Beer

bill5

Jul 26, 2011
God bless it. :cool:

Any particular favorite types or brands? I'm pretty much all over the map. I haven't drank the cheaper, mass-produced stuff (Bud Miller etc) in a long time as IMO it sucks, but I'm also no trend whore or sheeple putz who drinks something because it's popular or considered "cool" to drink. Often I'll get the best avail or what appeals at the grocery store out of convenience.

Being a relative newcomer, you may not be familiar with the search function here at USMB.
Properly utilized, you would have found five entire pages of threads with the word "beer" in the title.

That said, I like Ales and also Pilsner type beers. My favorite is probably Fuller's ESB.
My get-drunk beer is Bud Light. Relatively inexpensive and the hangovers are predictable.

Rolling Rock

rolling_rock.jpg

Being a relative newcomer, you may not be familiar with the search function here at USMB.
Properly utilized, you would have found five entire pages of threads with the word "beer" in the title.
I'm familiar. I didn't see any that seemed to be for general discussion of beer. Well actually I saw one and all it had were cut n pasted images of beer - why someone would bother posting that on a message board I'll never know, but to each their own. Point being I was interested in general discussion and thought it might be a good idea to start up a general thread to discuss what people like (or not) and why, what they're drinking lately etc.

"worst beer ever" is a tough call. The first I ever had was a Colt 45 and that has to rank (and I do mean RANK) up there. Schmidts, Schlitz, Black Label, PBR...really any dirt cheap beer is classic "get what you pay for" stuff. Gross.

Funny how the bad beers are just as memorable as the good ones. LOL
I really enjoy Corona Light. Not qute as rich. Easier to slam down.
Geez you'd think with NAFTA the stuff would be $3 but it's closer to $7.

My General purpose beers: Bass Ale and Brooklyn Lager
Summer beer: Blue Moon (with an orange slice)
Favorite cheap beer: Busch in a can
My "if they have it on tap i drink it" beers: Magic Hat #9 and Blue Point Toasted lager

I like Magic Hat #9 but their other beers suck IMO.

Generally speaking, England has the best beer. I think the WORST beer of theirs I ever had was Speckled Hen and it was good.

"worst beer ever" is a tough call. The first I ever had was a Colt 45 and that has to rank (and I do mean RANK) up there. Schmidts, Schlitz, Black Label, PBR...really any dirt cheap beer is classic "get what you pay for" stuff. Gross.

When I was stationed in Memphis, people liked to drink what we called "roulette beer" (i.e. Black Label).

Why did we call it that? Because there's a different alcohol content in each can.

Best beers? Had many. Over in Turkey they have a government brewed beer called "Efes" which is actually kinda decent and only cost (back in the 80's) around 30 cents a bottle.

As far as domestic beer? I think that the best beer that the US brews comes from Louisiana and it's called Dixie beer. Nice and light and goes down smooth.

For darker beers? My favorite has to be Guinesses Extra Stout. Can be drank at room temperature and travels well in saddle bags.

I get Coors (full strength, not that light shit) for $14.99 for an 18 pack at the supermarket.

That's less than a buck a can for a damn good, refreshing beer.

I'm a girl...so maybe this explains it:

Rolling-Rock-Tumbler_2569-l.jpg

sunshine-wheat-can.jpg

SamuelAdamsCherryWheat.png

ufo_hefe_raspberry_beer.jpg

Truth be told, I'm more of a vodka tonic type.

edit: My brother works here, and of course I'll drink Easy Street Wheat. :lol: I'm hopeless.
beer-odell-brewing-lg.jpg

Last edited:
I get Coors (full strength, not that light shit) for $14.99 for an 18 pack at the supermarket.

That's less than a buck a can for a damn good, refreshing beer.

You know..........Milwaukee's Best isn't too bad either, and at 20 bucks for a 30 pack, it's pretty cheap as well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ylRplLnU84]‪Rodney Carrington - Titties & Beer‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

2nd Best in the WORLD!

Attachments

• $VB.jpg
    $VB.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 76

Forum List

Back