Beating The Liberal Education Industry

You must call it Common Core. That is the name.
To date, not one thing in the World has been created or invented by a Common Core student/graduate.

Common Core dictates beliefs to the children. It can not be called school or education.

Try adding twice to subtract once and remember, we no longer have founding fathers.

Interesting. That mathematical procedure is not Common Core. That is the instructional curriculum that teaches you how to add.

Also, since Common Core did not have social studies standards, what would it have to do with the Founding Fathers?

Apparently, you know nothing about Common Core.
Technically speaking, you know nothing of common core.

The "instructional curriculum" as you call it is known as common core math by just about everyone in the USA. I spoke about subtracting, specifically how common core standards require children to add, subtract, and then add to get the answer to a simple two number subtraction problem.

Social Studies? Does American History now fall under social studies?

There are no common core social study nor history standards? You should learn and educate yourself before you post.

Yes, under common core standards there is no longer Founding Fathers, and you add twice to subtract.

www.corestandards.org/ELA-Literacy/RH/
The standards below begin at grade 6; standards for K-5 reading in history/social studies, science, and technical subjects are integrated into the K-5 Reading standards

Admiral? Right! Any day you want an education let me know. My kids are 11 and 12 hence I can take pics and quote from real common core books!

No Founding Fathers. They are now simply American Heros, to include Mrs. Adams (ignoring john adams) who did nothing but write a letter to her husband.

20171112_122222.jpg

You must call it Common Core. That is the name.
To date, not one thing in the World has been created or invented by a Common Core student/graduate.

Common Core dictates beliefs to the children. It can not be called school or education.

Try adding twice to subtract once and remember, we no longer have founding fathers.

Interesting. That mathematical procedure is not Common Core. That is the instructional curriculum that teaches you how to add.

Also, since Common Core did not have social studies standards, what would it have to do with the Founding Fathers?

Apparently, you know nothing about Common Core.
Technically speaking, you know nothing of common core.

The "instructional curriculum" as you call it is known as common core math by just about everyone in the USA. I spoke about subtracting, specifically how common core standards require children to add, subtract, and then add to get the answer to a simple two number subtraction problem.

Social Studies? Does American History now fall under social studies?

There are no common core social study nor history standards? You should learn and educate yourself before you post.

Yes, under common core standards there is no longer Founding Fathers, and you add twice to subtract.

www.corestandards.org/ELA-Literacy/RH/
The standards below begin at grade 6; standards for K-5 reading in history/social studies, science, and technical subjects are integrated into the K-5 Reading standards

Let me introduce myself. I am a middle school and high school math and social studies teacher. I have taught Common Core for the past 5 years.

In my high school math classes, we used Common Core Standards, but we did not use a curriculum aligned by a vendor to teach the topics. We designed our own processes in the schools. In fact, several of my colleagues taught one method, while I and others chose a completely different way. I have taught Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, and Pre-Calculus all using Common Core Standards in three different school districts.

There are no Common Core social studies standards. You are incorrect. Social studies standards currently being implemented by most states are the Next Generation Social Studies Standards, not Common Core.

Common Core consists of English Language Arts and Mathematics ONLY!

You also do not understand the difference in curriculum and standards, Curriculum is how you teach something. Standards are what you teach. Common Core is standards. Curriculums can be purchased that are aligned to the standards, but that is an individual school or district decision.

Now, as a twenty year teacher, having taught Common Core for several years, who is the resident expert on this topic?

Admiral? Right! Any day you want an education let me know. My kids are 11 and 12 hence I can take pics and quote from real common core books!

No Founding Fathers. They are now simply American Heros, to include Mrs. Adams (ignoring john adams) who did nothing but write a letter to her husband.

View attachment 164678

That is a Common Core curriculum that was purchased by your school district to teach language arts. That is not a social studies textbook. Look at the questions in the lower right hand corner. What does it tell them to do? Language arts.

The actual discussion of the Founding Fathers takes place in American History, usually taught in the 10th or 11th grade, with AP American History also usually being an option..

Admiral? Right! Any day you want an education let me know. My kids are 11 and 12 hence I can take pics and quote from real common core boo

View attachment 164678

That is a Common Core curriculum that was purchased by your school district to teach language arts. That is not a social studies textbook. Look at the questions in the lower right hand corner. What does it tell them to do? Language arts.

The actual discussion of the Founding Fathers takes place in American History, usually taught in the 10th or 11th grade, with AP American History also usually being an option..
Grow up, you are wrong. I said they dont teach kuds that we have founding fathers, you argued that I am wrong baded on there are no common core social study stabdards? Yet there are common core socual study standards as there is common core math.

You seem to defend common core and make a claim that is false based on your very narrow experience.

My statenents stand as fact, dance around all you wish. Common core is being taught and must be stopped, you even state you do not teach common core so what is your idiotic beef!

View attachment 164678

Oh, my bad, I am still wrong even if I take a picture. Hey you best call Common Core cause they got the wrong cover on what you are calling a language arts book. You should try adding twice before you think once.
20171112_121939.jpg

Admiral? Right! Any day you want an education let me know. My kids are 11 and 12 hence I can take pics and quote from real common core boo

View attachment 164678

Grow up, you are wrong. I said they dont teach kuds that we have founding fathers, you argued that I am wrong baded on there are no common core social study stabdards? Yet there are common core socual study standards as there is common core math.

You seem to defend common core and make a claim that is false based on your very narrow experience.

My statenents stand as fact, dance around all you wish. Common core is being taught and must be stopped, you even state you do not teach common core so what is your idiotic beef!

I did teach Common Core. Our state did away with Common Core at the end of 2015 by taking the same standards and giving them a new name. Hardly anything changed with the standards and nothing changed with how we taught it.

Here is wikipedia listing for Common Core State Standards initiative.
Common Core State Standards Initiative - Wikipedia

Pay close attention to the sections on Language Arts and Mathematics and you will note that is all there is! There are only two. No social studies and no science.

Here's some reading for you:
Myths vs. Facts | Common Core State Standards Initiative

Last edited:

View attachment 164678

Oh, my bad, I am still wrong even if I take a picture. Hey you best call Common Core cause they got the wrong cover on what you are calling a language arts book. You should try adding twice before you think once.View attachment 164680

Those are textbooks. Where are the Common Core Standards?

As I provided you a link. There are no social studies in Common Core. Check the link or google wikipedia.

As I provided you a link. There are no social studies in Common Core. Check the link or google wikipedia.
You are all over the board with your answers, first you state there are no social studies, yet I provided a pic from the book used in california and connecticut schools that disagrees with you.

Then, you must qualify and validate your answers by stating you are teacher, not a language arts teacher but a math teacher?

You stated there is no such thing as common core math?

Then you state you were free not to teach common core math and did not.

And now you state that you did teach common core math!

And then you link to wikipedia? Wikipedia is not a source, certainly not when I gave a link to thee common core standards website that contradicts everything you have said.

Like I have stated, thus far everything you have said about my comments have been wrong and all your stupidity is simple obfuscation. You seem to take issue and try to disprove what is fact and what is posted right from the textbooks while addressing everything but my comments.

No more Founding Fathers and they teach the kids that to subtract two numbers you must add twice and subtract once.

You are all over the board with your answers, first you state there are no social studies, yet I provided a pic from the book used in california and connecticut schools that disagrees with you.

Then, you must qualify and validate your answers by stating you are teacher, not a language arts teacher but a math teacher?You

You stated there is no such thing as common core math?

Then you state you were free not to teach common core math and did not.

And now you state that you did teach common core math!

And then you link to wikipedia? Wikipedia is not a source, certainly not when I gave a link to thee common core standards website that contradicts everything you have said.

Like I have stated, thus far everything you have said about my comments have been wrong and all your stupidity is simple obfuscation. You seem to take issue and try to disprove what is fact and what is posted right from the textbooks while addressing everything but my comments.

No more Founding Fathers and they teach the kids that to subtract two numbers you must add twice and subtract once.

I suggest you reread this thread. You are very confused because your preconceived ideas are simply wrong.

Two 'dark money' sites, didn't know Human Events was still around. I remember when they posted a book banning list which is consistent with their fascist ideology. Of course home schooling is important for idea control and contrary to American values of free speech. Something like Scientology in that the student's movement and education are controlled.

"Universal education is the most corroding and disintegrating poison that liberalism has ever invented for its own destruction." Adolf Hitler

Reading for the thoughtful given these times and great holiday gifts.

Invisible Hands: The Making of the Conservative Movement from the New Deal to Reagan by Kim Phillips-Fein
Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right by Jane Mayer
Strangers in Their Own Land: Anger and Mourning on the American Right by Arlie Russell Hochschild
The Destruction of Hillary Clinton by Susan Bordo
White Rage: The Unspoken Truth of Our Racial Divide by Carol Anderson
Homeschooling is contrary to free speech might be the best Orwellian concept ever

View attachment 164678

It is an abomination what the Liberal control of curriculum has done to standards.

1. The federally funded “National History Standards” for elementary schools were released in 1994, cemented a revisionist view of American Communism for schoolteachers, as the guide mentions McCarthy over twenty times, while Edison and the Wright Brothers got no mention. “It …repeatedly condemns McCarthyism as an unmitigated evil…[but] the Hiss-Chambers and Rosenberg cases, the two dominant controversies of the anticommunist era, are described with bland, neutral language crafted to keep from implying guilt while not being quite so foolhardy as to actually assert innocence..’National Standards’…implies that the cases are part and parcel of the McCartyite horror.”
From “In Denial,” by Haynes and Klehr, pg. 151

Bad public schools are a Democrat trademark.

1. Department of Education is, of course, unconstitutional. The Constitution clearly states that powers not granted to the federal government belong to the states. So where is the impetus for its creation? Unions. The National Education Association (NEA) “In 1972, the massive union formed a political action committee…released ‘Needed: A Cabinet Department of Education’ in 1975, but its most significant step was to endorse a presidential candidate- Jimmy Carter- for the first time in the history of the organization.” D.T. Stallngs, “A Brief History of the Department of Education: 1979-2002,” p. 3.
  2. When formed, its budget was $13.1 billion (in 2007 dollars) and it employed 450 people. In 2010, the estimated budget is $107 billion, and there are 4,800 employees. http://crunchycon.nationalreview.com/articles/229936/wanting-abolish-department-education-not-radical/mona
  3. “In November 1995, when the federal government shut down over a budget crisis, 89.4 percent of the department’s employees were deemed ‘nonessential’ and sent home.” Beck and Balfe, “Broke,” p.304

I suggest you reread this thread. You are very confused because your preconceived ideas are simply wrong.
Funny, I get it, you are the troll. It is great to see that you project onto me everything that is wrong with you. It is not a preconceived idea when I post pictures from the common core textbooks. You make the claim that you are a teacher. That makes you part of the problem.

Troll on mr fake admiral/poor teacher, troll on.

Funny, I get it, you are the troll. It is great to see that you project onto me everything that is wrong with you. It is not a preconceived idea when I post pictures from the common core textbooks. You make the claim that you are a teacher. That makes you part of the problem.

They are NOT Common Core textbooks. Where on the cover of those books did your photo show that they were Common Core?

20171112_121939-jpg.164680

I also provided you with a link that definitively shows that Common Core only consists of mathematics and English Language Arts. Don't believe my source? Google it yourself.

I taught Common Core STANDARDS, but I did not use a curriculum that was aligned with the Common Core standards like your elementary schools have apparently done. There simply is no Common Core curriculum as many people have been misled to believe.

You call me a troll yet I have 20 years teaching experience and can run circles around you on this topic.

You simply do not want to accept the truth. I am sorry for shattering your misconceptions, but the truth is the truth.

They are NOT Common Core textbooks. Where on the cover of those books did your photo show that they were Common Core?

20171112_121939-jpg.164680

I also provided you with a link that definitively shows that Common Core only consists of mathematics and English Language Arts. Don't believe my source? Google it yourself.

I taught Common Core STANDARDS, but I did not use a curriculum that was aligned with the Common Core standards like your elementary schools have apparently done. There simply is no Common Core curriculum as many people have been misled to believe.

You call me a troll yet I have 20 years teaching experience and can run circles around you on this topic.

You simply do not want to accept the truth. I am sorry for shattering your misconceptions, but the truth is the truth.
Liar, idiot, troll.

Forum List

Back