Barack Soetoro: "Let Detroit Go Broke!"

Are you saying the Federal Government should bail Detroit out?

Can anyone give me a good reason why the federal government should do such a thing especially when it is no more solvent than Detroit?

The city will survive one way or another. The idea that we should provide "stimulus", yes I mention that joke again, money to "save" it seems ludicrous to me.

Immie

Sure, what the hell, it's all play money at this point anyway....nobody is serious about "paying down the debt" so what's another $3B for Detroit? That's not even a very expensive weapons system....pay em off for winning WW2 by building the "arsenal for democracy"...my hometown. Plenty of dough out the suburbs, new baseball and football stadiums, soon a new hockey stadium....Tigers sent 6 guys to the All Star game this week....draw over 3M fans a year.....Greektown is hopping, more gentrifed downtown pockets of white folks, Motown will be back.....use the $3B to bulldoze the buildings the Black Panthers burned 46 years ago.....Hussein OWES Detroit. :doubt:

Like I said, "why?"

:)

Immie

Old folks on a city pension for one thing....ain't their fault what's happened...when I was young fella out in Livonia I went downtown all the time without any trouble...boxed at Kronk Gym...only white cat there most times. Most blacks are good folks and as afraid of the gangstas as anybody...it's their kids got to walk those streets.... Hell, Detroit is one of the oldest cities in Norte America....give em some dough for the geezers counting on that pension money. And new streetlights...and enough cops to patrol the bad neighborhoods. Detroit knows what happened better than any of you and won't let it happen again.

Call it a do-over. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
Sure, what the hell, it's all play money at this point anyway....nobody is serious about "paying down the debt" so what's another $3B for Detroit? That's not even a very expensive weapons system....pay em off for winning WW2 by building the "arsenal for democracy"...my hometown. Plenty of dough out the suburbs, new baseball and football stadiums, soon a new hockey stadium....Tigers sent 6 guys to the All Star game this week....draw over 3M fans a year.....Greektown is hopping, more gentrifed downtown pockets of white folks, Motown will be back.....use the $3B to bulldoze the buildings the Black Panthers burned 46 years ago.....Hussein OWES Detroit. :doubt:

Like I said, "why?"

Immie

Old folks on a city pension for one thing....ain't their fault what's happened...when I was young fella out in Livonia I went downtown all the time without any trouble...boxed at Kronk Gym...only white cat there most times. Most blacks are good folks and as afraid of the gangstas as anybody...it's their kids got to walk those streets.... Hell, Detroit is one of the oldest cities in Norte America....give em some dough for the geezers counting on that pension money. And new streetlights...and enough cops to patrol the bad neighborhoods. Detroit knows what happened better than any of you and won't let it happen again.

So the dems are handing the city over to conservatives?

Like I said, "why?"

Immie

So the dems are handing the city over to conservatives?

All Detroit needs is HONEST political leaders....old-school democrats fit that profile and yeah, there should be ropes (not strings) attached to any help they get to make life a little more bearable for those who can't run away to someplace else. There's thousands of good people in Detroit who'd love to have a JOB and the pride that comes with it. If the companies who've fled overseas would give the rustbelt another chance, everybody wins.

In the last three years 36 municipalities have gone bankrupt. During the obama era of failure.

Forum List

Back