Bernie Kerik gets 4 years in the Slammer

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
federal time, too, so he'll do at least 85% of it.
tough break, bernie.

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Former New York City police Commissioner Bernard Kerik has been sentenced to four years in federal prison.

Kerik was hailed as a hero after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. He admitted last year that he lied to the White House while being vetted for chief of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

He also pleaded guilty to tax fraud and six other felonies.

Ex-NYC police boss Bernard Kerik gets 4 years in prison - BostonHerald.com

His going to jail was pretty much a given once he was charged.

But I'm afraid I have a problem with judges going outside the plea deal made by the prosecutor and the defendant. I know they have the right to do it, but I think it's bad form. And I think the judge just wanted them talking about how tough he was. I never like that.

Ha ha ha, Bushy tried to make him head of homeland security! :lol:

Notice that Rudy was noticeably absent and didn't even write a letter for him for sentencing.

And I hate to say it, but he'd have been great at Homeland Security.

I agree. Kerick would have been awesome as Homeland Security Chief.

Don't quite know what he did to get arrested???

I also agree on the plea deal. Wonder how many others will want to plead now???

I have mixed feelings on this one.

While I certainly understand that he needed to get punished for what he had done -- I also feel that there was (in effect) too little credit given to him for all of the service he had performed.

Some folks spend a lifetime richly deserving incarceration.

Other folks, though deserving of some incarceration, managed to spend most of their life deserving better.

My belief is that Bernie Kerik falls more into the latter category. The judge had some legitimate things to say (a great deal of it to the contrary of my point of view). I can't say the judge was exactly wrong, either. But damn! SOME credit for all the good Kerik had done wouldn't have undermined "justice," either.

Ha ha ha, Bushy tried to make him head of homeland security! :lol:

Notice that Rudy was noticeably absent and didn't even write a letter for him for sentencing.

And I hate to say it, but he'd have been great at Homeland Security.

I agree. Kerick would have been awesome as Homeland Security Chief.

Don't quite know what he did to get arrested???

I also agree on the plea deal. Wonder how many others will want to plead now???

Bernard Kerik pleads guilty to lying about payoff: He's first NYPD commish to admit to crime
By Robert Gearty In White Plains and Greg B. Smith In New York
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Originally Published:Thursday, November 5th 2009, 11:52 AM
Updated: Thursday, November 5th 2009, 1:19 PM

Bernard Kerik became the first NYPD commissioner to admit committing a crime Wednesday, pleading guilty to lying about a secret payoff he took from a mob-linked contractor.

In a 90-minute hearing in White Plains Federal Court, Kerik pleaded guilty to eight of 15 charges against him.

They included not telling the IRS the contractor footed the bill for a $255,000 renovation of his apartment, and lying to the White House.

With his corruption trial set to begin next week, the former top cop worked out a last-minute deal in which prosecutors dropped the most serious charges - mail and wire fraud - and agreed to recommend prison time of 27 to 33 months.

Read more: Bernard Kerik pleads guilty to lying about payoff: He's first NYPD commish to admit to crime

His farts won't make a sound anymore after he gets stretched out.

He has a black belt in karate. "He is a 5th Degree Master Instructor in the Martial Arts, studying both Korean and Japanese Karate, and has been inducted into The Centurion Black Belt Hall of Fame." -- so sayeth Wiki: Bernard Kerik - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I doubt anyone in the federal pen will want to mess with Kerik.

One Bush Criminal Down: Who's Next?

kerik_bernard.jpg

Former New York City police Commissioner Bernard Kerik, who has been free for months since pleading guilty to eight felonies, likely is heading back behind bars.

Kerik, who was hailed as a hero alongside former Mayor Rudy Giuliani after the Sept. 11 terror attacks and nearly became chief of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, admitted in November that he lied to the White House, filed false taxes and committed other crimes.

rudy-hug-bernie.JPG

palling around with criminals!

kerik_bernard.jpg

Former New York City police Commissioner Bernard Kerik, who has been free for months since pleading guilty to eight felonies, likely is heading back behind bars.

Kerik, who was hailed as a hero alongside former Mayor Rudy Giuliani after the Sept. 11 terror attacks and nearly became chief of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, admitted in November that he lied to the White House, filed false taxes and committed other crimes.

rudy-hug-bernie.JPG

A particularly dishonest and stupid post, even by The Schmucky Canuky's standards.

In the first place, Kerik was not a "Bush" anything.

It does turn out that he was a criminal in some ways, and that's quite sad. But his association with President Bush was rather limited. He served as an interim administrator as we helped prop up a new Iraqi government. And he was nominated for -- but never got too far in the approval process -- a cabinet post (DHS).

The truth about Kerik -- which is far too much to ask of a scumbag like the Schmucky Canuky from Canuckystain -- is more complicated. http://www.usmessageboard.com/reputation.php?p=2032963

federal time, too, so he'll do at least 85% of it.
tough break, bernie.

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Former New York City police Commissioner Bernard Kerik has been sentenced to four years in federal prison.

Kerik was hailed as a hero after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. He admitted last year that he lied to the White House while being vetted for chief of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

He also pleaded guilty to tax fraud and six other felonies.

Ex-NYC police boss Bernard Kerik gets 4 years in prison - BostonHerald.com

Tax Fraud is against the law? Why didn't he just join the Obama Administration?

kerik_bernard.jpg

rudy-hug-bernie.JPG

A particularly dishonest and stupid post, even by The Schmucky Canuky's standards.

It does turn out that he was a criminal in some ways, and that's quite sad. But his association with President Bush was rather limited. He served as an interim administrator as we helped prop up a new Iraqi government. And he was nominated for -- but never got too far in the approval process -- a cabinet post (DHS).

The truth about Kerik -- which is far too much to ask of a scumbag like the Schmucky Canuky from Canuckystain -- is more complicated. http://www.usmessageboard.com/reputation.php?p=2032963

awwwww look at the poor bitch sticking up for another Bush toadie who's going to get cornholed daily by freaks......too bad Guantanamo still ain't open for customers right?

kerik_bernard.jpg

rudy-hug-bernie.JPG

awwwww look at the poor bitch sticking up for another Bush toadie who's going to get cornholed daily by freaks......too bad Guantanamo still ain't open for customers right?

Wrong despite having had your glaring error previously corrected.

Kerik cannot have been a Bush toadie since his relationship with the former President was so acant.

And since Mr. Kerik is an accomplished Master in two forms of karate, it is a practical certainty that nobody will be doing any cornholing to him when his term begins -- wherever he ends up.

It's too bad scum like you can't spend a few years in Gitmo.

well you can send your hero love letters about what you will do together when he gets out....meanwhile he can practice his karate with a mouthfull of cream of some youngman.

rudy-hug-bernie.JPG

LOL - I don't think he will be fighting over who's going to be catching and who will be pitching

well you can send your hero love letters about what you will do together when he gets out....meanwhile he can practice his karate with a mouthfull of cream of some youngman.

Your prison fantasy would end with you eating your own teeth.

I do not view Mr. Kerik as a hero. He broke the law. But even so, he did do some terrific things for America and for New Yorkers and I think it's a bit unfair that his good deeds did not get weighted into the sentencing consideration all that well.

Forum List

Back