Banker Fired For Rant - I don't agree with this.

HikerGuy83

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 2021
This guy and his friend sound like morons.

But this is their business.

I don't like what they did and I am sure I would not like him/her.

However, I grow tired of employment being terminated over personal business.

When does a free speech lawsuit come out of this.

And spare me the "They can fire you at will" argument. I get that.

But you can't "fire at will". Can you ? Otherwise there would not be discrimination suites.

A Wall Street banker has been fired after screaming 'go back to your country' at a Jewish American man while he covered up posters pleading for the return of hostages kidnapped by Hamas terrorists. Kurush Mistry and his partner Shailja Gupta have faced a huge backlash after the two-minute video posted on social media late last week of the incident in New York's 68th Street and Riverside Boulevard went viral.

He's a moron.

But this is America.

We accommodate morons.

We even elect them POTUS.

But you can't "fire at will". Can you ? Otherwise there would not be discrimination suites.

A Wall Street banker has been fired after screaming 'go back to your country' at a Jewish American man while he covered up posters pleading for the return of hostages kidnapped by Hamas terrorists. Kurush Mistry and his partner Shailja Gupta have faced a huge backlash after the two-minute video posted on social media late last week of the incident in New York's 68th Street and Riverside Boulevard went viral.

He's a moron.

But this is America.

We accommodate morons.

Do stupid sh*t
Receive the consequences of stupid sh*t

If the bank doesn't get rid of him they are implicitly complicit in his actions.

Government didn't fire him, the bank did.

He's a moron.

But this is America.

We accommodate morons.

I'd fire him, too. Not only because of what he said but because it became known that he worked for me after he said it.

He's also a punkass bitch and a douchebag. And I wouldn't want to be around those types any more than I have to be. I always feel unclean after reading dimocraps in here. Imagine having to breathe the same air. disgusting

I would also become concerned that, once I found out who and what he was, I might be in danger of breaking the Law and end up in Jail. Afterall, it is New Yawk Shitty, where scum rules everything

A prime requirement of working in business is……you don’t embarrass your boss, you don’t embarrass your company.

If your private assholeness becomes public and people start to say they won’t patronize this business because you work there……you will no longer work there

It's a free country. He is still free to spew what ever vile rhetoric he wants too, and his ex-employer can't do a thing about it.

That's the great thing about video: No more of this "he said, she said" which allowed people to generally be given a pass for bad behavior. Once it's on tape, you're not going to BS your way out of it.

My employer made everyone read and sign a Code of Conduct, so in this situation, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

you wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
But would the system come down so hard on badly disabled people?
I suspect not , which seems hard on poor Kurush .

He should have had his legs amputated before seeking his fifteen minutes fame .

He's a moron.

But this is America.

We accommodate morons.

Freedom of speech is a function of the Govt, not private entities.

Yeah he fell for the trick. These posters are not being hung so people can say OMG I just saw that kidnapped Israeli in a white van. They are being hung so that people will "out" themselves so then they can be cancelled or fired. It's a total psych op.

He's a moron.

But this is America.

We accommodate morons.

This is highly problematic behavior, and extends beyond any legal protections.

The bank acted within the law, and exercised appropriate ethical conduct as well.

But it's a sad story; I hope the guy is able to get on with things.

One moment of bad judgment shouldn't define someone's life.

Yeah he fell for the trick. These posters are not being hung so people can say OMG I just saw that kidnapped Israeli in a white van. They are being hung so that people will "out" themselves so then they can be cancelled or fired. It's a total psych op.

Left wing cult fucks are really really dumb.

Maybe he wasn't fired for the rant as much as he was fired for the act of taking down the posters and possibly a race based altercation.

A prime requirement of working in business is……you don’t embarrass your boss, you don’t embarrass your company.

If your private assholeness becomes public and people start to say they won’t patronize this business because you work there……you will no longer work there
Tell that to Colin Kaepernick

He's a moron.

But this is America.

We accommodate morons.

I agree that it’s dangerous to make firing people for things they do outside of their work the norm.

We’ve seen where that slippery slope leads. A woke company might fire a competent computer programmer because he posted a Trump for president meme on his Facebook. That would be a horrible abuse IMO, but allowable by the logic.

Forum List

Back