Barack Obama hints at tax rises after US debt bill goes through Senate

The house will insist on now new taxes. Obama and the senate will insist on no entitlement cuts. Bottom line, neither will happen. The Bush tax cuts will be extended if for no other reason than the following..

‪Obama: "The LAST THING We Want to Do Is Raise Taxes During a Recession"‬‏ - YouTube

After the news reporting that he is going to push for a cut in corporate tax. (LIP SERVICE)

TAX INCREASES WILL BE HIS NEXT.

Remember this president doesnt have a problem talking out of both sides of his ass.

No, he just a pathological liar.

The house will insist on now new taxes. Obama and the senate will insist on no entitlement cuts. Bottom line, neither will happen. The Bush tax cuts will be extended if for no other reason than the following..

‪Obama: "The LAST THING We Want to Do Is Raise Taxes During a Recession"‬‏ - YouTube

After the news reporting that he is going to push for a cut in corporate tax. (LIP SERVICE)

Remember this president doesnt have a problem talking out of both sides of his ass.

I don't know about that... but he is certainly a pathological buck passer...

Obama Reflects On Debt Fight: Didn't Need This "Manufactured Crisis" | RealClearPolitics
"In the last few months, the economy has had to absorb an earthquake in Japan, the economic head winds coming from Europe, the Arab Spring and the rise in oil prices, all of which have been very challenging for the recovery. But these are things we couldn't control. Our economy didn't need Washington to come along with a manufactured crisis to make things worse. That was in our hands. It's pretty likely that the uncertainty surrounding the raising of the debt ceiling for both businesses and consumers has been unsettling and just one more impediment to the full recovery that we need and it's something we could have avoided entirely. So, voters may have chosen divided government but they sure didn't vote for dysfunctional government. They want us to solve problems, they want us to get this economy growing and adding jobs," President Obama said in the Rose Garden Tuesday afternoon after the debt ceiling deal passed in the Senate.

Anyone who thinks Obama was including himself in the blame there is deluding themselves.

Barack Obama hints at tax rises after US debt bill goes through Senate | World news | The Guardian

US president refuses to rule out tax rises for wealthiest Americans as he prepares to sign debt limit bill into law

Good luck with that. May be a case of "too little, too late" as far as his party and supporters go.

Yeah, I hear you. I mean, it's not that I won't vote for him. Who else am I going to vote for? A Republican? Not if my life depended on it. Nader? Nope. I will vote for Obama, but I'm done being patient with his negotiating style. He should have invoked the 14th Amendment and told the Tea Party to sue him. That's my opinion. Better than giving in to hostage takers.

However, I really hope that Democrats have learned something here. First, negotiating with the Tea Party is pointless. Second, when Dems have the chance and have the right issue - like taxes - they should do what Republicans do - don't budge. Let Republicans shut the gov't down over tax cuts for the rich. Let the chips fall where they may. I believe that voters would be on the side of Democrats.

"A Republican? Not if my life depended on it. "

Assuminng that President Obama asks for your vote again....????

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Put it this way, anyone but a con or republican. ANYONE!!!

Every economist has stated that the deficit can’t be reduced by cuts alone. Anyone honest, non-partisan, and objective will agree with that – the ideologues and partisan hacks will not. And to modify the revenue process allowing the wealthy to pay their fair share is also completely appropriate. No one wants to see the budget balanced on the backs of the working class, elderly, and disabled while the wealthy contribute next to nothing, they benefit from government programs as well.
The president, who turns 50 tomorrow, faces a tough re-election fight next year. He needs not only to win back such disaffected Democrats, but also to get them out to campaign for him and vote in their droves, as they did in 2008.

As conservatives like to remind us, it’s more then a year before the general election. Just as the government funding deal late last year allowing the wealthy to keep their Bush tax cut was forgotten, so too will the debt ceiling deal be forgotten; particularly as the details of the compromise show core liberal programs and other interests remained mostly untouched.

Obama’s supporters will be energized once a GOP frontrunner emerges and the hateful rhetoric starts to fly in earnest by the right. Indeed, when the idiocy and extremism of the TMP and right in general are exposed to the Nation as a whole, moderates and independents will be very much turned-off by the partisan republican message.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD..........what a sucker.

Its fascinating that there are people out there that have it cemented in their head that the only way to increase revenues is to raise taxes when there are volumes of evidence to suggest otherwise.

These people are always and have always been motivated by one thing: fcukk the successful guy. The people who have made personal life decisions of epic fail HAVE to find somebody to blame for their fcukked up decisions.

Let Obama's base get energized = meh

He is just not as qualified as Con-pathological lairs like Bush was.

Hints my azz. It's a given. you iz late to his party moron.

It would be a given if Democrats still controlled it all. But raising taxes isn't just the decision of any President no matter how many hints he wants to drop. It must first be passed by both houses of Congress and I just don't see it getting through at least one of them and probably not through either of them with elections looming next year. Unless Democrats want to double down on their midterm losses and freshman Republicans want to face the wrath of their constituents after totally ignoring their own campaign platforms and promises that got them elected in the first place. Last I checked Congress didn't sign on to any tax hikes on the rich in spite of Democrats' nonstop lies insisting those who already pay the lion's share of all federal income taxes still aren't paying their "fair share". If only half are paying all the income taxes and the top 1% is paying 35% of all federal income taxes all by themselves - then exactly who isn't REALLY paying their fair share here? When half the population has nothing at stake in these kinds of debates and its not THEIR money at stake and its not THEIR money on the line -then sure, since they don't pay the tax in the first place, why would they object if those they parasite off aren't forced to open their veins even wider?

Obama still hasn't noticed what's been happening in several other countries after their parasitic citizens drained their golden goose dry? Of course he has -its why he urged Europe to join him and put their nations on the path to bankruptcy too with a similar out of control spending spree and tax increases to soak the wealthy even more than they already do. And its why they told him there was no way they were going to do that to THEIR countries and THEIR citizens. Considering the fact there is nonstop historic proof what results from these kinds of class warfare policies and unsustainable levels of spending money -after a while you have to accept the truth. Those are EXACTLY the results being sought by those peddling class warfare policies and unsustainable spending sprees. And if you doubt it -go read the leftwing's filthy bible Rules for Radicals by Saul Alinsky. He doesn't make any bones about it. And REMEMBER -Saul Alinksy is now recommended reading with teachers urged to push this FILTH on our kids in public schools as part of the critical indoctrination process that passes for "education". (Oh gee, and why do our kids stack up poorly against countries who spend a fraction of what we do on education? Maybe because they don't have money for political indoctrination and confine themselves to just TEACHING -wow what a novel concept.) The collapse of our system is absolutely NECESSARY for the left. It IS their goal, all their economic policies are directed to that ultimate goal. And they have a very specific reason for wanting that collapse.

If Democrats get their way by duping and lying to people again, insisting tax hikes intended to target only the wealthy can't possibly affect anyone but the rich -then we can soon start a new thread reminiscing about the good old days back when unemployment was "only" 9.2%. Been there, done that and foolishly hoped wouldn't be going through that again in my lifetime. But there is no accounting for the morons who feel the need to personally experience it themselves no matter how many times history has shown us exactly what the outcome will be. Every time.

It would be a given if Democrats still controlled it all. But raising taxes isn't just the decision of any President no matter how many hints he wants to drop. It must first be passed by both houses of Congress and I just don't see it getting through at least one of them and probably not through either of them with elections looming next year. Unless Democrats want to double down on their midterm losses and freshman Republicans want to face the wrath of their constituents after totally ignoring their own campaign platforms and promises that got them elected in the first place. Last I checked Congress didn't sign on to any tax hikes on the rich in spite of Democrats' nonstop lies insisting those who already pay the lion's share of all federal income taxes still aren't paying their "fair share". If only half are paying all the income taxes and the top 1% is paying 35% of all federal income taxes all by themselves - then exactly who isn't REALLY paying their fair share here? When half the population has nothing at stake in these kinds of debates and its not THEIR money at stake and its not THEIR money on the line -then sure, since they don't pay the tax in the first place, why would they object if those they parasite off aren't forced to open their veins even wider?

Obama still hasn't noticed what's been happening in several other countries after their parasitic citizens drained their golden goose dry? Of course he has -its why he urged Europe to join him and put their nations on the path to bankruptcy too with a similar out of control spending spree and tax increases to soak the wealthy even more than they already do. And its why they told him there was no way they were going to do that to THEIR countries and THEIR citizens. Considering the fact there is nonstop historic proof what results from these kinds of class warfare policies and unsustainable levels of spending money -after a while you have to accept the truth. Those are EXACTLY the results being sought by those peddling class warfare policies and unsustainable spending sprees. And if you doubt it -go read the leftwing's filthy bible Rules for Radicals by Saul Alinsky. He doesn't make any bones about it. And REMEMBER -Saul Alinksy is now recommended reading with teachers urged to push this FILTH on our kids in public schools as part of the critical indoctrination process that passes for "education". (Oh gee, and why do our kids stack up poorly against countries who spend a fraction of what we do on education? Maybe because they don't have money for political indoctrination and confine themselves to just TEACHING -wow what a novel concept.) The collapse of our system is absolutely NECESSARY for the left. It IS their goal, all their economic policies are directed to that ultimate goal. And they have a very specific reason for wanting that collapse.

If Democrats get their way by duping and lying to people again, insisting tax hikes intended to target only the wealthy can't possibly affect anyone but the rich -then we can soon start a new thread reminiscing about the good old days back when unemployment was "only" 9.2%. Been there, done that and foolishly hoped wouldn't be going through that again in my lifetime. But there is no accounting for the morons who feel the need to personally experience it themselves no matter how many times history has shown us exactly what the outcome will be. Every time.

Since the top 1% hoovered out most of the wealth in America, that makes THEM the parasites.

Barack Obama hints at tax rises after US debt bill goes through Senate | World news | The Guardian

US president refuses to rule out tax rises for wealthiest Americans as he prepares to sign debt limit bill into law

Barack Obama came out fighting in an attempt to undo the damage to his reputation caused by the long-running debt stand-off, and pacify Democrats who feel betrayed by the deal that will result in spending cuts totalling trillions of dollars.

The president, who turns 50 tomorrow, faces a tough re-election fight next year. He needs not only to win back such disaffected Democrats, but also to get them out to campaign for him and vote in their droves, as they did in 2008.

Speaking minutes after the Senate joined the House in approving the deal to prevent the US going into default, Obama offered an olive branch by putting tax rises back on the table.

Good luck with that. May be a case of "too little, too late" as far as his party and supporters go.

Just more proof this so called deal is a joke. Worse yet is it back loads most of the spending cuts. Which means it will be different congresses in the future that actually have to vote on and make the cuts. We all know what that really mean. It means it will never happen.

Oh that is just a sound clip, not even a full sentence. Are you so fucking lazy you can't even bring a full video of what he stated? Geeze dude, you are a real bum.

Since the top 1% hoovered out most of the wealth in America, that makes THEM the parasites.

I love how you class warfare assholes act like every single person in America who is upper middle class to rich. Is a lazy fat scum bag who did nothing for their money, and simply sits around stealing everyone's money. Shame on them for Taking advantage of the opportunities America Provides and becoming Successful. We better Punish their Asses so nobody else does that shit. After all what we all want is a country where nobody aspires to be anything more than ok. Just getting by. Lest they be called Greedy Scum Bags for daring to realize the American Dream.

This is a POLITICS forum s0ns............why do people keep posting up ideological class warfare taxes bullshite?

Nobody cares and it doesnt matter. Might as well be standing out in the middle of Siberia buck naked in the most northern lattitudes yelling, "FIRE!!"

Its the same as a conservative post up an immediate repeal of ObamaCare. Nice little thought, for sure, but to talk about it in the next 18 months is also akin to being the naked guy yelling "fire" in Siberia

Last edited:

LOL, parasites huh?:eusa_whistle:
.November 6, 2009 3:38 PM PrintText 237 Millionaires in Congress
By Brian Montopoli Topics Congress .54 Comments

Even in tough times, it's good to be a lawmaker: According to a report released this week by the Center for Responsive Politics, there are 237 millionaires serving in Congress, according to 2008 figures.

237 Millionaires in Congress - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Yeah, I hear you. I mean, it's not that I won't vote for him. Who else am I going to vote for? A Republican? Not if my life depended on it. Nader? Nope. I will vote for Obama, but I'm done being patient with his negotiating style. He should have invoked the 14th Amendment and told the Tea Party to sue him. That's my opinion. Better than giving in to hostage takers.

However, I really hope that Democrats have learned something here. First, negotiating with the Tea Party is pointless. Second, when Dems have the chance and have the right issue - like taxes - they should do what Republicans do - don't budge. Let Republicans shut the gov't down over tax cuts for the rich. Let the chips fall where they may. I believe that voters would be on the side of Democrats.

She was right, you are a moron.

:lol:

Another "genius" weighs in. This forum is full of them. And who the fuck asked you anything, cock-smear? Sit down and shut the fuck up. That's about all you're worth

Last edited:

Another "genius" weighs in. This forum is full of them. And who the fuck asked you anything, cock-smear? Sit down and shut the fuck up. That's about all you're worth

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

we're convinced.. you izzz the genius.

sweet :cuckoo: Looks like they weren't far off on their assessment of Jose. just sayin....

Forum List

Back