Ban violent video games with guns..

I'm going to take a break from this and play Modern Warfare 3 for awhile but be assured I won't go on killing spree when I'm finished.

If you're on xbox what's your gamertag and ill join you for a game or two

I'm on PC think I might go XBox after the first of the year seems like PC has been taken over by the hackers.

If banning video games is an answer, so is banning the bible and children's stories. They contain acts of violence and killing as well. The hell with it, just keep kids locked in the basement and only let them out to do chores.

:lmao:

Wow.... It's getting deep, and smelly.

It is all a steaming pile of dung. A choirboy who has a propensity to kill is no different than a gamer who has a propensity to kill.

I'm going to take a break from this and play Modern Warfare 3 for awhile but be assured I won't go on killing spree when I'm finished.

If you're on xbox what's your gamertag and ill join you for a game or two

I'm on PC think I might go XBox after the first of the year seems like PC has been taken over by the hackers.

Only PC game I have is Diablo lll and I haven't played it in months.

Here is an idea.

We teach our children that it is NOT acceptable to lash out and be violent when we don't get our way......

It is NOT the video games. It is the parenting.

That doesn't work with crazy people. Starting with the shooting from the Texas Tower, these mass casualty gunmen have one thing in common. They are all insane, known to be insane and nothing could be done to stop them. The cure isn't to remove guns, it's to remove the insane. The crazies won't stop killing if they don't have guns. They'll just use something else.

Politically there will be no such thing as identifying the real cause of these massacres. It doesn't sound as good as gun control.
Where do you get the idea that I am advocating for banning anything?

I am one of the most staunch supporters of gun rights in this country.

In fact, I think this is just another case of all of you people doing nothing but arguing for the sake of arguing.

The left go more nuts than usual when something like this happens.

But the truth is, there IS NO FUCKING GUN CRISIS IN THIS COUNTRY.

There is no need to ban anything or bring MORE GOVERNMENT to bear on a problem that does not exist.

Stop teaching your children to be union thugs and in a few generations, civility returns to this country.

It is, and always has been, a parenting problem.

And for the record I started playing video games when they were created and still do. From pong to Far Cry 3

No urges to kill as of yet. And keep in mind I started playing 30 years ago.

So why ban guns so that just a FEW that can't control themselves like this shooter still can use knives?

My point is banning the inanimate object is not the solution.
Behavior modification of the FEW is what has occurred and this behavior WAS done because of the influence of video games!

I was being facetious regarding "banning" video games but MY point is when I was getting my degree in psychology, we did behavior modification of cats and found pleasure zones in the brain that stimulated cats.
Same thing happens to YOUR brain starting with pong, Mario,etc... it modified your behavior Gramps because you were able to displace some anger by bopping the mole! It's called displacement. MOST people like you gramps don't have a problem... it is the shooters that do BUT to ban GUNS because of a few??

Again knee jerk reactions. Hyperbole. Hysteria. Stupid behavior on the part of the media!
I read an article from NYT today and 10 times we were told Ms. Lanza was a "big gun fan"! 10 times in that one article. Think there was a bias there?

Ms. Lanza, mother of Conn. school gunman, was "big, big gun fan
she was "a big, big gun fan"
gun apparently drawn from her own collection,
she liked to talk about her gun collection.
"She had several different guns," he said. "I don't know how many. She would go target shooting with her kids."
She was "a big, big gun fan," he added on his website.

Nancy Lanza, mother of Conn. school gunman, was "big, big gun fan" - The Denver Post

This MSM biased obsession with GUN Control as evidenced by just this ONE article's repetition of "gun fan"..etc. why was that necessary?
All it does is FAN hysteria, hyperbole, and totally uncalled for idiocy!

her worship of guns is what caused this.

Its not her fault but she did make it much easier for her mentally ill son to kill

WHERE did you come away with "her worship of guns"??? perception??
Maybe as I illustrate you are a person totally under the sway of MSM due to articles like this.

Again knee jerk reactions. Hyperbole. Hysteria. Stupid behavior on the part of the media!
I read an article from NYT today and 10 times we were told Ms. Lanza was a "big gun fan"! 10 times in that one article. Think there was a bias there?

Ms. Lanza, mother of Conn. school gunman, was "big, big gun fan
she was "a big, big gun fan"
gun apparently drawn from her own collection,
she liked to talk about her gun collection.
"She had several different guns," he said. "I don't know how many. She would go target shooting with her kids."
She was "a big, big gun fan," he added on his website.

Nancy Lanza, mother of Conn. school gunman, was "big, big gun fan" - The Denver Post

This MSM biased obsession with GUN Control as evidenced by just this ONE article's repetition of "gun fan"..etc. why was that necessary?
All it does is FAN hysteria, hyperbole, and totally uncalled for idiocy!

and the people who can get their hands on other peoples guns.

when you have a party that thinks Christmas cards with guns in them are cool then you worship guns

Apparently, you haven't keep up with the Evangelical's. Jesus loved guns.
It's kept up, havn't kept up - not havn't keep up. Not quite a thread killer.
The question is how do you defeat evil - this was evil personified? We wrestle not against flesh, and blood but against spiritual wickedness. We can only take precautions with the physical. We must find away to profile the potential for such evil, and intervene - there are always red flags!
I don't believe gaming had anything to do with this, but I do believe in a good dose of reality!

listen to .. COLUMBINE VICTIM...its not video games or Marilyn Masons fault

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSZ9YTnSkLc]SCHOOL SHOOTINGS II - YouTube[/ame]

This is what needs to be banned..SSRIs are banned in Europe for under 18 and in adults for mild to moderate depression..yet the sun still rises and sets everyday still and life goes on

It's Time, America - Ban Them NOW

and

From It's Time, America - Ban Them NOW :cool:

Anyone who wants to ban video games or movies should go fuck themselves and die. Take away GTA 5 and I'll go on a fucking shooting spree.

Gotta love running down the sidewalk at 100 mph then stealing a dump truck to cause a five star alarm.

Fuck yeah brother. We may hate each other on most subjects, but we're simpatico on this one.

Here come all the left wing geniuses who spend the bulk of their time and lives on the Internet
who have all the answers to this act of pure madness and evil.
They know everything.

It's video games.
It's music videos.
It's movies.
It's an interest in guns and ammo.
It's a right wing political belief...

You know what...you guys know more then professionals?
Because I don't think they have the answers here...

But go ahead and feel good tonight because you have all the answers.

New Topics

Forum List

Back