Barack Obama Is Rick Perry’s New Best Friend

How many billions has the federal government leeched out of Texas? Give Texas all the stolen money back and they will take care of it themselves.

BLOCKED funding for Sandy relief.

That's what they did.

So let me get this straight - because a few politicans voted against a bill, on grounds that it was full of pork, it's fair to have a vendetta against the entire state?

The relief bill for Texas is full of pork

As a NJ resident I insist that this bill be rejected. Why should we lift a finger to help Texas?

There is no relief bill for Texas, you hack.

Again, because a few politicians didn't vote for vote for a bill you wanted them to vote for you feel justified in punishing an entire state?

So let me get this straight - because a few politicans voted against a bill, on grounds that it was full of pork, it's fair to have a vendetta against the entire state?

The relief bill for Texas is full of pork

As a NJ resident I insist that this bill be rejected. Why should we lift a finger to help Texas?

There is no relief bill for Texas, you hack.

Again, because a few politicians didn't vote for vote for a bill you wanted them to vote for you feel justified in punishing an entire state?

I am a taxpayer and I don't want my tax dollars wasted on a pork laden supposed relief bill that Texas will just waste anyway

And no relief until Sequester is over

Sandy relief should not have included money for salmon fisheries in Alaska, that would have helped pass it.

At least $17 billion in the bill was targeted towards emergency spending to assist victims of the Oct. 29 super storm that struck the East Coast and killed 140 people. The House added another $33 billion in unrelated spending that includes $10 million for FBI salaries, $2 billion for road construction across the country, as well as funding for the Head Start program, and roof repairs at the Smithsonian.

House Republicans were successful in cutting some pork, including $500 million for weather forecasting and to help create an ocean zoning plan, one of Obama’s pet projects.

$50B for Sandy relief plus pork clears final hurdle - Conservative News

In a remarkable turn of events, everyone got the pork and there is still no relief for Sandy victims.

So the sandy wimps got their money. Why are they whining for more ? And billions went to to fat rich white folks, dont you libbs hate those types ?

Exactly why Texas doesn't deserve any relief money. It will be wasted on pork for Texas fat cats

"Texas" dont deserve nothing. Personally, I think Texas should take a hard look at who owned the plant, and why it exploded, and make sure those who were injured are taken care of, and the owners punished. I feel the same about the Sandy people. They built stupidly. Dont they have insurance, and if so, what were they paying for ? They were entitled to nothing from the government and shout have been told to talk to their insurance companies. Same for those in Texas. They should not even be talking about federal money.

Sandy relief should not have included money for salmon fisheries in Alaska, that would have helped pass it.

At least $17 billion in the bill was targeted towards emergency spending to assist victims of the Oct. 29 super storm that struck the East Coast and killed 140 people. The House added another $33 billion in unrelated spending that includes $10 million for FBI salaries, $2 billion for road construction across the country, as well as funding for the Head Start program, and roof repairs at the Smithsonian.

House Republicans were successful in cutting some pork, including $500 million for weather forecasting and to help create an ocean zoning plan, one of Obama’s pet projects.

In a remarkable turn of events, everyone got the pork and there is still no relief for Sandy victims.

The fertilizer factory is a private company and they and their insurance company should be responsible for all damage they cause

Texas does not deserve taxpayer welfare

So the sandy wimps got their money. Why are they whining for more ? And billions went to to fat rich white folks, dont you libbs hate those types ?

Exactly why Texas doesn't deserve any relief money. It will be wasted on pork for Texas fat cats

Shouldn't every state have a separate federal budget then?

States have their own budgets. If natural disasters are common, then they need to budget for them. Kind of like what normal people do. They also have building codes. They need to enforce those.

Given that Texas has taken the lead in ending wasteful disaster relief, they should be first in line to decline it

The fertilizer factory is a private company and they and their insurance company should be responsible for all damage they cause

Yup. I had heard that this place had past safety violations. If this is the case, then in my mind they are 100% at fault and should have to pay.

Given that Texas has taken the lead in ending wasteful disaster relief, they should be first in line to decline it

After Ike, many never got the chance because they never got any relief. To this day, over Texas City, LaMarque, Dickinson, Parts of League City, Seabrook, Bay Cliff, San Leon, Kemah still have rotting blue tarps for roofing, and many houses are just nasty box's of mold. Rich fucks got federal money, and the welfare state of Galveston got millions of disaster money wasted on it, but as a whole, your average guy did not get shit.

I guess Rick is glad he didn't secede. :razz:

Now That He Needs Disaster Relief, Barack Obama Is Rick Perry's New Best Friend

Now that he needs disaster relief after the fertilizer plant explosion in West, TX, Gov. Rick Perry is full of praise for, and thanks to President Obama.

During his press conference on the situation in West, Perry said, “President Obama called from Air Force One as he was en route to Boston,” Perry said. “We greatly appreciate his call, and his gracious offer of support, of course, and the quick turnaround of the emergency declaration that will be forthcoming, and his offer of prayers.”

Now that Perry needs something, President Obama isn’t such a bad guy.

It’s almost like Perry wants us to forget his 2011 presidential campaign ad where he accused the president of waging a war on religion.

Fast forward to 2013, and Perry thanked Obama for his prayers. So much for that Obama war on religion. I guess that means that when a Republican needs immediate help from the federal government, President Obama gets to be a Christian. Gov. Perry has also accused President Obama of allowing a “jailbreak of illegal immigrants,” and said Obama disgusted him on gun control.
<more>

As a New Jersey resident I object to using MY tax dollars to help Texas

What did Texas ever do to NJ, retard?

You should try to keep up before calling someone a retard.

This is a Win - Win situation for Gov. Perry

Pres. Obama gives Texas aid.....Gov. Perry is a hero.

Pres. Obama denies aid.....just shows Obama is a racist and hates the conservative south.

He's not going to deny aid.

That's definitely not how the man rolls. :cool:

Bullshit, during the aftermath of the Bastrop Co fire he dragged his feet sending federal aid. By the time it arrived the fire was out, and local/state gov had things under control.

A whole bunch of money for relief was promised, and suddenly dried up right after the election.

Your moonbat messiah as not much more than a vindictive 16 year old bitch.

Just like most of his acolytes.

Yup. I had heard that this place had past safety violations. If this is the case, then in my mind they are 100% at fault and should have to pay.

A lesson learned for Texas about deregulation and cutbacks on state safety inspections

Then they expect the American taxpayer to bail them out for their lax policies

What ever happened to personal responsibility Texas?

Forum List

Back