Banning the use of fighting words on the internet or media

Questioner

Nov 26, 2019
Technically, the Constitution, as per originalism, doesn't give one a right to use fighting words on the internet, much as it doesn't give one the right to yell "fire" in a movie theater.

If we just started enforcing this, it would be a nice caveat which would allow us to shut down 90% of the left-wing media and social media, given that arousing the feral sentiments of the underclass is what most of it is predicated on to begin with.

fighting-words.jpg

Technically, the Constitution, as per originalism, doesn't give one a right to use fighting words on the internet, much as it doesn't give one the right to yell "fire" in a movie theater.

You have every right to yell FIRE in a movie theater, but you will be held liable for any damage or injuries resulting from your doing so.

You will be punished for the effect, not the word itself. If people in the theater laugh and go back to eating their popcorn, no harm no foul.

If we just started enforcing this, it would be a nice caveat which would allow us to shut down 90% of the left-wing media and social media, given that arousing the feral sentiments of the underclass is what most of it is predicated on to begin with.

my gosh your questions get dumber by the day,,,

the constitution doesnt grant rights, it says what the government cant or must do,,,

when you get into 8th grade next yr you might learn about it,,,

now shut the fuck up and go back to sleep or I will come over there and kick your ass

So what is a fighting word?

Boxing?
Wrestling?
Karate?

How about instead of banning "fighting words", we each take responsibility for our own actions?

I have been online and using forums since the AOL days of dialup. I have been called all sorts of names and even threatened. But since it is online, it has no real effect on me.

I would be curious to see a list of "fighting words".

And you do know that pretty much any word ban can be circumvented, right?

They arent banning just the words YOU WILL NOT be able to " DO ANY OF THESE " sports boxing, kick boxing etc..

Boxing?
Wrestling?
Karate?
And because one person will not look at words the same way compared to another word, who has the finally say on what is bad and what is good?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Boxing?
Wrestling?
Karate?
And because one person will not look at words the same way compared to another word, who has the finally say on what is bad and what is good?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Exactly

We have Hollywood celebrities threatening the President of the United States with everything from assault to mayhem almost on a daily basis and you want to ban so-called "fighting words" for the rest of us"?

Boxing?
Wrestling?
Karate?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Exactly
Not really actually. My message was supposed to look like this:

And because one person will not look at words the same way compared to another person, who has the final say on what is bad and what is good?

Sorry about that. My temperature is currently like the gas prices, up and down.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back