there is one thing I do not agree at all

and it is all this

kill kill kill poor innocent animals

that's all

want meat?

go to the supermarket

don't make the killing a habit or a sport

my 2 cents

I get that you dislike seeing an animal die. But be glad we do hunt.

Hunting brings in the lion's share of money for state conservation agencies. The fees, taxes, licences, ect all help fund state conservation.
Other than man, there is not a predator for adult deer. Dogs and coyote will harass one or kill a young one, but they don't keep the population in check. One state in the southeast has a deer population of around 1.5 million animals. Biologists say 1/3 of those should be culled to maintain a healthy herd.

So where are the natural predators? Could it be that man killed them off?

You think? But that is pretty much irrelevant, since we will not ringing those predators back in most areas, and the population of whitetail deer keeps growing.

So we keep playing God, and then we find excuses for things.

Maybe this is what happens when you start messing with the environment. (and this then goes off to a completely different topic which isn't for here).

I am a conservative and all of you are my friends

but only

and it is all this

that's all

want meat?

go to the supermarket

my 2 cents

Hunting brings in the lion's share of money for state conservation agencies. The fees, taxes, licences, ect all help fund state conservation.
Other than man, there is not a predator for adult deer. Dogs and coyote will harass one or kill a young one, but they don't keep the population in check. One state in the southeast has a deer population of around 1.5 million animals. Biologists say 1/3 of those should be culled to maintain a healthy herd.

Should we introduce wolves and wild cats back into your neighborhood?

Sure, why not.

I like my Winchester 700 in .270.
Sold the 30.06 because it was way more than needed in Texas.
The .270 shoots reasonably flat and will knock down larger animals such as Mule deer and Axis without a problem.

I think a .270 is an excellent deer round. I have owned 2 (a Rem 700 was a sweet shooter). Both were good rifles, but the 700 was the more accurate. I never had a deer leave the scene.
I want to spend a lot but I don't want a deer to leave the scene. So you don't get the cheapest, but what's the most expensive/best and what the best bang for my buck

The Winchester 700 series is the most used deer rifle or sniper rifle in history. And they dont cost a fortune.
You cant beat em unless you want to spend way more money. It's an American classic that still works.
Remington Model 700 - Development and Operational History, Performance Specifications and Picture Gallery

my brother in law has a pre 64 model 70 Winchester in 243 that is and

always has been a sweet rifle
My bro getting a Browning abolt 30-06.

What do you guys think about that gun?

i like browning i dont have a browning 30-06 but i do have a browning 12 gauge 3.5 inch

made in japan though

good turkey gun

Why don't you try hunting deer fairly. The deer has no weapon, you have no weapon, and see how superior you feel then.

If it were about feeling superior, you might have a point. But let's say, just for discussion, that we do that. No guns, bows or weapons for hunting. Besides you feeling smug, do you know what would happen? Ever see an area with too many deer browsing the foliage down? Ever see starving animals? Yeah, it is very humane.

Are you telling me that you go out hunting with the sole intention of making sure deer don't grow too populous? Or is it just a convenient excuse?

that is one of the considerations

i had done that many times in the past

that is the only reason the state gives out bonus deer tags and special hunts

is to lower the deer population

nature is a hard task mistress....yesterday i saw a crow with a baby bird....it had just snatched it outta the nest...the sparrows were die bombing it but the baby was dead and the crow moved on to feed its baby's the dead baby..... i am guessing at that but it is nesting season....

oddly enough people have no clue what would happen if hunting was stopped completely......duck hunters are the ones who moved in and saved the ducks when lead pellets were killing them....it was the duck hunters going wtf is happening....hunting and thinning herds is much less cruel than what mother nature will do to over crowded herds.....she will send in starvation and disease to correct the balance....everyone thinks of mother nature as this blissful fairy in the woods...in reality she is a totally dominating bitch and will always have her way in the end.....

deer are such a mess...easy to fall in love with them....i have feed and hauled fawns around and know that they are the cutest most helpless things in the world.....and i know they are not pets....i have had the luck to have a friend who did deer rehab....you would not think a fawn could knock you down....but they can and will if you have a bottle...

yes it is

i happened across a national geographic special

about this coyote seems he ordered up a faulty rocket

because when he lit it to catch this bird

it blew up in his face

Why don't you try hunting deer fairly. The deer has no weapon, you have no weapon, and see how superior you feel then.

If it were about feeling superior, you might have a point. But let's say, just for discussion, that we do that. No guns, bows or weapons for hunting. Besides you feeling smug, do you know what would happen? Ever see an area with too many deer browsing the foliage down? Ever see starving animals? Yeah, it is very humane.

Are you telling me that you go out hunting with the sole intention of making sure deer don't grow too populous? Or is it just a convenient excuse?
Are you telling me you buy meat in a grocery store because you're a big fat pussy?

Or that you think you aren't cruel for eating slaughter house meat?

Every deer is free range and lived a good life and met a quick end

if only that were truly so.....i do not care for bow hunters at all....or hunters too fucking fat and lazy to track a wounded animal

the deer i have shot with my bows have had quick deaths

usually run less then 20 yards before they bleed out

The .270 shoots reasonably flat and will knock down larger animals such as Mule deer and Axis without a problem.

I think a .270 is an excellent deer round. I have owned 2 (a Rem 700 was a sweet shooter). Both were good rifles, but the 700 was the more accurate. I never had a deer leave the scene.
I want to spend a lot but I don't want a deer to leave the scene. So you don't get the cheapest, but what's the most expensive/best and what the best bang for my buck

The Winchester 700 series is the most used deer rifle or sniper rifle in history. And they dont cost a fortune.
You cant beat em unless you want to spend way more money. It's an American classic that still works.
Remington Model 700 - Development and Operational History, Performance Specifications and Picture Gallery

Cant go wrong with a Browning.

Very nice...

Because I want too... That is anyone needs to know.

nature is a hard task mistress....yesterday i saw a crow with a baby bird....it had just snatched it outta the nest...the sparrows were die bombing it but the baby was dead and the crow moved on to feed its baby's the dead baby..... i am guessing at that but it is nesting season....

oddly enough people have no clue what would happen if hunting was stopped completely......duck hunters are the ones who moved in and saved the ducks when lead pellets were killing them....it was the duck hunters going wtf is happening....hunting and thinning herds is much less cruel than what mother nature will do to over crowded herds.....she will send in starvation and disease to correct the balance....everyone thinks of mother nature as this blissful fairy in the woods...in reality she is a totally dominating bitch and will always have her way in the end.....

deer are such a mess...easy to fall in love with them....i have feed and hauled fawns around and know that they are the cutest most helpless things in the world.....and i know they are not pets....i have had the luck to have a friend who did deer rehab....you would not think a fawn could knock you down....but they can and will if you have a bottle...
Ducks Unlimited, pheasants forever, Rocky Mount elk federation, mule deer foundation, etc... All only help the wildlife in this country, hhunting is the best way to make it all happen…

but only

and it is all this

that's all

want meat?

go to the supermarket

my 2 cents

Mountain lions, wolves - Mountain lions are in great numbers up here and many other places, a real challenge to hunt.
Wolves on the hand are a troublesome animal they need a lot of space and kill for fun...
Hunting is the best way to keep animal populations healthy....

but only

and it is all this

that's all

want meat?

go to the supermarket

my 2 cents

You think? But that is pretty much irrelevant, since we will not ringing those predators back in most areas, and the population of whitetail deer keeps growing.

So we keep playing God, and then we find excuses for things.

Maybe this is what happens when you start messing with the environment. (and this then goes off to a completely different topic which isn't for here).
God put wild game here for us to hunt...

Now we get onto the question of, if I just want to kill things, is this a valid thing to do?

If I kill humans? Wait, this is against the law. Life, apparently, is precious, so the "pro-lifers" tell me.
If I kill your pet dog? No, that's probably illegal too.
So why is killing a deer okay, but not other forms of animals?

but only

and it is all this

that's all

want meat?

go to the supermarket

my 2 cents

Mountain lions, wolves - Mountain lions are in great numbers up here and many other places, a real challenge to hunt.
Wolves on the hand are a troublesome animal they need a lot of space and kill for fun...

Who keeps the human population "healthy"? I mean if culling animals who have over populated is okay, then surely culling humans would also be a good idea, seeing as we're really at an unhealthy level of population.

Now we get onto the question of, if I just want to kill things, is this a valid thing to do?

If I kill humans? Wait, this is against the law. Life, apparently, is precious, so the "pro-lifers" tell me.

why is killing a blade of grass ok

why

--LOL

Because it's legal, those deer were put on earth to be hunted, your first questions were just deflections… LOL

but only

and it is all this

that's all

want meat?

go to the supermarket

my 2 cents

Who keeps the human population "healthy"? I mean if culling animals who have over populated is okay, then surely culling humans would also be a good idea, seeing as we're really at an unhealthy level of population.
Deflection noted

Because it's legal, those deer were put on earth to be hunted, your first questions were just deflections… LOL

So, if I say you were put on this Earth to be hunted, then it's okay?

What Hitler did, none of it was "illegal", he said Jews were put on this Earth for.... for whatever the hell he said. Does it make it okay?

Forum List

Back