Bernie Sanders introduces "Stop BEZOS Act"

No, we need to increase the minimum wage you cretin.

To WHAT you ignorant fucktard.
Once you raise the minimum wage, the consumer price index will start to rise as companies shift to keep their profits where they are.

Why stop at a living wage if it's that easy? Why not $250/hr? Wouldn't that level the playing field even more?

Why do so many people have shit for brains?
To the level where the state does not have to subsidise shit like bezos.

You said,

"If the state didnt give out all these benefits people couldnt afford to take Bazos crumbs and he would be forced to pay a decent wage"

If he's already going to be "forced", you can eliminate the minimum wage.
People dont work to starve. Either the company paays enough or the state makes up the balance. Why do you want the tsate to subsidise these hugely profitable corporations ? Are you a commie ?

People dont work to starve

End those benefits, FORCE Bezos to pay more.

Why do you want the tsate to subsidise these hugely profitable corporations ?

Are you stupid boy? End the subsidies by ending the benefits.

I disagree. Government subsidies allow these huge corporations to under cut smaller businesses. Its a race to the bottom funded by the tax payer.

I despise government assistance to corporations.

But this is no way to solve the problem.

All this will do is make it SOOO much harder for people on social assistance to get a job...because why would a store hire you if you are on government assistance under this Bill? They won't - because it will cost them more money. They will hire someone who is not on/will not need government assistance.
Plus, they will fire anyone who is on government assistance (to save money - of course, they will make up another excuse for the firing).

Finally, anyone who actually just wants part time work and needs government assistance (like a single mother) will not be hired now because of this bill.

This hurts no one but the poor.

I disagree. Government subsidies allow these huge corporations to under cut smaller businesses. Its a race to the bottom funded by the tax payer.

All this will do is make it SOOO much harder for people on social assistance to get a job...because why would a store hire you if you are on government assistance under this Bill? They won't - because it will cost them more money. They will hire someone who is not on/will not need government assistance.
Plus, they will fire anyone who is on government assistance (to save money - of course, they will make up another excuse for the firing).

Finally, anyone who actually just wants part time work and needs government assistance (like a single mother) will not be hired now because of this bill.

They cant hire anyone who isnt on assistance because their wages are so shit. They will hve to raise their wages. Its happening here in the UK now. Our conservative government reversed a lifetime opposition to a minimum wage because they finally realised they were subsidising shit employers. It has had no adverse effect on employment.

Once you raise the minimum wage, the consumer price index will start to rise as companies shift to keep their profits where they are.

Why stop at a living wage if it's that easy? Why not $250/hr? Wouldn't that level the playing field even more?

Clearly something is amiss when Dr Evil is worth $160 billion, yet some of his employees are eligible for government assistance.

Clearly something is amiss when Dr Evil is worth $160 billion, yet some of his employees are eligible for government assistance.
Its modern day serfdom and you are paying for it.

They cant hire anyone who isnt on assistance because their wages are so shit. They will hve to raise their wages. Its happening here in the UK now. Our conservative government reversed a lifetime opposition to a minimum wage because they finally realised they were subsidising shit employers. It has had no adverse effect on employment.

No they won't.

These jobs are low tech, minimum wage-type, little/zero training jobs...easy to fill. But they will not hire anyone who is or might end up on government assistance. Instead, they will hire students/people who are not on government assistance and who just need a couple extra bucks.
Despite what the bogus unemployment rate says - there are tens of millions of Americans who want a job.

This is bad news for the poor and there is NO WAY the corporations are going to raise their wages for this. No way in hell.

I am not going to argue with you on this...you are not even over here - you do not know what it is like first hand. I respect your opinion on other things - but on this you are mistaken, IMO, this bill will NOT get higher wages...it will only hurt the poor.

You obviously do not agree and I assume your mind is closed on the issue, so be it.

We are done here, good day.

One last point.

All this is irrelevant anyway. There is ZERO chance this bill will pass in a house run by Republicans. And Sanders surely knows this. If he was SOOO big on it, than why did he not wait until after November when there is a chance the Dems could take over the House and maybe get the bill through?

It's obvious why...because this is nothing more than Sanders trying to get brownie points from his base for standing up to 'big, bad Amazon'.

A pretty pathetic display, IMO...I thought Sanders was a bit better than that.

Forum List

Back