CDZ Banning people from countries

I

Indofred

Trump has famously demanded all Muslims be banned from America because thousands of Muslims are terrorists.
Would it be acceptable for every country to ban all travel for all citizens of countries where a significant number are serious criminals?
Korea, the UK and the US all export thousands of child sex tourists to Asia, should all people from those countries be banned from overseas travel?
Illegal Russian arms dealers are notorious in many places, especially Africa, should all Russians be banned from everywhere?

Or perhaps blaming all for the actions of some is unacceptable.

Opinion?

Trump has famously demanded all Muslims be banned from America because thousands of Muslims are terrorists.
Would it be acceptable for every country to ban all travel for all citizens of countries where a significant number are serious criminals?
Korea, the UK and the US all export thousands of child sex tourists to Asia, should all people from those countries be banned from overseas travel?
Illegal Russian arms dealers are notorious in many places, especially Africa, should all Russians be banned from everywhere?

Or perhaps blaming all for the actions of some is unacceptable.

Opinion?

Out of curiosity, do you really want opinions, or do you want rationally developed arguments for or against whatever position(s) a writer might espouse with regard to the themes and questions you presented in your OP? I suspect you can get a good deal of the former, but not not many of the latter.

A country could ban certain groups of another country's citizens, I guess.

But we can't ban people because of religion.

If we ban a quarter of the world's population from entering the US, based on their religion, we will be denying rights to the citizens of literally every country on the earth. What will England say about our refusing to let English citizens into the US because of their religion? France? Germany?

This is a notion that a bright third grader would dismiss after a few minutes of thought.

Our greatest challenge is OUR ability to vet, in a valid manner, people who live in what would be considered a region of the world hostile to the US.

Stop all immigration if necessary until we can vet properly. toddsterpatriot's question is one of those that are obvious they need not be answered.

Stop all immigration if necessary until we can vet if properly necessary. toddsterpatriot's question is one of those that are obvious they need not be answered.

Your failure to answer is funny.
CDZ rules apply. Remember that. We all know that the 1st Amendment protects religious belief. We cannot ban our own people from returning to America. You can take it to court if you believe we cannot ban based on religion. You will lose.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

That doesn't mention anything about having to let Muslims come here.
Did you have something to back up your claim? Or is it just a feeling?

Stop all immigration if necessary until we can vet if properly necessary. toddsterpatriot's question is one of those that are obvious they need not be answered.

Your failure to answer is funny.
CDZ rules apply. Remember that. We all know that the 1st Amendment protects religious belief. We cannot ban our own people from returning to America. You can take it to court if you believe we cannot ban based on religion. You will lose.

CDZ rules apply. Remember that. We all know that the 1st Amendment protects religious belief.

Yup. We can't stop American citizens from practicing Islam.
We can for sure stop non-citizen Muslims from entering our country.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

That doesn't mention anything about having to let Muslims come here. Did you have something to back up your claim? Or is it just a feeling?
The law is clear. Why do you think you can interfere with people because of religion?

If we ban a quarter of the world's population from entering the US, based on their religion, we will be denying rights to the citizens of literally every country on the earth. What will England say about our refusing to let English citizens into the US because of their religion? France? Germany?

This is a notion that a bright third grader would dismiss after a few minutes of thought.

If we ban a quarter of the world's population from entering the US, based on their religion, we will be denying rights to the citizens of literally every country on the earth.

I've read the Constitution. The right to travel to the US isn't in there.

That doesn't mention anything about having to let Muslims come here. Did you have something to back up your claim? Or is it just a feeling?
The law is clear. Why do you think you can interfere with people because of religion?

Which law? Yes, we can interfere with foreigners traveling here.
We can ban Iranians, Chinese, Muslims of all varieties.
And there is nothing in the Constitution that says we cannot.

Try again?

Forum List

Back