Barney Frank -- The Media & The Housing Bubble

Discussion in 'Media' started by Dante, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    First question: Who was in power in the US House of Representatives during the housing bubble? Let us pick the years of, say---1995-2007. :eusa_whistle:

Second question: Who touted the "Ownership society" as a solution for American families?

Third Question: Who is Bob Bennett and what does he have to do with Freddie and Fannie?

---

If you listen to, watch, read, follow media you know there is much talk about the housing bubble and who is to blame. We even have a few --ahem-- experts here who lay blame.

The media reports spin on this and part of the media has even invented spin on this.

Can you answer the three question without using a search engine or asking others?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  2. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    Obama “underestimates the importance of confronting ideological differences,” Barney Frank says.

Read more: Barney Frank gets some real power : The New Yorker

I don't expect certain people here to bother to follow the links and read anything. I know for many it's all about hysteria, attacks and gotcha. Not too many smaht people here. There are some, maybe more than some other sites, but let's face it---trolls and those lacking critical thinking skill sets rule the internet(s).

I do hope some people who are looking for a truthful examination will see that the links I provided are from different sites with differing outlooks.

The right wing media has sung the song too long (Barney Frank single-handedly caused the housing bubble), and there are those who will be stuck on stupid here---but there are facts and leads to follow that throw that spin and invention into the toilet where it belongs.

links: clubforgrowth.org - newsweek.com - businessinsider.com - newyorker.com - mediamatters.org - bennett.senate.gov/public/ :eusa_whistle:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  3. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,889
    More like whack-a-mole...
    :eusa_eh:
    Housing Bubble Bursts, But Not Everywhere
    March 26, 2011 — Back in the heady days of housing bubble excess, stubborn renters who refused to buy until prices dropped had to face down certified experts who insisted, “15% annual gains in housing costs are economically sustainable, not bubbly at all. Buy now or be priced out forever!”