Barack Obama Is Rick Perry’s New Best Friend

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
I guess Rick is glad he didn't secede. :razz:

Now That He Needs Disaster Relief, Barack Obama Is Rick Perry's New Best Friend

Now that he needs disaster relief after the fertilizer plant explosion in West, TX, Gov. Rick Perry is full of praise for, and thanks to President Obama.

During his press conference on the situation in West, Perry said, “President Obama called from Air Force One as he was en route to Boston,” Perry said. “We greatly appreciate his call, and his gracious offer of support, of course, and the quick turnaround of the emergency declaration that will be forthcoming, and his offer of prayers.”

Now that Perry needs something, President Obama isn’t such a bad guy.

It’s almost like Perry wants us to forget his 2011 presidential campaign ad where he accused the president of waging a war on religion.

Fast forward to 2013, and Perry thanked Obama for his prayers. So much for that Obama war on religion. I guess that means that when a Republican needs immediate help from the federal government, President Obama gets to be a Christian. Gov. Perry has also accused President Obama of allowing a “jailbreak of illegal immigrants,” and said Obama disgusted him on gun control.
<more>

This is a Win - Win situation for Gov. Perry

Pres. Obama gives Texas aid.....Gov. Perry is a hero.

Pres. Obama denies aid.....just shows Obama is a racist and hates the conservative south.

Last edited:

Pres. Obama denies aid.....just shows Obama is a racist and hates the conservative south.

He's not going to deny aid.

That's definitely not how the man rolls. :cool:

He's not going to deny aid.

That's definitely not how the man rolls. :cool:

It wouldn't be the first time if he did.

It's a win win for government, too.

When Federal government comes to Texas' aid, the whole anti-government, states' rights, we don't need to central government POV looks weak.(because, let's face it, it always has been weak)

Now that he needs disaster relief after the fertilizer plant explosion in West, TX, Gov. Rick Perry is full of praise for, and thanks to President Obama.

During his press conference on the situation in West, Perry said, “President Obama called from Air Force One as he was en route to Boston,” Perry said. “We greatly appreciate his call, and his gracious offer of support, of course, and the quick turnaround of the emergency declaration that will be forthcoming, and his offer of prayers.”

It’s almost like Perry wants us to forget his 2011 presidential campaign ad where he accused the president of waging a war on religion.

Fast forward to 2013, and Perry thanked Obama for his prayers. So much for that Obama war on religion. I guess that means that when a Republican needs immediate help from the federal government, President Obama gets to be a Christian. Gov. Perry has also accused President Obama of allowing a “jailbreak of illegal immigrants,” and said Obama disgusted him on gun control.
<more>

As a New Jersey resident I object to using MY tax dollars to help Texas

<more>

What did Texas ever do to NJ, retard?

<more>

BLOCKED funding for Sandy relief.

That's what they did.

Last edited:

<more>

There's nothing liberals love more than watching Americans grovel for what they are entitled to.

BLOCKED funding for Sandy relief.

That's what they did.

So let me get this straight - because a few politicans voted against a bill, on grounds that it was full of pork, it's fair to have a vendetta against the entire state?

The relief bill for Texas is full of pork

As a NJ resident I insist that this bill be rejected. Why should we lift a finger to help Texas?

It's like me beating up some kid for his lunch money and then him becoming my best friend because he needs to eat lunch.

Forum List

Back