Barr to the rescue! Trump uses the DOJ to defend himself in rape defamation case.

This is truly unprecedented.

The Justice Department moved on Tuesday to replace President Trump’s private legal team with government lawyers to defend him against a defamation lawsuit by the author E. Jean Carroll, who has accused him of raping her in a Manhattan department store in the 1990s.

Though the law gives employees of the federal government immunity from most defamation lawsuits, legal experts said it has rarely, if ever, been used before to protect a president, especially for actions taken before he entered office.

“The question is,” said Steve Vladeck, a University of Texas law professor, “is it really within the scope of the law for government lawyers to defend someone accused of lying about a rape when he wasn’t even president yet?”

The motion also effectively protects Mr. Trump from any embarrassing disclosures in the middle of his campaign for re-election..

....Ms. Carroll’s lawyer said in a statement issued Tuesday evening that the Justice Department’s move to intervene in the case was a “shocking” attempt to bring the resources of the United States government to bear on a private legal matter.

This just shows how Trump is using the powers of the presidency for personal use. The DOJ now is truly Trump’s private law firm. Incredible. I mean here is the DOJ being blatantly used for political purposes. It is just another sign that the presidency under Trump is looking more Putinesque than Jeffersonian.

Ironically Trump’s action lend credibility to the lawsuit as he is doing everything in his power to cover up the rape and suppress evidence.
What rape?

This woman is a fake.
She's not even as convincing as the drunk they used against Kavanaugh.
If it is a fake why is he using the DOJ to defend himself. Looks like an admission to me.
I think bringing frivolous lawsuits against the president for political purposes shouldn't be let go. I think bringing charges against these people would end the practice. They can prove this woman committed perjury. They can prove she was paid by Democrats to make false accusations. Trump shouldn't have to pay for this crap.

You are a great fascist pig. She is suing for actions that were taken before Trump became President. They cannot prove she committed perjury. They cannot prove she is making false accusations.

The issue however is that the DOJ cannot act as Trump's personal lawyers. The court should not allow government lawyers to defend Trump.
No, bitch. The only reason she's suing Trump is because he's a Republican president. No other reason. She's trying to harass him for political reasons. The reason they can prove it is because of who she is (leftist journalist) and who she associates with on a regular basis. She's nothing more than a leftist asshole exhibiting malice toward a political opponent. She's a dyed-in-the-wool man-hater....a feminist.

The reason they couldn't take this woman's word for it is because when they interviewed her it was clear that she was nuts. She was showing signs of being delusional.

Carroll refuses to describe her sexual assault as being "raped", instead describing it as: "My word is fight. My word is not the victim word. ...I fought.”[33][34][35]
E. Jean Carroll - Wikipedia

This latest nonsense is just an attempt to pile onto Trump to prevent his re-election. She's like a female version of Joe Biden....making unfounded and unverifiable accusations. She claims that she's never had sex since she was allegedly raped by Trump. An event that according to her was too traumatic to mention to police for over 20 years. She can't even remember when exactly it happened, saying it was either in the Fall of 95' or the Summer of 96'.

Last edited:
Women are afraid to yell rape because of assfucks like you who blame them.
I do? when did I do that? I wasn't near the woman. So she was afraid of the police to report it? the store as well? you're confused, again, I wasn't there.
You do it now, you did it with Kavanaugh. You do it with every woman who said Trump assaulted them./

You, like Trump, believe woman are for raping & groping,. What a disgusting piece of shit you are.

The Justice Department moved on Tuesday to replace President Trump’s private legal team with government lawyers to defend him against a defamation lawsuit by the author E. Jean Carroll, who has accused him of raping her in a Manhattan department store in the 1990s.

Though the law gives employees of the federal government immunity from most defamation lawsuits, legal experts said it has rarely, if ever, been used before to protect a president, especially for actions taken before he entered office.

“The question is,” said Steve Vladeck, a University of Texas law professor, “is it really within the scope of the law for government lawyers to defend someone accused of lying about a rape when he wasn’t even president yet?”

The motion also effectively protects Mr. Trump from any embarrassing disclosures in the middle of his campaign for re-election..

....Ms. Carroll’s lawyer said in a statement issued Tuesday evening that the Justice Department’s move to intervene in the case was a “shocking” attempt to bring the resources of the United States government to bear on a private legal matter.

This just shows how Trump is using the powers of the presidency for personal use. The DOJ now is truly Trump’s private law firm. Incredible. I mean here is the DOJ being blatantly used for political purposes. It is just another sign that the presidency under Trump is looking more Putinesque than Jeffersonian.

Ironically Trump’s action lend credibility to the lawsuit as he is doing everything in his power to cover up the rape and suppress evidence.
What rape?

This woman is a fake.

Funny how Trump loving assholes call a renowned professor a drunk in a case involving a guy who was a sloppy drunk while in college.

Funny how all these women accusing Trump are fake.

But why are taxpayers covering his legal fees when there is nothing here that involves his office>

Why do you assdsfucks think this is OK?

Kinda funny she waited 20 years to pursue the case. Just makes it look like what it is. Some harpy looking for her 15 minutes of fame.

If it was rape then she should have reported it 20 years ago. Anyone who believes this story is dumber than a box of rocks.

Reminds me of that Ford/Kavanaugh crap.

What rape?

This woman is a fake.
If it is a fake why is he using the DOJ to defend himself. Looks like an admission to me.
I think bringing frivolous lawsuits against the president for political purposes shouldn't be let go. I think bringing charges against these people would end the practice. They can prove this woman committed perjury. They can prove she was paid by Democrats to make false accusations. Trump shouldn't have to pay for this crap.

You are a great fascist pig. She is suing for actions that were taken before Trump became President. They cannot prove she committed perjury. They cannot prove she is making false accusations.

The issue however is that the DOJ cannot act as Trump's personal lawyers. The court should not allow government lawyers to defend Trump.
No, bitch. The only reason she's suing Trump is because he's a Republican president. No other reason. She's trying to harass him for political reasons. The reason they can prove it is because of who she is (leftist journalist) and who she associates with on a regular basis. She's nothing more than a leftist asshole exhibiting malice toward a political opponent. She's a dyed-in-the-wool man-hater....a feminist.

The reason they couldn't take this woman's word for it is because when they interviewed her it was clear that she was nuts. She was showing signs of being delusional.

Carroll refuses to describe her sexual assault as being "raped", instead describing it as: "My word is fight. My word is not the victim word. ...I fought.”[33][34][35]
E. Jean Carroll - Wikipedia

This latest nonsense is just an attempt to pile onto Trump to prevent his re-election. She's like a female version of Joe Biden....making unfounded and unverifiable accusations. She claims that she's never had sex since she was allegedly raped by Trump. An event that according to her was too traumatic to mention to police for over 20 years. She can't even remember when exactly it happened, saying it was either in the Fall of 95' or the Summer of 96'.
No asshole. She is suing because what Trump said about her.

You God damn Trump dick suckers are so fucking stupid that I am shocked you remember to breathe.

What rape?

This woman is a fake.

Funny how Trump loving assholes call a renowned professor a drunk in a case involving a guy who was a sloppy drunk while in college.

Funny how all these women accusing Trump are fake.

But why are taxpayers covering his legal fees when there is nothing here that involves his office>

Why do you assdsfucks think this is OK?

Kinda funny she waited 20 years to pursue the case. Just makes it look like what it is. Some harpy looking for her 15 minutes of fame.

If it was rape then she should have reported it 20 years ago. Anyone who believes this story is dumber than a box of rocks.

Reminds me of that Ford/Kavanaugh crap.

It certainly does, Republicans defending another rapist. Especially Republican women.

making unfounded and unverifiable accusations
She’s requesting a DNA sample to test against a certain stained dress.

Trump has been fighting like hell to prevent her from getting it and has failed at all turns so far. Seems he’s using his last ditch effort.

I think most of all of you miss the point.

Trump has the DoJ claiming in court that Trump’s comments about Carroll was a part of his official duties as president. The DoJ under Trump is absolutely insane.

Trump is a RAPIST - AGAIN! Amy Dorris accuses!
Former model Amy Dorris says Donald Trump sexually assaulted her
Trump faces allegations of sexual misconduct from more than 20 women.
How many more? How many more will Americans put up with? What will it take for dumb Trump supporters to say enough is enough. When Trump rapes your daughter? Your wife? Your mother? Pussy grabbing Trump is a rapist, is that really so hard to believe? No.

Wasn't Biden accused of rape?? Seems to me I remember seeing that on the board. Wonder why the lefty loons aren't screaming about that??
What is happening in this case is where Trump is trying to use sovereign immunity to protect his personal behavior.

Actually what is happening now is delay.

trump has been told that this will be thrown out of court. He knows that. What trump is doing is delaying this until after the election.

If this case had continued in state civil court where it belongs, it was at the point where truths about trump would come out and would be at trial stage soon.

That's not good during an election. So he got barr to delay it until after the election.

It will be thrown out of federal court and taken back to state civil court after the election.

What rape?

This woman is a fake.

The last time we had a case like this was Clinton...did the DoJ handle it then?

Nope.

The precedence was set in the Clinton years. trump and his people know this. This isn't to get the federal government to throw this case out.

This is to delay the case until after the election.

Forum List

Back