Because Of The Recession, My Investments Have Lost 25% of their Market Value

I can thank Uncle Jojo and the stupid Democrats for rabid inflation and the burgeoning recession
They didn’t help, but that’s also what you get when you make the mistake of investing in things you can’t hold on your hand.

I invest in weapons, supplies, ammunition, and other physical items. No stocks, bonds, etc…

They didn’t help, but that’s also what you get when you make the mistake of investing in things you can’t hold on your hand.

I invest in weapons, supplies, ammunition, and other physical items. No stocks, bonds, etc…
That is hoarding, not investing. You won't make a profit like that, fool.

OH NO!!! I’m so pained!
A moron who thinks it’s illegal for Pelosi to conduct insider trading is ignoring me!!!
1665161197535.gif

I have investments in the stock market and also outside the stock market.

What I am is PREPARED. My assets can be traded or sold by my next of kin if unused. I never expect to see “retirement “, and the “investments” would go to waste.
You can thank the cretins that voted for Biden.

If you don't know, why do you think you're NOT in an index fund? ... at your age, you shouldn't have very much of your portfolio invested in equities, too risky ... if you lose everything, your broker will still be driving a Taycan, and you will be back in the workforce trying to make ends meet ...

You stated that you've lost 14% of your retirement savings ... is that more or less than the cost of a lawyer going over the fine print and explaining everything to you? ... I'm guessing more, that makes it long past time for you to hire that lawyer ... at least tell your broker you're planning on hiring a lawyer ... or even better, have a lawyer send your broker a letter ...

Just curious ... why didn't you invest in real estate at the time? ...
Bonds and stocks were BOTH down 25% unless you were in short term/ie 2-5 year T-bills.
`

Here's my story (and I'm sticking to it). I have an investment account with Merrill Lynch. It includes my IRA, my wife's IRA, and other savings - enough that the well will never run dry. I'm 73 and my wife is soon-to-be 70. We draw a monthly stipend that is much less than the earnings of the accounts - ignoring asset value fluctuation. That plus SS keeps the wheels turning, and we don't want for nothing.

Every year, they call us in for a meeting where they tell us how their investment experts have created a strategy that is perfectly geared to our situation, where we are in the draw-down phase of life, and no longer looking for speculative gains and whatnot.

But here's the thing: My our portfolio EXACTLY follows the DOW. Not on a day-by-day basis, but certainly month-to-month. The DOW has gone from 35,000 roughly and now it's at about 30,000, and our investments have gone down in EXACTLY that same percentage.

The fees we are charged are buried in the fine print, and I don't even bother looking to see what they are. My broker derives a Taycan, if that means anything to you. We turned over all our money to them about ten years ago, and if we had put it into an index fund we would be in the same place.
That is exactly why my wife manage all of our own financial accounts with no input from "financial experts". When it comes down to it, 99% percent of them don't know any more than you or I and at least I am not lucky enough to find the 1% that does.

OH NO!!! I’m so pained!
A moron who thinks it’s illegal for Pelosi to conduct insider trading is ignoring me!!!
View attachment 706949

Dude, it IS illegal for Pelosi to conduct insider trading. Insider trading is a crime. You CANNOT have crimes that ONLY mere "citizens" can be found guilty of. There are NOT two sets of laws, one for us mere "citizens" and one for congress. No, INSIDER TRADING IS ILLEGAL FOR EVERYONE.

The law prohibits the use of non-public information for private profit, including insider trading by members of Congress and other government employees

You're a fucking moron, now sit down and shut up.

Only Congress has insider trading capabilities.

Not true, just ask Martha Stewart. However, if they do it, its illegal and they should go to jail just like Martha Stewart.

Not illegal for Nancy Pelosi to conduct insider trading.

Yes it is. See the STOCK act.

Last edited:
Dude, it IS illegal for Pelosi to conduct insider trading. Insider trading is a crime. You CANNOT have crimes that ONLY mere "citizens" can be found guilty of. There are NOT two sets of laws, one for us mere "citizens" and one for congress. No, INSIDER TRADING IS ILLEGAL FOR EVERYONE.

You're a fucking moron, now sit down and shut up.

Not true, just ask Martha Stewart. However, if they do it, its illegal and they should go to jail just like Martha Stewart.

Yes it is. See the STOCK act.
Educate yourself.
Pelosi is carrying around a bill to stop insider trading by Congress in the hope it makes it appear she’s doing something. But it’ll never get passed, the inside traders vote on it.

Last edited:
If you don't know, why do you think you're NOT in an index fund? ... at your age, you shouldn't have very much of your portfolio invested in equities, too risky ... if you lose everything, your broker will still be driving a Taycan, and you will be back in the workforce trying to make ends meet ...

You stated that you've lost 14% of your retirement savings ... is that more or less than the cost of a lawyer going over the fine print and explaining everything to you? ... I'm guessing more, that makes it long past time for you to hire that lawyer ... at least tell your broker you're planning on hiring a lawyer ... or even better, have a lawyer send your broker a letter ...

Just curious ... why didn't you invest in real estate at the time? ...
Real Estate crashes and takes years to recover.

Educate yourself.
Pelosi is carrying around a bill to stop insider trading by Congress in the hope it makes it appear she’s doing something. But it’ll never get passed, the inside traders vote on it.

Obama already did that and it's being violated every moment of the day.

Forum List

Back