Barges Stranded as Mississippi River water levels reach Critical Low

Natural climate variations. Apparently you believe there are none and have never been any.
What do you mean by "natural climate variations"? Do you believe the Earth's climate changes spontaneously?

What do you mean by "natural climate variations"? Do you believe the Earth's climate changes spontaneously?
Are natural climate variations, variations that do or do not matter to nature? And how does nature communicate its interested regard of those issues?

Last edited:
How can you not know what I am talking about?

This is why discussing anything with you is a waste of time. You don't understand that there are natural variations in climate and weather patterns. You think everything has to be the same unless CO2 changes it. You're a fucking idiot.

How can you not know what I am talking about?
Because you've just been making it all up from an imagination completely devoid of any pertinent knowledge, you lying piece of shit.
This is why discussing anything with you is a waste of time. You don't understand that there are natural variations in climate and weather patterns. You think everything has to be the same unless CO2 changes it. You're a fucking idiot.
What I think is that you don't have the faintest idea how to actually address the simplest questions regarding your idiotic, nonsensical ideas. You claim the Mississippi is low due to "natural climate variations". I ask you to explain what you mean but all we get is flung monkey shit, you lying piece of shit.

Because you've just been making it all up from an imagination completely devoid of any pertinent knowledge, you lying piece of shit.

What I think is that you don't have the faintest idea how to actually address the simplest questions regarding your idiotic, nonsensical ideas. You claim the Mississippi is low due to "natural climate variations". I ask you to explain what you mean but all we get is flung monkey shit, you lying piece of shit.
Climate fluctuations and environmental uncertainty are hallmarks of our uniquely configured bipolar glaciated world.

Climate fluctuations and environmental uncertainty are hallmarks of our uniquely configured bipolar glaciated world.
Why should I believe anything from a lying piece of shit like you? Particularly when its as stupid as that piece of shit claim. FuckingA dude, do you realize that every planet in the whole fucking universe is "BIPOLAR"? Jesus what a fucking STUPID lying piece of shit.

Why should I believe anything from a lying piece of shit like you? Particularly when its as stupid as that piece of shit claim. FuckingA dude, do you realize that every planet in the whole fucking universe is "BIPOLAR"? Jesus what a fucking STUPID lying piece of shit.
It's not from me, dummy. It's from the geologic record. Why don't you already know this?

You lying piece of shit.
transition to icehouse.png

Where is the explanation as to how YOUR stupid fucking idea produces the periodic behavior of the glacial cycle you stupid fucking lying piece of shit?
I've explained it to you about a half dozen times already.
  1. AMOC switches off.
  2. Northern hemisphere (NH) temperatures plunge.
  3. Glaciation spread across the NH increasing albedo.
  4. Increased albedo amplifies the effect.
  5. Eventually heat circulation is restored and the NH slowly warms back up to its pre-glacial temperature.

I've explained it to you about a half dozen times already.
  1. AMOC switches off.
  2. Northern hemisphere (NH) temperatures plunge.
  3. Glaciation spread across the NH increasing albedo.
  4. Increased albedo amplifies the effect.
  5. Eventually heat circulation is restored and the NH slowly warms back up to its pre-glacial temperature.
Eventually heat circulation is restored. You forgot to say "Abra Cadabra!!!"

Eventually heat circulation is restored. You forgot to say "Abra Cadabra!!!"
Salinity, density changes and wind pattern changes. It's hilarious to watch you argue against the ocean currents driving climate changes. The ocean is where the vast majority of heat is stored, dumb dumb.

More Heat, More Drought.
Reservoirs down too from overuse and drought.

Barges stranded as Mississippi River water levels reach Critical low​

Major shipping delays and backlog of vessels after region experiences lack of rainfall in recent weeks
10/14/2022

The water in the Mississippi River has dropped so low that barges are getting stuck, leading to expensive dredging and at least one recent traffic jam of more than 2,000 vessels backed up.

The Mississippi River Basin produces nearly all – 92% – of US agricultural exports, and 78% of the global exports of feed grains and soybeans. The recent drought has dropped water levels to alarmingly low levels that are causing shipping delays, and seeing the costs of alternative transport, such as rail, rise..."

[.........]

`
Hey, climate always changes.

No worries

Hey, climate always changes.

No worries
Yes, for the past three million years the planet has experienced long periods of frigid temperatures interrupted by brief intervals of warmer temperatures. That is a fact.

Yes, for the past three million years the planet has experienced long periods of frigid temperatures interrupted by brief intervals of warmer temperatures. That is a fact.
Hilarious

Dings

More Heat, More Drought.
Reservoirs down too from overuse and drought.

Barges stranded as Mississippi River water levels reach Critical low​

Major shipping delays and backlog of vessels after region experiences lack of rainfall in recent weeks
10/14/2022

The water in the Mississippi River has dropped so low that barges are getting stuck, leading to expensive dredging and at least one recent traffic jam of more than 2,000 vessels backed up.

The Mississippi River Basin produces nearly all – 92% – of US agricultural exports, and 78% of the global exports of feed grains and soybeans. The recent drought has dropped water levels to alarmingly low levels that are causing shipping delays, and seeing the costs of alternative transport, such as rail, rise..."

[.........]

`
You idiot. This is a typical El Nino climate year. It is dry and warm in the mid West, wet and cooler along the Golf Coast, including Florida and very wet up the Atlantic seacoast. Also, wet in California.

This comes off three years of El Nina, which is cooler water in the Pacific.

Forum List

Back