Baseball 2015 Thread

would be great if it were the pirates or at least get there.My Royals finally got there for the first time in 30 years.Now lets have it be the pirates,my favorite team in the NL.

If it somehow comes to their facing the Dodgers in the NL championship series, I promise you I'll be the biggest Pirate fan you've ever seen.

my ideal situation would be my favorite team in the national league the Cubs playing my second favorite team in the NL the pirates to go to the world series but that's not going to happen.

we all know as everyone else does around the country the cubs will be out of it by june with the season over by then. "sure they are much better on PAPER this year which is why a lot of people predict they will be a contender,but I got to see it before I believe it.because it looks good on paper doesn't always translate to wins." remember,they are playing in the toughest division in baseball unfortunately for them.sucks for me as well.

so realistically,that would be my best hope in the NL is the pirates face the dodgers in the championship series.like randy newman says-I love LA so I would not mind the dodgers winning myself.Not a dodger fan,just a fan of the city of LA is why I would be happy with them getting there as well.lol
Ignore, :lmao:

heres keeping these classic moments together in one post here.

ah the good old days when baseball was fun to watch.where you had players playing with one team their whole careers and classic ballparks and the team that won the division went on and the others stayed home before that asinine 3 way wild card playoff crap.

Last edited:
Ok in football, I am very knowledgeable. In baseball I am a blithering idiot. I am a Mariners supporter. We don't say "Mariners fans" in the northwest because fan means fanatic and the Mariners rarely give us something to be fanatic about. It looks like we have a good team this year though with a shot at the post-season. Here's hoping

Ok in football, I am very knowledgeable. In baseball I am a blithering idiot. I am a Mariners supporter. We don't say "Mariners fans" in the northwest because fan means fanatic and the Mariners rarely give us something to be fanatic about. It looks like we have a good team this year though with a shot at the post-season. Here's hoping

I like Seager at 3B. You've got Cano. Nelson Cruz was a big signing (hit 40 HRs last year). Outside of that, the lineup doesn't scare me.
Felix Hernandez is as good as it gets for an ace. I'm not sure what to expect from the rest of the staff. Too many unknowns.

ah the good old days when baseball was fun to watch.where you had players playing with one team their whole careers and classic ballparks and the team that won the division went on and the others stayed home before that asinine 3 way wild card playoff crap.

Those are classic George Brett videos. Bravo, 9/11, bravo!

Good chit. :beer:

Anyone have any input on Seth Smith for the Mariners? He looked great yesterday against the Angels but I am not sure if I should have high expectations or if that was just a freak occurrence.

Anyone have any input on Seth Smith for the Mariners? He looked great yesterday against the Angels but I am not sure if I should have high expectations or if that was just a freak occurrence.

I hesitate to have high expectations of the Mariners, however they can have some good players. I'm on a wait and see basis with Seth, I like him but...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hesitate to have high expectations of the Mariners, however they can have some good players. I'm on a wait and see basis with Seth, I like him but...

Well as I said before, I know very little of baseball.I like the Mariners, but they usually seem to disappoint. Their pitching looks great again but last year we needed bats. I don't know if we got them or not.

Some have projected the division title and even a World Series appearance, that would be sweet.

Some have projected the division title and even a World Series appearance, that would be sweet.

No shit huh? See this is a great time of year for Mariners fans because we actually have some hope. Usually that's gone by June so we have to enjoy it now, but maybe this is the year

No shit huh? See this is a great time of year for Mariners fans because we actually have some hope. Usually that's gone by June so we have to enjoy it now, but maybe this is the year

I'm a Mariner fan and a Cub fan, I'm happy to be in a race past April 30th.

I hope both teams meet in the World Series, lol! That would be a dream season.

You dont mind the wildcard if your team makes the playoofs because of it.

I loved George Brett. Why did he get so mad? He was cheating.

The A's radio broadcaster Ken Korach is a stickler for proper annunciation and he used to have to pause for a second between 'Seth' and 'Smith'. Try to quickly say "Seth Smith" ten times and it's like a tongue twister.

Seth Smith was a platoon player and a clutch pinch hitter for the A's, making $3 million. Now he's over-priced at $6 million, but still a decent player. Seattle doesn't seem to have any cash flow problems anyway.

No I still hate the wildcard.I will forever hate that asinine three way wild card thing.

While I was happy about the Royals going back to the world series and everything,I didnt get excited about it like I did in 1980 and 1985.Back then they EARNED the trip to be there finishing first.

If anything, I wish your Tigers had gone on to be in the world series last year over my Royals since they at least would have earned it the fact they finished in first.

In football and basketball,I dont mind the wildcard cause thats what I grew up with.Baseball though wasnt that way and i will forever hate that fucking wildcard.

Last year when the Royals went to the world series,all it did was put a smile on my face.I didnt go out and honk my horn to celebrate and go out partying like I did in 1980 when they made it to their first world series beating the yankees and when they won the world series in 85.

I didnt go the home opener this year like I did in 86 because the world series trip felt cheapened by the fact they backed into it.

Just like the red sox backed their way into their first world series victory as a wildcard,the royals did the same thing in getting to the world series and I could not get excited at all about them being in the world series last year.

I was glad to see them get there and everything,but it did not get me excited like it would have had they won the division and EARNED it as they did in 80 and 85.

I did not go out and buy any kind of Royals american league championship merchandice or anything like that.

I will wear Royals 1985 world series championship clothing and be proud of THAT this year,but i will NEVER wear anything that has anything to do with the Royals american league championship from last year.fuck 2014.

Now this year, if they win the division and finish first and make it there without going in as a wildcard,then and ONLY then will I ever get excited again about them going to the world series but not till then.

No I still hate the wildcard.I will forever hate that asinine three way wild card thing.

While I was happy about the Royals going back to the world series and everything,I didnt get excited about it like I did in 1980 and 1985.Back then they EARNED the trip to be there finishing first.

If anything, I wish your Tigers had gone on to be in the world series last year over my Royals since they at least would have earned it the fact they finished in first.

In football and basketball,I dont mind the wildcard cause thats what I grew up with.Baseball though wasnt that way and i will forever hate that fucking wildcard.

Last year when the Royals went to the world series,all it did was put a smile on my face.I didnt go out and honk my horn to celebrate and go out partying like I did in 1980 when they made it to their first world series beating the yankees and when they won the world series in 85.

I didnt go the home opener this year like I did in 86 because the world series trip felt cheapened by the fact they backed into it.

Just like the red sox backed their way into their first world series victory as a wildcard,the royals did the same thing in getting to the world series and I could not get excited at all about them being in the world series last year.

I was glad to see them get there and everything,but it did not get me excited like it would have had they won the division and EARNED it as they did in 80 and 85.

I did not go out and buy any kind of Royals american league championship merchandice or anything like that.

I will wear Royals 1985 world series championship clothing and be proud of THAT this year,but i will NEVER wear anything that has anything to do with the Royals american league championship from last year.fuck 2014.

Now this year, if they win the division and finish first and make it there without going in as a wildcard,then and ONLY then will I ever get excited again about them going to the world series but not till then.

If they made it to the world series that says they were right to add a couple wildcards. Sucks in baseball that some pretty damn good teams use to not make the playoff because of a couple of games. I'm glad they've included a couple more teams.

Football could use a few more teams in the playoffs. Basketball let's too many and hockeys just right.

If they made it to the world series that says they were right to add a couple wildcards. Sucks in baseball that some pretty damn good teams use to not make the playoff because of a couple of games. I'm glad they've included a couple more teams.

Football could use a few more teams in the playoffs. Basketball let's too many and hockeys just right.

Football use more teams in the playoffs? get serious.:wtf:

Unfortunately it looks like you are going to get your wish because that was one of the things they discussed at the NFL owners meetings this last week was expanding that this year.

the NFL is already a joke but its about to become and even bigger one with more teams added.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back