Bernie Sanders is going to get slapped around today by Reid and Obama

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
After Sanders clearly lost this race, on Tuesday June 7th, it surprised me to see him come out and give another campaign rally speech, versus conceding to Hillary Clinton. In fact, he stated again he was taking this battle all the way to the convention in July.

If we take a look at the numbers in comparison to what happened in 2008 it's rather SHOCKING

2008: Barack Obama versus Hillary Clinton. Barack Obama only captured 41,622 more popular votes to win the nomination. Hillary Clinton bowed out and endorsed him, and made no threats to take it all the way to the convention.
2008 Democratic Popular Vote | RealClearPolitics

2016: Bernie Sanders versus Hillary Clinton: Hillary Clinton has a 3,720,351 vote lead, and this nursing home candidate still hasn't conceded.
RealClearPolitics - 2016 Democratic Popular Vote

So I imagine the heat is on today with him meeting with Democrat Senate minority leader Harry Reid, and Barack Obama. Sanders really should have dropped out after getting clobbered in New York, and donated the rest of his campaign funds to other Democrats running for seats. Instead he sent out a mass email to his supporters for more donations, they sent him another 20+ million dollars, and the following week he got clobbered again in Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, & Connecticut. He still didn't drop out--WHY?

The only conclusion I can come up with is being an elderly male with an ego the size of a bus, he can't stand the thought of being beat by a woman. I believe if he was running against a male candidate he would have dropped out long ago.

34731e433c347faef57938aef65ca8c4.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back