Barack Obama hints at tax rises after US debt bill goes through Senate

Obama can hint on taxes until the cows come home. AInt happening and he knows it too.............

He was just out there saying that today to fire up some of his whiney base......and alot of the suckers will fall for it hook, line and stinker.

Sorry, Skooks....this guy is a Leftist ideologue of the most rigid variety.

He will end the Bush tax cuts, at the very least, even if it makes the economy tank and Americans suffer: he will have no election to worry about.

Here is Obama, not denying that lower taxes bring in more money to the fisc, but that he doesn't care about that: "it's about 'fair' "

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpSDBu35K-8]‪Obama: Raise Taxes, Capital Gains - "For Purposes of Fairness"‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Insane, but that's how the Left sees it:taxes are not to raise revenue, but to punish success.

Barack Obama hints at tax rises after US debt bill goes through Senate | World news | The Guardian

US president refuses to rule out tax rises for wealthiest Americans as he prepares to sign debt limit bill into law

Barack Obama came out fighting in an attempt to undo the damage to his reputation caused by the long-running debt stand-off, and pacify Democrats who feel betrayed by the deal that will result in spending cuts totalling trillions of dollars.

The president, who turns 50 tomorrow, faces a tough re-election fight next year. He needs not only to win back such disaffected Democrats, but also to get them out to campaign for him and vote in their droves, as they did in 2008.

Speaking minutes after the Senate joined the House in approving the deal to prevent the US going into default, Obama offered an olive branch by putting tax rises back on the table.

Good luck with that. May be a case of "too little, too late" as far as his party and supporters go.

Liberal chicks don't get off unless you slam them with higher taxes while you're nailing them.

Obama can hint on taxes until the cows come home. AInt happening and he knows it too.............

He was just out there saying that today to fire up some of his whiney base......and alot of the suckers will fall for it hook, line and stinker.

He will end the Bush tax cuts, at the very least, even if it makes the economy tank and Americans suffer: he will have no election to worry about.

Here is Obama, not denying that lower taxes bring in more money to the fisc, but that he doesn't care about that: "it's about 'fair' "

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpSDBu35K-8]‪Obama: Raise Taxes, Capital Gains - "For Purposes of Fairness"‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Insane, but that's how the Left sees it:taxes are not to raise revenue, but to punish success.

Wow, just wow... And people call Bush dumb.

Host: It's a proven fact if you raise taxes you get less revenue
Obama: Maybe, maybe not....
Host: Uhh, but... uhh sorry what?
Obama: We have to be fair, even if that means we collect less revenue because of poor policy.
Host: ....

Of course then it's funny to watch Obama talk about Bush's 4 Trillion added to the deficit and then claims that will change under him (Obama...)

That's exactly what Joe the Plumber told him.

There is a 100% certainty there will be no increased taxes before the end of next year.

Tough shit on the k00ks..........time for them to suck on it!!! And ask me? How much am I laughing my balls off these days?:D:D:D:D:D:D:2up:

Politically............Obama is fcukked. He could end all this misery tomorrow by making 2 simple statements: 1) No new federal regulations before end of 2012. 2) No new tax pledge. By mid-next year, we be seing 4%-5% growth rates and a dramatic uptick in jobs..........and in plenty of time for the election. But he wont do it..........he is hostage to his base who spend 24 hours a day scheming about how to fcukk over the successful people in America. The man is fcukked and he knows it. His best chance now is to have a terror attack hit the homeland and he responds as Bush did............frankly, its his only chance.

Last edited:
Every economist has stated that the deficit can’t be reduced by cuts alone. Anyone honest, non-partisan, and objective will agree with that – the ideologues and partisan hacks will not. And to modify the revenue process allowing the wealthy to pay their fair share is also completely appropriate. No one wants to see the budget balanced on the backs of the working class, elderly, and disabled while the wealthy contribute next to nothing, they benefit from government programs as well.
The president, who turns 50 tomorrow, faces a tough re-election fight next year. He needs not only to win back such disaffected Democrats, but also to get them out to campaign for him and vote in their droves, as they did in 2008.

As conservatives like to remind us, it’s more then a year before the general election. Just as the government funding deal late last year allowing the wealthy to keep their Bush tax cut was forgotten, so too will the debt ceiling deal be forgotten; particularly as the details of the compromise show core liberal programs and other interests remained mostly untouched.

Obama’s supporters will be energized once a GOP frontrunner emerges and the hateful rhetoric starts to fly in earnest by the right. Indeed, when the idiocy and extremism of the TMP and right in general are exposed to the Nation as a whole, moderates and independents will be very much turned-off by the partisan republican message.

There is a 100% certainty there will be no increased taxes before the end of next year.

Tough shit on the k00ks..........time for them to suck on it!!! And ask me? How much am I laughing my balls off these days?:D:D:D:D:D:D:2up:

Perhaps not by next year...but if he wins (heaven forfend)...

Under the headline, “The Enforcement Mechanism Complements the Forcing Event Already In Law – the Expiration of the Bush Tax Cuts – To Create Pressure for a Balanced Deal,” the release stated (emphasis in original), “The Bush tax cuts expire as of 1/1/2013, the same date that the spending sequester would go into effect.”
https://romanticpoet.wordpress.com/tag/obama-bush-tax-cuts-to-expire/

Obama should change his motto..

His new one should be...

I HOPE to raise taxes ON the American people, NOW there will be some hope and change for ya. SUCKERS.

Every economist has stated that the deficit can’t be reduced by cuts alone. Anyone honest, non-partisan, and objective will agree with that – the ideologues and partisan hacks will not. And to modify the revenue process allowing the wealthy to pay their fair share is also completely appropriate. No one wants to see the budget balanced on the backs of the working class, elderly, and disabled while the wealthy contribute next to nothing, they benefit from government programs as well.

As conservatives like to remind us, it’s more then a year before the general election. Just as the government funding deal late last year allowing the wealthy to keep their Bush tax cut was forgotten, so too will the debt ceiling deal be forgotten; particularly as the details of the compromise show core liberal programs and other interests remained mostly untouched.

Obama’s supporters will be energized once a GOP frontrunner emerges and the hateful rhetoric starts to fly in earnest by the right. Indeed, when the idiocy and extremism of the TMP and right in general are exposed to the Nation as a whole, moderates and independents will be very much turned-off by the partisan republican message.

Keep raising baseline spending and it can never be balanced, regardless of how many taxes get added.

The baseline as increased 24 to 26% depending on reports for his lack of self control.

The house will insist on now new taxes. Obama and the senate will insist on no entitlement cuts. Bottom line, neither will happen. The Bush tax cuts will be extended if for no other reason than the following..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8glbYVk3WSo&feature=youtube_gdata_player]‪Obama: "The LAST THING We Want to Do Is Raise Taxes During a Recession"‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Barack Obama hints at tax rises after US debt bill goes through Senate | World news | The Guardian

US president refuses to rule out tax rises for wealthiest Americans as he prepares to sign debt limit bill into law

Barack Obama came out fighting in an attempt to undo the damage to his reputation caused by the long-running debt stand-off, and pacify Democrats who feel betrayed by the deal that will result in spending cuts totalling trillions of dollars.

Speaking minutes after the Senate joined the House in approving the deal to prevent the US going into default, Obama offered an olive branch by putting tax rises back on the table.

Good luck with that. May be a case of "too little, too late" as far as his party and supporters go.

What I find amazing is that you and his PARTY are sad that he DIDN'T RAISE taxes ON THE PEOPLE of this country..

actually I find it DISGUSTING.

The house will insist on now new taxes. Obama and the senate will insist on no entitlement cuts. Bottom line, neither will happen. The Bush tax cuts will be extended if for no other reason than the following..

‪Obama: "The LAST THING We Want to Do Is Raise Taxes During a Recession"‬‏ - YouTube

After the news reporting that he is going to push for a cut in corporate tax. (LIP SERVICE)

TAX INCREASES WILL BE HIS NEXT.

Remember this president doesnt have a problem talking out of both sides of his ass.

Yeah, I hear you. I mean, it's not that I won't vote for him. Who else am I going to vote for? A Republican? Not if my life depended on it. Nader? Nope. I will vote for Obama, but I'm done being patient with his negotiating style. He should have invoked the 14th Amendment and told the Tea Party to sue him. That's my opinion. Better than giving in to hostage takers.

However, I really hope that Democrats have learned something here. First, negotiating with the Tea Party is pointless. Second, when Dems have the chance and have the right issue - like taxes - they should do what Republicans do - don't budge. Let Republicans shut the gov't down over tax cuts for the rich. Let the chips fall where they may. I believe that voters would be on the side of Democrats.

She was right, you are a moron.

:lol:

Forum List

Back