Sep 19, 2011
NOT ONE video game ever killed anyone!

NOT ONE GUN on it's own, sitting totally by itself

1) loaded ammunition
2) pointed
3) fired.
4) killed anyone.

So what is the differential?
Could a chimp pulled a trigger? And would the chimp be responsible?
NO. The owner of the chimp would be responsible for having
1) a loaded gun
2) available for the chimp to pick up and fire.

Who is responsible?

Yet NOT one cry for the behavior modification that violent video games provide!

One simple question for all you advocates for adding more to the 800 gun control laws among them the strictest in CT.. by the way...

Tell me if nearly $700 billion a year is spent advertising to influence buying behavior,
IS IT POSSIBLE that behavior such as the CT. killer showed was influenced by his video game obsession?

20-year-old Adam Lanza shot his mother before heading to Sandy Hook Elementary School and killing the young children before turning the gun on himself. Kotaku first pointed out the connection between the murders and the fact that Lanza was a gamer, and others have jumped on board, including U.K. radio station, Radio WM, who this morning spoke about how Lanza played violent videogames. The radio show sensationalised the connection between Lanza’s gaming habits by exaggerating videogame violence, saying that “most videogames reward you for creative kills,” which is totally untrue.

The Connecticut killer and his videogames connection -- PlayStation Universe

Lt. Col. Grossman, a West Point psychologist and expert in mental combat training for military/police has said the same thing; violent games are a training tool for these type incidents. Hes right.

Video games have no effect....trust me....video games to most people are just that...a game. I only see it as an objective game to compete and have fun with friends. Other then that, it doesn't inspire me to have a military career or decide to buy real guns.

These games are just really quick and consistent first person shooters, people have fun playing because they don't have much time they play those games.

I still have much more fun playing racing games.

But I say it doesn't effect anyone's behavior. It doesn't inspire anyone to do these things.

NOT ONE video game ever killed anyone!

NOT ONE GUN on it's own, sitting totally by itself

1) loaded ammunition
2) pointed
3) fired.
4) killed anyone.

So what is the differential?
Could a chimp pulled a trigger? And would the chimp be responsible?
NO. The owner of the chimp would be responsible for having
1) a loaded gun
2) available for the chimp to pick up and fire.

Who is responsible?

Yet NOT one cry for the behavior modification that violent video games provide!

One simple question for all you advocates for adding more to the 800 gun control laws among them the strictest in CT.. by the way...

Tell me if nearly $700 billion a year is spent advertising to influence buying behavior,
IS IT POSSIBLE that behavior such as the CT. killer showed was influenced by his video game obsession?

20-year-old Adam Lanza shot his mother before heading to Sandy Hook Elementary School and killing the young children before turning the gun on himself. Kotaku first pointed out the connection between the murders and the fact that Lanza was a gamer, and others have jumped on board, including U.K. radio station, Radio WM, who this morning spoke about how Lanza played violent videogames. The radio show sensationalised the connection between Lanza’s gaming habits by exaggerating videogame violence, saying that “most videogames reward you for creative kills,” which is totally untrue.

The Connecticut killer and his videogames connection -- PlayStation Universe

Lt. Col. Grossman, a West Point psychologist and expert in mental combat training for military/police has said the same thing; violent games are a training tool for these type incidents. Hes right.

When either of you play a violent video game (don't tell me you never have), do YOU have the urge to go out and kill someone?

You don't need to ban games - you need to make children realize the difference between gaming, and reality. A school trip to the morgue may be in order.

and the people who can get their hands on other peoples guns.

when you have a party that thinks Christmas cards with guns in them are cool then you worship guns

when you have a party that thinks Christmas cards with guns in them are cool then you worship guns

Apparently, you haven't keep up with the Evangelical's. Jesus loved guns.

Attachments

• $jesus-with-gun.jpg
    $jesus-with-gun.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 57
Games have a rating system. M rated game sales to minors are prohibited. Talk to the parents.

Also, my copy of Doom hasn't killed anyone as long as I've owned it (about ten years) and I have yet to go insane.

And for the record I started playing video games when they were created and still do. From pong to Far Cry 3

No urges to kill as of yet. And keep in mind I started playing 30 years ago.

It is inherently part of the gun culture. Video games, movies, and music glorify gun violence. "put a cap in his head" "put a contract on him" "go on a hit" "say hello to my little friend". How many of the anti-2nd Amendment proponents are profiteering off the proliferation of this gun culture? The gun culture is not the NRA.

So if I'm at work or out and someone breaks into my home and steals the gun I keep locked up it's my fault how? Second I don't know anyone who puts guns and Christmas cards and third as shocking as this might be to you liberals own guns to.

Alcohol induces violence in some people shall we ban that too?

Knee jerk reactions like this are stupid.

Getting fired at work induces rage in some people. Should we ban employment?

So if I'm at work or out and someone breaks into my home and steals the gun I keep locked up it's my fault how? Second I don't know anyone who puts guns and Christmas cards and third as shocking as this might be to you liberals own guns to.

do you know how this womebn had her guns stored?

if I had a family member who was this ill I would not have guns stored in my house.

If he didnt have her guns he would not have been able to kill so manhy people.

She could have stored them off site and NOT taught him how to shoot

Forum List

Back