Battle for equality: School board cancels Black history courses, ignites outrage

Let’s just have history class. Part of that is slavery and Jim Crow. It was taught when I was in high school, almost 50 years ago, and we can still do it that way.

Let’s just have history class. Part of that is slavery and Jim Crow. It was taught when I was in high school, almost 50 years ago, and we can still do it that way.
There are different types of History
World History, Ancient History, State History, US History…..
But study the history of Blacks in this country …..cue conservative outrage

In teaching American History, the role of blacks has been overlooked.
The impact of slavery is glossed over
The economic contribution of blacks is ignored
Jim Crow and the battles of Civil Rights is glossed over.

But somehow, the Confederacy is honored
That's why democrats are getting rid of all these statues honoring Confederate Generals. Embarrassing.

CRT is not studying history. You haven't done your research.

There’s no other history for any other race.

The history of blacks in America can be covered in US History, like it’s always been. Waaaay too much focus on blacks this and blacks this. It’s divisive. Same with the Black National Anthem.

CRT is not studying history. You haven't done your research.
Precisely. The focus of a black history course will be to drive resentment to CURRENT whites - with the near goal to keep prioritizing blacks for jobs and promotions and the end goal to force whites to give their hard-earned money to blacks who were never slaves.

The libs want to start the indoctrination early.

There’s no other history for any other race.

The history of blacks in America can be covered in US History, like it’s always been. Waaaay too much focus on blacks this and blacks this. It’s divisive. Same with the Black National Anthem.

I have seen history classes on Native American History

Why does learning about the history and struggles of blacks in this country enrage Conservatives?

It might hurt the sensitive feelings of white students
White people did that?

Why does learning about the history and struggles of blacks in this country enrage Conservatives?

White people did that?
CRT isn't studying Black history.

CRT isn't studying Black history.

Conservatives have no idea what CRT is
They have created a strawman where they proclaim what CRT is and then ban it. It is then used as an excuse to ban all black studies

White people did that?
We learned about their struggles in a regular history class. We don’t have to have a special set-aside for blacks.

Why don’t we have a separate class for the history and struggle of Jews when we have World History Class?

We learned about their struggles in a regular history class. We don’t have to have a special set-aside for blacks.

Why don’t we have a separate class for the history and struggle of Jews when we have World History Class?

There are classes on the Holocaust

Our history is much more than just the struggles in America, we were taught a little about slavery, Crispus Attucks, a little bit about Harriet Tubman and the Underground Railroad and a little of the Civil War.

It shocks me that a Jewish woman would even say some of the stupid ass, racist shit that you spew. Tell me the history of Jewish folks in America, show me how you were treated worse in this country than black folks were.

America opened up everything to Jewish folks after the Holocaust to set up Israel, what did they do for the slaves when slavery ended? What did they do for black folks when Jim Crow ended? What did they do for black folks after WWII?

PS-I don't know what part of Africa my ancestors come from, because we were CUTOFF from that HISTORY.
I DO know what part of Denmark my ancestors are from (Copenhagen). What part of France/Italy my ancestors are from (Corsica), and what part of Mexico my ancestors are from (Villahermosa, Tabasco).

I didn't learn any of it in school. I learned it from my parents and grandparents.

Our history is much more than just the struggles in America, we were taught a little about slavery, Crispus Attucks, a little bit about Harriet Tubman and the Underground Railroad and a little of the Civil War.

It shocks me that a Jewish woman would even say some of the stupid ass, racist shit that you spew. Tell me the history of Jewish folks in America, show me how you were treated worse in this country than black folks were.

America opened up everything to Jewish folks after the Holocaust to set up Israel, what did they do for the slaves when slavery ended? What did they do for black folks when Jim Crow ended? What did they do for black folks after WWII?
Three Constitutional Amendments.

I DO know what part of Denmark my ancestors are from (Copenhagen). What part of France/Italy my ancestors are from (Corsica), and what part of Mexico my ancestors are from (Villahermosa, Tabasco).

I didn't learn any of it in school. I learned it from my parents and grandparents.
You know what country they are from and if you know that I am pretty sure you know which city in that country they are from, so go on somewhere else with that bullshit.

Our parents were cut off from that history, so how in the hell could they teach it to us.

Forum List

Back