Bernie Sanders introduces 'Stop BEZOS' bill

Brain357

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2013
This is a fascinating idea. Our biggest economic problem is stagnant wages. Could this be an answer?

Update: September 6, 2018: U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders on Wednesday introduced a bill that would tax corporations with more than 500 employees for the full amount employees receive in government assistance. The bill's title, "Stop Bad Employers by Zeroing Out Subsidies Act," or "Stop BEZOS," is an open jab at Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos. Sanders had previously criticized Amazon after a study found that some fulfillment center employees relied on a federal food assistance program. Sanders' criticism drew a heated response from Amazon, which prompted another detailed critique from Sanders' office, one that included testimonials from Amazon employeesabout working conditions.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
I wonder if that asshole has even heard of the Constitution?
Holy fuck

Holy fuck
What part of the constitution?
In general, obviously.
What part in regards to the OP?
Considering federal aid and fed govt regulation of some businesses is unconstitutional, it sure doesnt seem like this bill is, does it?
I’m not sure. What part of the constitution? Taxes are constitutional.

Holy fuck
In general, obviously.
Considering federal aid and fed govt regulation of some businesses is unconstitutional, it sure doesnt seem like this bill is, does it?
OMG lol
I guess its perfectly constitutional to tax all gun grabbers at 100% right?
I guess its perfectly constitutional to tax all persons that dont suck their rep in DCs dick every morning.
Go read the Constitution and get back with me. Maybe then you will understand it.

In general, obviously.
OMG lol
I guess its perfectly constitutional to tax all persons that dont suck their rep in DCs dick every morning.
Go read the Constitution and get back with me. Maybe then you will understand it.
I didn’t say any of that. Just asking you for specifics. You brought up the constitution. What part of the constitution?

I do not like it. The Sanders idea renders large corporations some kind of PATERNALISTIC
ORGANIZATION. It actually confers POWERS
on persons who control large businesses over the
personal lives of the members of the FAMILIES
of their employees. To me it is a weird kind of legal
enslavement------something like SERFDOM

In general, obviously.
OMG lol
I didn’t say any of that. Just asking you for specifics. You brought up the constitution. What part of the constitution?
I know you didnt say that. I was trying to elaborate on why your statement was silly.
The part that doesnt exist that gives the fed gov the right to do those things :thup:

In general, obviously.
OMG lol

Personal rights as a free human bean

OMG lol
I know you didnt say that. I was trying to elaborate on why your statement was silly.
The part that doesnt exist that gives the fed gov the right to do those things :thup:
What about the 16th amendment?

I do not like it. The Sanders idea renders large corporations some kind of PATERNALISTIC
How does it do that? It sounds like a tax on corporations who pay so little that employees collect welfare.

OMG lol
Lol what about it?

OMG lol
Lol what about it?
Wouldn’t it make this perfectly legal?

How does it do that? It sounds like a tax on corporations who pay so little that employees collect welfare.

there are all KINDS of benefits for many many different reasons. How would they determine who is or is not eligible for some "SPECIAL" benefit which falls under the "welfare" umbrella?----would it be
by INDIVIDUAL or by FAMILY or by HOUSEHOLD?
If a veteran receives a 10% disability benefit------would DA COMPANY have to pay it?

OMG lol
Lol what about it?
Wouldn’t it make this perfectly legal?
How would it?

This is a fascinating idea. Our biggest economic problem is stagnant wages. Could this be an answer?

Update: September 6, 2018: U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders on Wednesday introduced a bill that would tax corporations with more than 500 employees for the full amount employees receive in government assistance. The bill's title, "Stop Bad Employers by Zeroing Out Subsidies Act," or "Stop BEZOS," is an open jab at Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos. Sanders had previously criticized Amazon after a study found that some fulfillment center employees relied on a federal food assistance program. Sanders' criticism drew a heated response from Amazon, which prompted another detailed critique from Sanders' office, one that included testimonials from Amazon employeesabout working conditions.

Now this is something I can get behind. 100%. The government shouldn't be forced to help YOUR employees because your uber rich ass wants to play cheap and not pay them well enough.

What is with these idiotic names for bills?

What’s next?

“Scribble all over Trump’s portrait” bill?

Forum List

Back