Best double album ever?

Aug 11, 2008
What has been the best double album ever?
The Wall? Electric Ladyland? Exile On Main St? Physical Graffiti? The White Album?

Vote for your favourite double album. Double Album

Pfft. Some poll. "Other" is leading at 20% LOL.

For my vote, it's Tales From Topographic Oceans.

Here ya go... some of the best 1:23:14 ever put on vinyl. :thup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rwNe2QXwrU]Yes - Tales from Topographic Oceans (Full Album) - YouTube[/ame]

Frampton Comes Alive - stupid
I ended up buying and wearing that album out 3 times! I also, by listening to it, discovered that Radio Stations edited songs down to a 3:30 time frame. Why? So they could fit more commercials in!

My Uncle took Radio D.J. course at AM Radio KIIS's offices in Hollywood back in the late 70's and part of the curriculum was learning how to record and edit songs like that.

My personal favorite...

eagles-the-complete-greatest-hits-disc-2-album-cover-1779.jpg

I ended up buying and wearing that album out 3 times! I also, by listening to it, discovered that Radio Stations edited songs down to a 3:30 time frame. Why? So they could fit more commercials in!

My Uncle took Radio D.J. course at AM Radio KIIS's offices in Hollywood back in the late 70's and part of the curriculum was learning how to record and edit songs like that.

Saw him LIVE in Colt Park, Hartford, Conn. - 1976. Gary Wright was the start up.
Outdoors concert - rained the night before. Mudfest.
Dope smoke in the air.
Was a wonderful day.
Three weeks later -enlisted in the Nav and served 23 years.
Too bad today's fucking Libberhoid stooges don't understand patriotism

That would be in the poll as "Other".

I saw him in the ought-'70s when he toured as Frampton's Camel. They opened for Procol Harum and stole the whole night. :thup:
You know he recently got his Black 1954 Les Paul Custom back that was supposedly destroyed in a plane crash? PM me if you want the link to the story/discussion thread on a Les Paul site.

Last edited:
YES fan here. Saw a lot of good people turn their heads away from men who did their duty.

However, my favorite double albums are Electric Ladyland and Layla and other love songs. Voted for Layla. The Allman Brothers 'Live at the Fillmore East' is a close third.

Last edited:

Saw him LIVE in Colt Park, Hartford, Conn. - 1976. Gary Wright was the start up.
Outdoors concert - rained the night before. Mudfest.
Dope smoke in the air.
Was a wonderful day.
Three weeks later -enlisted in the Nav and served 23 years.
Too bad today's fucking Libberhoid stooges don't understand patriotism
Man, I saw Led Zep at L.A. Forum in 1977 and when we got into the arena I remember hearing ZZTop's "Tejas" album playing on the PA and there was this giant "marijuana cloud" hovering over the whole place!

That would be in the poll as "Other".

I saw him in the ought-'70s when he toured as Frampton's Camel. They opened for Procol Harum and stole the whole night. :thup:
You know he recently got his Black 1954 Les Paul Custom back that was supposedly destroyed in a plane crash? PM me if you want the link to the story/discussion thread on a Les Paul site.

Yeah I've seen that story somewherz.

I'll add London Calling and Songs From The Key of Life to the list.

Foghat Live...even though today we know a good part of it was studio recorded with audience dubbed in - nevertheless it is a great album

Last edited:

Forum List

Back