Bandwagon

Lefty Wilbury

Nov 4, 2003
the DiG thread got me thinking about this movie. a good indie movie about a band and "what are we in it for" question. fame and money or the music. its good a good soundtrack of all indie and original music. i remember seeing this back in aug 98 on hbo before i left to go to a van halen concert. it's been on again recently on cable and any musican should check it out. a link to imdb:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112454/

I've really gotten big into music documentaries lately. Fearless Freaks was one of my favorite movies of the past year, and so far this year, the best movies I've seen have been No Direction Home and DiG!. I need to go back and rewatch I am Trying to Break Your Heart, which I didn't really get into the first time I watched it. Oh, and I forgot about Spend an Evening With Saddle Creek, that was good, too.

check any of the metallica docs that are out there like "year and a half in the life" of or even better "some kind of monster" the beatles anthology is a must see. the first part about harmburg and liverpool is really for the hardcore but the later stuff is the best. same with "the last waltz" i could go on forever about ones to see.

I've seen Some Kind of Monster and Anthology. I wasn't a big fan of Some Kind of Monster, but I didn't like the way it kind of showed making music, but took absolutely all the fun out of it. I mean, granted, that's probably what it's really like a lot of the time, but we all work boring, stressful, tedious jobs, why should I watch some rock stars complaining about how stressful and hard their jobs are? Plus, St. Anger sucked, so it's hard to see them go through all this just for an album that was crap anyway.

year and a half is better for the music part but some kind of monster is better for the confilcts behind the band. all of us who have been in bands can relate what they go through in some kind of monster except its usually punches thrown or close to it not a doc having people talk out their problems.

three that i forgot to mention:

the end of the century: the story of the ramones
punk:attitude
the real buddy holly story

Forum List

Back