Ban SSRIs

TexM3

VIP Member
Aug 27, 2011
Ban them for teens and young adults and school shootings go to near zero!

Last edited:

I'd be pleased if they were MONITORED and treated as the risk they are. And YES.. This is PART of the issue with school shootings. But the PRINCIPAL component is mental health and instabilities.. The whole profession is not ready to handle this. There's no measurements, not a lot of consistent advice, etc.

Personally, I think that mental "stress testing" individuals as a part of screening people on SSRIs might be a good indicator of the bad possible side effects of these drugs. They should be prodded a bit to expose latent aggressive and violent tendencies.

I'd be pleased if they were MONITORED and treated as the risk they are. And YES.. This is PART of the issue with school shootings. But the PRINCIPAL component is mental health and instabilities.. The whole profession is not ready to handle this. There's no measurements, not a lot of consistent advice, etc.

Personally, I think that mental "stress testing" individuals as a part of screening people on SSRIs might be a good indicator of the bad possible side effects of these drugs. They should be prodded a bit to expose latent aggressive and violent tendencies.

:poke:

Yeah.. Exactly. You physically stress test for underlying heart/vascular issues. Why can't you MENTALLY stress test for aggression/violence? Just have a tranquilizer gun and plenty of tazers around.

Forum List

Back