New Credit Card Rules Start Today

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
Just a reminder . . . . keep tabs on what your CC company is doing. Read the fineprint.

Mixed blessing: credit card reform may shock some

The best credit card reform is a sharp pair of scissors.

We are ready to do just that if our CC company starts imposing annual fees or some other bs fee. They already racked our rate up about 2 months ago. We're toxic to these companies . . . . not carrying a balance and paying our bill off on time and all. Damn personal fiscal responsibility!

The best credit card reform is a sharp pair of scissors.

We are ready to do just that if our CC company starts imposing annual fees or some other bs fee. They already racked our rate up about 2 months ago. We're toxic to these companies . . . . not carrying a balance and paying our bill off on time and all. Damn personal fiscal responsibility!

Yeah they do hate those who are responsible in their actions don't they?

all we use now is the banks debit card

Did you get rid of you CC or just don't use them?

If they don't impose any type of inactivity fee you can keep them in case of emergency; if they start charging for non-use you can use them a few times a year to avoid the fee. Some companies are charging a $60 fee unless you charge $2,400/year on the card. Bullllshit.

all we use now is the banks debit card

Did you get rid of you CC or just don't use them?

If they don't impose any type of inactivity fee you can keep them in case of emergency; if they start charging for non-use you can use them a few times a year to avoid the fee. Some companies are charging a $60 fee unless you charge $2,400/year on the card. Bullllshit.

got rid of em. except one. closed the accounts and cut em up. we have virtually no debt now. im a home owner so i have to keep one just in case. and if they start railin' me with charges ill fire their ass to. i can get a bank loan or use my equity.

i really feel for people with high debt now

I only got one letter imposing a fee. I called the same day and cancelled.

All the other cards got chopped up.

I'm unemployed. what am I doing with a credit card anyway?

if you use creditcards.com you can find one with good rewards, no fees, etc. I would never keep one with a yearly fee or 'no-use' fee. it is *not* smart though to just cut up all your cards and stop using credit, your credit score will suffer and if you do hit an emergency and need a qucik loan, you won't be getting it or it will be with a huge interest rate.

Chase wanted to up my interest rate to 26.99%!!!!! That's like loan shark interest rates. So instead of getting a good percentage, they want to rob people? thank god there was an option to close the account, which I promptly did. I don't get these companies, instead of getting some money ,they jack up the rates to absurd levels on who are usually the poorer and maybe in more debt, so that they can't afford even the basic monthy payment, and they end up getting nothing. Just like the ARM, instead of keeping the rate the same, the jacked them up to the point people couldn't afford it and end up foreclosing.

Chase wanted to up my interest rate to 26.99%!!!!! That's like loan shark interest rates. So instead of getting a good percentage, they want to rob people? thank god there was an option to close the account, which I promptly did. I don't get these companies, instead of getting some money ,they jack up the rates to absurd levels on who are usually the poorer and maybe in more debt, so that they can't afford even the basic monthy payment, and they end up getting nothing. Just like the ARM, instead of keeping the rate the same, the jacked them up to the point people couldn't afford it and end up foreclosing.

26.99% is like drop your pants and grab your ankles. here she comes !!!!

if you use creditcards.com you can find one with good rewards, no fees, etc. I would never keep one with a yearly fee or 'no-use' fee. it is *not* smart though to just cut up all your cards and stop using credit, your credit score will suffer and if you do hit an emergency and need a qucik loan, you won't be getting it or it will be with a huge interest rate.

BTY I still write checks. just for my utilites. and im well under 70

Forum List

Back