Berkeley approves free pot for low income residents

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
I swear to fucking god I honestly believe modern day American liberals are by far the single worst thing this country has ever had to deal with.
These people are absolutely fucking insane. I realize this is Berkeley, ground zero of liberal devastation, but it's bad enough that liberals have trained Americans for years to live off of taxpayers, but now these liberals want the taxpayer to pay to get other people stoned.
Oh sure, they'll claim it's for "medical" reasons, but lets be honest, medical Marijuana was introduced as a backdoor way to set the wheels in motion for full legalization.
Anyway, this isn't intended as a debate thread, it's just intended to demonstrate the foolishness and utter wackiness of the American liberal.

"Free Pot for Poor and Homeless Begins in August"

inShare

In an effort to ensure low-income and homeless residents have access to the same medical care as others, beginning next August, Berkeley, California, medical marijuana dispensaries will be required to donate 2 percent of their product to residents earning less than $32,000 a year for an individual and $46,000 for a family of four.

Berkeley’s City Council unanimously approved the measure this summer in order to provide poor people the opportunity to marijuana that sells for up to $400 an ounce, according to The New York Times.

The quality of the free pot must be the same as what’s sold in the dispensary, NBC Bay Area reported.

“It’s sort of a cruel thing that when you are really ill and you do have a serious illness ... it can be hard to work, it can be hard to maintain a job and when that happens, your finances suffer and then you can’t buy the medicine you need,” said Sean Luce of the Berkeley Patients Group.

Marijuana is used to treat a variety of maladies, such as pain, insomnia, low appetite, nausea, weight loss and muscle spasms. But since it is still illegal under federal law, health insurance doesn't cover cannabis.

Not everyone thinks offering free pot to low-income residents is a good idea.

“Instead of taking steps to help the most economically vulnerable residents get out of that state, the city has said, ‘Let’s just get everybody high,’ ” John Lovell, a lobbyist for the California Narcotic Officers’ Association, told the Times.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Free Pot for Poor and Homeless Begins in August
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

What will happen: the pot dispensaries will move to Oakland.

I'm not sure how an ordinance like that is legal. I guess we'll see if any of the dispensary operators sue.

Or they'll just move out of the city, which is probably easier.

What will happen: the pot dispensaries will move to Oakland.

Normal people in normal businesses would move to avoid the tax, but these are pothead business owners probably already Berkeley residents. In other words they're insane, so don't expect them to have a rational response.

I'm not sure how an ordinance like that is legal. I guess we'll see if any of the dispensary operators sue. Or they'll just move out of the city, which is probably easier.

You wouldn't believe the shit that goes on there. But remember that not everyone in Berkeley is some mental case Stalinist. During the Vietnam War, several idiots on the city council decided Berkeley should officially side with North Vietnam against the US. There was a huge and violent fight at city hall in which two dozen people got the shit beat out of their marxists asses. Nearly everything that city council does is illegal and never stands up in court. They're totalitarians. That's the city though. The school's not nearly as bad as it once was.

Anyone that wants it should be able to get FREE HEROINE in any quantity they want! Perhaps take 5 years to end the drug problem here, that has been virtually useless to try, and enforce for 8+ decades!

I'm not sure how an ordinance like that is legal. I guess we'll see if any of the dispensary operators sue. Or they'll just move out of the city, which is probably easier.

You wouldn't believe the shit that goes on there. But remember that not everyone in Berkeley is some mental case Stalinist. During the Vietnam War, several idiots on the city council decided Berkeley should officially side with North Vietnam against the US. There was a huge and violent fight at city hall in which two dozen people got the shit beat out of their marxists asses. Nearly everything that city council does is illegal and never stands up in court. They're totalitarians. That's the city though. The school's not nearly as bad as it once was.

Didn't they try, or succeed to kick out all military recruiting stations in the city limits a while back ?

Didn't they try, or succeed to kick out all military recruiting stations in the city limits a while back ?

I don't know but I vaguely remember hearing about that. I went to school there many moons ago. Last time I was in Berkeley was about 10 years ago for a Daniel Pipes lecture at the school. It was disruptedand/cancelled by three dozen Iranian students screaming and ranting. Radical Muslims are your typical Berkeley marxist's buddies now. I remember just 15 years ago if anyone dared say anything remotely anti-Semitic, the Berkeley establishment, both the school and the city, descended on the heretic like jackals on a fawn. Of couse that was true of academia anywhere in the West. Not anymore. The chickenshits are all quaking in their Tevas anytime radical Islam says "boo". They're polite about expressing their anti-Semitism though. They call themselves "anti-Zionists". That's the left-wing academic way of saying "I hate you you Jew bastard".

Anyone that wants it should be able to get FREE HEROINE in any quantity they want! Perhaps take 5 years to end the drug problem here, that has been virtually useless to try, and enforce for 8+ decades!

I actually think that's a worthy experiment to try out. You'd have my vote. Lets make it all drugs though, let them pick and choose from a free vending machine and monitor crime rates.

I swear to fucking god I honestly believe modern day American liberals are by far the single worst thing this country has ever had to deal with.
These people are absolutely fucking insane. I realize this is Berkeley, ground zero of liberal devastation, but it's bad enough that liberals have trained Americans for years to live off of taxpayers, but now these liberals want the taxpayer to pay to get other people stoned.
Oh sure, they'll claim it's for "medical" reasons, but lets be honest, medical Marijuana was introduced as a backdoor way to set the wheels in motion for full legalization.
Anyway, this isn't intended as a debate thread, it's just intended to demonstrate the foolishness and utter wackiness of the American liberal.

If this were free beer you wouldn't be saying shit so shut up.

Minimum wage increase + free health insurance + free pot.

The list keeps getting longer and longer.

What kind of gullible, ignorant fool would pay 400 dollars for an ounce of Marijuana?

I don't advocate free health insurance. I advocate free medical and dental care. If it's free ya don't need insurance. :)

Can't say I advocate free pot so much as advocate less hypocrisy. But if it mellows people out so much the better. Don't see a problem there.

+ free sex change operation...whether they need one or not.

I don't advocate free health insurance. I advocate free medical and dental care. If it's free ya don't need insurance. :)

Can't say I advocate free pot so much as advocate less hypocrisy. But if it mellows people out so much the better. Don't see a problem there.

I know a few doctors and only a few of them actually donate their time to work for free and that's only on foreign missions. I don't believe that they want to work for free, so you might need to rethink your plan about people getting free medical care.

That's what will motivate these lazy people to find work. Get stoned everyday! I think this is part of the problem to begin with.

That's what will motivate these lazy people to find work. Get stoned everyday! I think this is part of the problem to begin with.

How is it your problem if people choose not to "work"? There are numerous homeless, unemployed Tibetian Monks elsewhere in the world who must be far happier than you are.

Forum List

Back