Barack Obama is Winning

Aug 7, 2012
Barack Obama is Winning

The final evidence isn’t in yet, but there are strong indicators that Barack Obama received a real boost from the Democratic convention – bigger than the paltry bump Mitt Romney got out of his party’s gathering and potentially big enough to push Obama’s national lead to heights not seen since Romney emerged from the GOP primaries back in the spring.

Gallup’s daily trendline, which remained flat during and immediately after the Republican convention, has spiked in Obama’s favor over the last few days; as of Sunday afternoon, his lead was five points. He’s also pulled a few points ahead in Rasmussen’s daily poll, which has tended to be more Romney-friendly than other surveys, grabbed a four-point lead in a Reuters/Ipsos poll, and seen his job approval rating crack the 50 percent mark. A PPP poll released Sunday night also showed Obama hitting 50 percent in Ohio. Overall, the Real Clear Politics average, which had shown a dead even race as the Democratic convention opened, has Obama’s advantage climbing to 1.8 points – and possibly still growing

The presidential race is not, and has not been, a virtual tie – Obama is, and has been, winning. The RCP average tells the story well. When Rick Santorum suspended his campaign on April 10, it essentially ended the GOP nominating contest and certified Romney as the GOP nominee. In the days immediately following Santorum’s exit, the Obama-Romney race tightened, with Obama’s edge shrinking from about five points to about two. But Romney failed to overtake Obama, and in the four-and-a-half months that followed, Obama’s lead fluctuated between one and four points. Only in the immediate run-up to the GOP convention did Romney move into a genuine tie with Obama, but even the convention didn’t push him into the lead, and now the race seems to be returning to where it’s been all along.

Barack Obama is Winning

The final evidence isn’t in yet, but there are strong indicators that Barack Obama received a real boost from the Democratic convention – bigger than the paltry bump Mitt Romney got out of his party’s gathering and potentially big enough to push Obama’s national lead to heights not seen since Romney emerged from the GOP primaries back in the spring.

Gallup’s daily trendline, which remained flat during and immediately after the Republican convention, has spiked in Obama’s favor over the last few days; as of Sunday afternoon, his lead was five points. He’s also pulled a few points ahead in Rasmussen’s daily poll, which has tended to be more Romney-friendly than other surveys, grabbed a four-point lead in a Reuters/Ipsos poll, and seen his job approval rating crack the 50 percent mark. A PPP poll released Sunday night also showed Obama hitting 50 percent in Ohio. Overall, the Real Clear Politics average, which had shown a dead even race as the Democratic convention opened, has Obama’s advantage climbing to 1.8 points – and possibly still growing

The presidential race is not, and has not been, a virtual tie – Obama is, and has been, winning. The RCP average tells the story well. When Rick Santorum suspended his campaign on April 10, it essentially ended the GOP nominating contest and certified Romney as the GOP nominee. In the days immediately following Santorum’s exit, the Obama-Romney race tightened, with Obama’s edge shrinking from about five points to about two. But Romney failed to overtake Obama, and in the four-and-a-half months that followed, Obama’s lead fluctuated between one and four points. Only in the immediate run-up to the GOP convention did Romney move into a genuine tie with Obama, but even the convention didn’t push him into the lead, and now the race seems to be returning to where it’s been all along.

Winning on September 10th in a presidential election gets you, well nothing.

Barack Obama is Winning

Yes, he did get a big bounce, and he is in a much better position than Romney. That does not mean that things can't change. If things tighten up again, I would be very concerned because Republicans have a better record of actually going to the polls to vote. If Obama only has a 1% or 2% lead in the polls, it only turns into votes if everyone actually shows up to vote.

On a good note, my girlfriend switched from Romney to Obama after the convention. Despite the fact that most people are already locked in and there is only a small percentage of undecideds, I do think there are enough soft votes on both sides that still may choose to change sides.

plenty of politicking left till Nov. 6th but what new is there the Republicans have not already pulled out of their Hat .... the clock is beginning to run out for Romney.

the Republicans may need to shore up the other races - like their grip on the House.

Barack Obama is Winning

Yes, he did get a big bounce, and he is in a much better position than Romney. That does not mean that things can't change. If things tighten up again, I would be very concerned because Republicans have a better record of actually going to the polls to vote. If Obama only has a 1% or 2% lead in the polls, it only turns into votes if everyone actually shows up to vote.

On a good note, my girlfriend switched from Romney to Obama after the convention. Despite the fact that most people are already locked in and there is only a small percentage of undecideds, I do think there are enough soft votes on both sides that still may choose to change sides.

So you're saying your girlfriend need only words instead of substance? Propaganda as opposed to the facts of the failed Obama policies? Wow.. you must be so proud! LOL

obama is already back to the same position he was before the election.

Minds are made up right now. What will happen is that those minds that are made up now, might change them during the debates.

Lets all hope that Gary Johnson does well. The country needs to see what a conservative even looks like.

There will most likely be 2 SCOTUS appointments in this next term which will fundamentally, fiscally, and socially change America for decades. I hope your wasted vote and foolishness are worth the price we will pay. Gary Johnson doesn't stand a chance of doing anything other than making Uncle Goofy's supporters feel like they were vindicated for some stupid reason. Fools.

Winning on September 10th in a presidential election gets you, well nothing.

Yep.

Thought Romney is going to have to start moving the needle soon. We are currently less than 2 months out and the electoral math is pretty bad right now. For fun and games, run over to 270towin.com. They have an election simulator. Right now, it's showing about an 85% chance Obama will win. That seems to be what a lot of the other electoral college indicators are showing too.

A lot can happen in 2 months or so, and if Romney expects to win, it better happen.

The only thing I can say for certain about the fall election is this: I expect it will be very very close. Like Obama 270, Romney 268.

I'm surprised a democrat election simulator doesn't have obama winning at 100%.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Lets all hope that Gary Johnson does well. The country needs to see what a conservative even looks like.

There will most likely be 2 SCOTUS appointments in this next term which will fundamentally, fiscally, and socially change America for decades. I hope your wasted vote and foolishness are worth the price we will pay. Gary Johnson doesn't stand a chance of doing anything other than making Uncle Goofy's supporters feel like they were vindicated for some stupid reason. Fools.

Shame on you for telling anyone how they should vote. What you just said to me is about one of the most anti American ideals this country has started to hold close. If I vote for someone I like, that I feel represents me then I have done my job as a citizen. If I let someone guilt me into voting for someone I feel in near no way represents me then I have failed our Republic.

If you feel Mitt is your best choice due to who he MIGHT appoint to the SC then feel free to vote for him. I feel GJ and many others are far more likely to pick a SC justice I would agree with than a man (Mitt) who has a vastly Progressive liberal voting record and has called himself just that, a progressive.

And for the record, stop being a cry baby. If Mitt does not win it's because he was a poor candidate. Next time elect a conservative to run.

Last edited:
The election was decided already. Obama will win. The rest is a giant pony show for those who actually think their vote counts.

Barack Obama is Winning

ROFLMAO no you and lots of Americans are falling for the Media Push we all told you would happen. This has been predicted for some time now, it's the final Weeks, and the Liberal Media is skewing polls to try and suppress GOP turn out.

Don't fall for it.

I'm surprised a democrat election simulator doesn't have obama winning at 100%.

What makes using Math "democratic"? The fact it isn't giving a result you like?

Right now the polling data is indicating a narrow electoral college win for Obama. Those are the facts. It's still about 2 months out, but time is starting to run out.

The other fact the GOP has to deal with is that the Electoral math for Romney is kinda grim. Obama really only needs New Hampshire, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Florida to win. Of those 4 only Florida is anywhere close to tied.

Obama can still win if he loses Florida, all he has to do is pick up Ohio and Virginia. Of those only Virginia is really close right now.

A Romney victory isn't impossible right now, but something has to change soon for Romney is he's going to win.

Like I said, the only certain thing I see is that the election won't be a landslide. If it were to be a landslide, I'd be expecting one of the two candidates to be doing much much better than they currently are in the polling data. Obama is doing well enough to win, and that's about it. Romney is doing well enough to come back and win. Neither is poised for a landslide.

EDIT: If it's any consolation, the data is also showing that the Senate will likely be Republican, and probably the House. The only way I see the Democrats holding on to the Senate will be if GOP control comes down to Akin's election in Missouri.

Last edited:

Shame on you for telling anyone how they should vote. What you just said to me is about one of the most anti American ideals this country has started to hold close. If I vote for someone I like, that I feel represents me then I have done my job as a citizen. If I let someone guilt me into voting for someone I feel in near no way represents me then I have failed our Republic.

If you feel Mitt is your best choice due to who he MIGHT appoint to the SC then feel free to vote for him. I feel GJ and many others are far more likely to pick a SC justice I would agree with than a man (Mitt) who has a vastly Progressive liberal voting record and has called himself just that, a progressive.

Get it right and learn to comprehend what you read. I called you a FOOL.. I didn't tell you how to vote.. that would be useless. I noted the sheer idiocy and illogical irrelevance that Uncle Goofy supporters foam in their desire to vote their anger and bitterness. The consequences lie SQUARELY on those as foolish as yourself and of course the liberal Zombies.. I don't see much difference in either of you.

Liberal media outlets are sure making it appear as if he is winning but his record says he's a clear loser

He's getting the benefit of a weak opponent. That's what happened to Bush and Clinton too. Not many career politicians will run against a sitting President, and those that do often aren't that great.

If a stronger candidate than Romney were running, I think Obama would be losing.

Right now the polling data is indicating a narrow electoral college win for Obama. Those are the facts. It's still about 2 months out, but time is starting to run out.

Thanks for showing us all how Ignorant you are about how our Elections work. Time is not running out, we are just now getting into the Time that Actually Matters, we have not even had a Debate yet.

Forum List

Back