best answer.

Your

Deflection noted

Are you going to answer the question or fuck around with silly games?

Your posts on this entire thread are deflections, derailing and silly games.

The topic is about hunting rifles. It is not about your approval of hunting or whatever.

but only

and it is all this

that's all

want meat?

go to the supermarket

my 2 cents

You think? But that is pretty much irrelevant, since we will not ringing those predators back in most areas, and the population of whitetail deer keeps growing.

Maybe this is what happens when you start messing with the environment. (and this then goes off to a completely different topic which isn't for here).

No one is playing God. We are being predators. And it so happens we are necessary. Now, if you want to go on about the damage done by man, start a new thread. At this point we are the best answer.
No shit! Does he ask the Bear why it doesn't just live off berries? All I need to know is does that pussy eat cow meat from the grocery store. If he does, he's just ignorant about how sick and cruel not hunting is. Imagine instead of a cow living shoulder to shoulder with other cows, imagine if it lived free and happy it's entire life until the day we decided to harvest it for meat. I would feel much better about eating cow if I knew they were all free range cows but unfortunately they are not.

This is how they live

I'd rather shoot wild pig too

No shit! Does he ask the Bear why it doesn't just live off berries? All I need to know is does that pussy eat cow meat from the grocery store. If he does, he's just ignorant about how sick and cruel not hunting is. Imagine instead of a cow living shoulder to shoulder with other cows, imagine if it lived free and happy it's entire life until the day we decided to harvest it for meat. I would feel much better about eating cow if I knew they were all free range cows but unfortunately they are not.

This is how they live

Maybe all those animals should be free to roam? What then. Just thunk if those hogs loved your yard.

The financial aspect of hunting is huge. Here are some numbers from: http://www.nssf.org/pdf/research/huntinginamerica_economicforceforconservation.pdf

"The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) 2011 National
Survey of Fishing, Hunting and Wildlife-Associated
Recreation reports 13.7 million people aged 16 or older –
approximately 6 percent of the United States population –
went hunting that year and spent a whopping $38.3
billion on equipment, licenses, trips and more. That is
a per-person expenditure of approximately $2,800 per
hunter! And these estimates are conservative. There are
approximately 2 million more hunters under the age of
16 for whom a parent or guardian likely spends on their
behalf. Plus, state hunting license records show some
hunters unable to renew their license in one year will
return the next."

"Local shops,outfitters, hotels, convenience stores,
restaurants and even landowners
who lease their land for hunting all
benefit from our nation’s 13.7 million
hunters who spent $38.3 billion in
2011. In addition to the 680,000 jobs
supported by hunters – greater than
the total employment in 12 states –
hunting generated $11.8 billion in tax
revenues for hard-pressed federal,
state and local tax coffers. The $26.4
billion in salaries and wages created
by hunters’ spending is larger than
the entire economy of Vermont."

In addition to the financial contributions to conservation, hunter feed a lot of people.

Safari Club International donates millions of pounds of high protein, low cholesterol, preservative free, low fat meat to soup kitchens, food banks and other charitable organizations. I have donated a good bit of wild game to such organizations.

In 2006 Safari Club International donated over 250,000 lbs of meat. In 2008 the total donated was over 422,000 lbs. That amounts to over 2.5 million servings of high quality protein with no preservatives, antibiotics, steroids or other chemicals added.

But if someone just wants to whine about how badly man has fucked up the planet, feel free. Bitching is easy. Doing something to actually make a difference takes a bit more.

This is how they live

Maybe all those animals should be free to roam? What then. Just thunk if those hogs loved your yard.

Turning all the farm animals loose would be a different thread.

As for what happens when you release hogs? That is an easy question to answer. Because it happened. And now there are millions of them doing severe damage to the ecosystem.

This is how they live

Bacon?

This is how they live

As for what happens when you release hogs? That is an easy question to answer. Because it happened. And now there are millions of them doing severe damage to the ecosystem.
What states is this happening in? I can't believe the people in those areas aren't taking advantage of this and feeding themselves with the wild pigs. Especially when they don't have to be worried about them being in season or out of season or going extinct. The goal is extinction, right?

Right now I can't hunt deer in Michigan. If there were wild pig available all year long and they were a problem on my property I would be hunting all year long. And is that such a bad thing?

For the record I'm not suggesting we let all the pigs loose. I'm suggesting we let them live comfortably until it is their time to feed us.

This is how they live

What states is this happening in? I can't believe the people in those areas aren't taking advantage of this and feeding themselves with the wild pigs. Especially when they don't have to be worried about them being in season or out of season or going extinct. The goal is extinction, right?

Right now I can't hunt deer in Michigan. If there were wild pig available all year long and they were a problem on my property I would be hunting all year long. And is that such a bad thing?

For the record I'm not suggesting we let all the pigs loose. I'm suggesting we let them live comfortably until it is their time to feed us.

If they aren't in your neck of the woods, they will be before too long.

"The wild hogs can now be found in three-fourths of U.S. states — and their populations are growing in many areas — and are estimated to cause $1.5 billion in damages each year, the Associated Press reports. There are currently more than 5 million wild hogs in the United States, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture."

This is how they live

If they aren't in your neck of the woods, they will be before too long.

"The wild hogs can now be found in three-fourths of U.S. states — and their populations are growing in many areas — and are estimated to cause $1.5 billion in damages each year, the Associated Press reports. There are currently more than 5 million wild hogs in the United States, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture."
I don't want the problem to come my way (up north Michigan) but I would like to hunt year round.

Anyways, I'm going to buy a Browning Abolt 30-06. My brother is getting one and we try to buy the same thing so we can use each others accessories like I purchased the same muzzle loader (CVA) and same crossbow (Ten Point) that way the cranks and cleaning kits and everything that he uses on his can be used on mine and visa versa.

I need to make sure my muzzle loader and crossbow are shooting straight. I'm not confident. And I need to practice from up in my blinds so I know exactly where to shoot if the deer is 40 yards or 60 yards away, etc. I'm NOT confident.

Forum List

Back