Basic Health Program, as required by section 1331 of the Affordable Care Act.

R

rdean

DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES

ACTION: Proposed rule.

SUMMARY: This proposed rule would establish the Basic Health Program, as required by section 1331 of the Affordable Care Act. The Basic Health Program provides states the flexibility to establish a health benefits coverage program for low-income individuals who would otherwise be eligible to purchase coverage through the state’s Affordable Insurance Exchange (Exchange, also called a Health Insurance Marketplace). The Basic Health Program would complement and coordinate with enrollment in a QHP through the Exchange, as well as with enrollment in Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). This proposed rule sets forth a framework for Basic Health Program eligibility and enrollment, benefits, delivery of health care services, transfer of funds to participating states, and federal oversight. Additionally, this rule would amend other rules issued by the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services (Secretary) in order to clarify the applicability of those rules to the Basic Health
Program.

--------------

I figure if people are going to discuss it, they should read it first.

Jan 1 children will be able to be written on Exchange plans on a stand alone basis.
People who "can't afford" to purchase an "affordable" plan through the exchanges are those right on the edge of the subsidy bubble (never mind the law was SUPPOSED to make insurance affordable for EVERYONE).
They make too much to be on Medicaid and too little to buy the insurance...and a smidge too much to buy.
They will then qualify to purchase a High Deductible Plan with a $6350 deductible.....a max of TWO of those for a FAMILY in a calendar year....
Now...how will these families pay for a 12,700 dollar problem?

Jan 1 children will be able to be written on Exchange plans on a stand alone basis.
People who "can't afford" to purchase an "affordable" plan through the exchanges are those right on the edge of the subsidy bubble (never mind the law was SUPPOSED to make insurance affordable for EVERYONE).
They make too much to be on Medicaid and too little to buy the insurance...and a smidge too much to buy.
They will then qualify to purchase a High Deductible Plan with a $6350 deductible.....a max of TWO of those for a FAMILY in a calendar year....

Social Security and Medicare started off with problems it took years to correct. We can't just keep letting Americans in this country suffer. I know Republicans clearly don't have a problem with that, but for the rest of us, it's not an option.

Worse, emergency room treatment costs anywhere from 10 times to hundreds of times more than a visit to a clinic and even worse, most people only go to an emergency room when the problem has turned into an emergency.

Obama took a Republican plan authored by the Heritage Foundation hoping it was generate some Republican support. But as we know from the last election and Republicans screaming out "let him die" at a GOP presidential debate, that was only wishful thinking. When you have Cantor and other Republicans saying that disaster victims should pay to be rescued and the party cheering, then they have strayed way to far outside of mainstream America.

I'm not so sure, A LOT of glitches still and we are a week from go date.

Like I said, that's how Social Security and Medicare started.

The number one cause of bankruptcy is Medical Bills and 56 million Americans have financial problems over medical bills.

If Republicans really wanted to help this country, they would help create jobs. I'm talking here in this country. They have already helped China enough.

Which glitches do you think are glitchy(sic) enough to stop implementation?
You do understand your so called "go date" is the start buying thru exchanges date - right?

You do understand your so called "go date" is the start buying thru exchanges date - right?

As of today the exchanges aren't ready....they are gearing US up to handle the volume of calls that they are expecting...

The "go" date is the start of "Open Enrollment" the initial 6 month perod where the population is to "buy" their insurance.

Noboy said anything about anything "stopping" implementaion, please do try and read what is posted, not what you think being posted.

, AS REQUIRED?

there you have it folks, a government who HAS BECOME FASCIST...

you voted for it, ENJOY

, AS REQUIRED?

there you have it folks, a government who HAS BECOME FASCIST...

you voted for it, ENJOY

You compare health care to ovens in Germany.

Stef, every time I think you are only a stupid bitch, you drop a notch lower.

Social Security and Medicare started off with problems it took years to correct. We can't just keep letting Americans in this country suffer. I know Republicans clearly don't have a problem with that, but for the rest of us, it's not an option.

Worse, emergency room treatment costs anywhere from 10 times to hundreds of times more than a visit to a clinic and even worse, most people only go to an emergency room when the problem has turned into an emergency.

Obama took a Republican plan authored by the Heritage Foundation hoping it was generate some Republican support. But as we know from the last election and Republicans screaming out "let him die" at a GOP presidential debate, that was only wishful thinking. When you have Cantor and other Republicans saying that disaster victims should pay to be rescued and the party cheering, then they have strayed way to far outside of mainstream America.

I work for BCBS here...today I was fortunate enough to have a sit down with our CEO...it was amazing for me.

Your point is good, and it is one he echoed with a forcefulness and conviction that convinced me to open my mind for this.

As of today the exchanges aren't ready....they are gearing US up to handle the volume of calls that they are expecting...

The "go" date is the start of "Open Enrollment" the initial 6 month perod where the population is to "buy" their insurance.

Noboy said anything about anything "stopping" implementaion, please do try and read what is posted, not what you think being posted.

Jeez, feeling testy today?

Still wondering,"Which glitches do you think are glitchy(sic) enough to stop implementation?" And just so we don't get into some sort of semantical pissing contest - implementation of coverage begins January 1st.

Obamacare open enrollment: What you need to know - CNN.com
Open enrollment runs between October 1 and March 31. You don't have to sign up that first day. In fact, you may want to put off paying for it until December. Plans bought through the exchanges won't start until January 1.

Jeez, feeling testy today?

Still wondering,"Which glitches do you think are glitchy(sic) enough to stop implementation?" And just so we don't get into some sort of semantical pissing contest - implementation of coverage begins January 1st.

Obamacare open enrollment: What you need to know - CNN.com
Open enrollment runs between October 1 and March 31. You don't have to sign up that first day. In fact, you may want to put off paying for it until December. Plans bought through the exchanges won't start until January 1.

implementation of coverage begins January 1st

LOL, its what I do, try and tell me something I don't know?

In fact, you may want to put off paying for it until December

LOL.....They can sign up Tuesday and not pay until December, you need another source...CNN is simply not informed.

Ahem.

:laugh:

I saw the results of the latest KFF tracking poll and thought of you:
And as knowledge of the law's real contents has fallen, misinformation has lingered. More than half — 52 percent — of those surveyed in the Kaiser poll believe the healthcare law creates a new government-run insurance plan, which it does not.

Congrats, a slim majority of Americans are as clueless as you. If you really are an example of one of the stooges the commercials tapped to get the word out on how the ACA works, I suppose we don't have to wonder where their confusion comes from.

Ahem.

And as knowledge of the law's real contents has fallen, misinformation has lingered. More than half — 52 percent — of those surveyed in the Kaiser poll believe the healthcare law creates a new government-run insurance plan, which it does not.

Congrats, a slim majority of Americans are as clueless as you. If you really are an example of one of the stooges the commercials tapped to get the word out on how the ACA works, I suppose we don't have to wonder where their confusion comes from.

you are the stooge AND a subject, for Obama and his fascist government program...
do you get paid or do it for FREE

Ahem.

Poor Greenie, I'm on the inside now, and there is not one thing I've posted in this Section of the Website you can refute, nothing.

(smile) Oh yes and Greenie, the rates here are all within a small percentage of one another except for one Company...a Cooperative that used Fed start up money to get off the ground....they are already floundering and it hasn't even begun yet.

Forum List

Back