Baltimore mayor says Trump should send federal assistance

Have any of you republicans ever in your lives hear a president bad mouth a city like your scumbag trump did?? The POS should be reminded he's president of ALL the USA not all except where black folks live
Repubs have not been giving a chance for over 50 years and since1950 or so in some cities. Most of them are not in good financial state. The uphill battle for Repubs to even get a foothold is evident in everything. On Maher's show last night a Trump supporter spoke out and Maher retorted something about getting a gun or in that direction. Maher could not physically fight his way out of a wet paper bag. But his mouth is like so many in our nation. And he lives in a mansion while others live in abjact poverty. Tough decision have to be made in cities. And that includes government employees, monopoly employees, trade union employees, government/private contractor agendas with quota and affirmative action questions also. Schools need to change their curriculums and they need to get tougher in subjects and add trade school classes to help also. Some students won't make it in the changeover. And that is something that is possible. People really want to see improvements. For it will be improvements for most of them also. And Drugs must be dealt with at the highest level.

How typical.

Years of ignorant Democrat policies destroy their city, and they come begging the taxpayers to fix it for them.

Baltimore Mayor Bernard 'Jack' Young says Trump should send federal assistance rather than tweeting - CNNPolitics
Why should he do this? Baltimore is of the democrats own making. Why hasn't the governor declared a state of emergency?
Good question. Bring in the National guard and take care of the drug problem. Use the police force for finding the drug sellers and the National guard can back up the police.
Democrats have a very hard time shining a light on their own failure and corruption. The mayor needs to go to his governor and fix their own mess.
How about republican Moscow Mitch allowing russians to invade our elections? What light do you traitors shine on that?

Weak Eddie, very weak. You ma be Dales' buddy but I am going to have to issue a list warning #1. This hurts me more than will hurt you but if I let you go easy.....I would have to let them all go. You are on warning now.
Dale is not in good shape

How typical.

Years of ignorant Democrat policies destroy their city, and they come begging the taxpayers to fix it for them.

Baltimore Mayor Bernard 'Jack' Young says Trump should send federal assistance rather than tweeting - CNNPolitics
Why should he do this? Baltimore is of the democrats own making. Why hasn't the governor declared a state of emergency?
Good question. Bring in the National guard and take care of the drug problem. Use the police force for finding the drug sellers and the National guard can back up the police.

The Drug Dealers and the Pimps are hanging right out on the city's street corners, they have to be available for their customers.

They tear down statues of American heroes and build shrines to dead drug dealers.

Democrats have a very hard time shining a light on their own failure and corruption. The mayor needs to go to his governor and fix their own mess.
How about republican Moscow Mitch allowing russians to invade our elections? What light do you traitors shine on that?

Weak Eddie, very weak. You ma be Dales' buddy but I am going to have to issue a list warning #1. This hurts me more than will hurt you but if I let you go easy.....I would have to let them all go. You are on warning now.
Ed, is he OK? I'd hate to think he is ill. Surely he is too darn ornery to falter. I've been trying to stay out of his line of fire for years now, and would like to keep it that way.

Ed, is he OK? I'd hate to think he is ill. Surely he is too darn ornery to falter. I've been trying to stay out of his line of fire for years now, and would like to keep it that way.
Last time we talked it didn't sound good One of the only right leaning guys I've gotten to like and we really used to go at it lol

I don't cry much but talking to him and listening to his problems I had tears in my eyes

The federal gov't should not be in the business of fixing local and state problems. Federal assistance may have contributed to the problem more than helping fix it, why do anything to make things better as long as the federal tax dollars keep rolling in?
Bullshit.

How typical.

Excuse me, we've already pissed over a billion dollars away on that shit hole and now it's just a bigger and deeper shithole.

"Just a few years ago, Wells Fargo agreed to pay millions of dollars to Baltimore and its residents to settle a landmark lawsuit brought by the city claiming the bank unfairly steered minorities who wanted to own homes into subprime mortgages. Before that, there was the crack epidemic of the 1990s and the rise of mass incarceration and the decline of good industrial jobs in the 1980s.

And before that? From 1951 to 1971, 80 to 90 percent of the 25,000 families displaced in Baltimore to build new highways, schools and housing projects were black. Their neighborhoods, already disinvested and deemed dispensable, were sliced into pieces, the parks where their children played bulldozed.

And before that — now if we go way back — there was redlining, the earlier corollary to subprime lending in which banks refused to lend at all in neighborhoods that federally backed officials had identified as having "undesirable racial concentrations."

These shocks happened, at least 80 years of them, to the same communities in Baltimore, as they did in cities across the country. Neighborhoods weakened by mass incarceration were the same ones divided by highways. Families cornered into subprime loans descended from the same families who'd been denied homeownership — and the chance to build wealth — two generations earlier. People displaced today by new development come from the same communities that were scattered before in the name of "slum clearance" and the progress brought by Interstate highways.

And the really terrible irony — which brings us back to Baltimore today — is that each of these shocks further diminished the capacity of low-income urban black communities to recover from the one that came next. It's an irony, a fundamental urban inequality, created over the years by active decisions and government policies that have undermined the same people and sapped them of their ability to rebuild, that have again and again dismantled the same communities, each time making them socially, economically, and politically weaker."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...more-became-baltimore/?utm_term=.fd8112883ff1

The federal gov't should not be in the business of fixing local and state problems. Federal assistance may have contributed to the problem more than helping fix it, why do anything to make things better as long as the federal tax dollars keep rolling in?
Bullshit.

Fix it yourself, Black Progs caused it.

. Before that, there was the crack epidemic of the 1990s and the rise of mass incarceration and the decline of good industrial jobs in the 1980s.

What the hell is wrong with incarcerating en masse the nation's crack dealers? These are bad people, and it actually helps the community when you resect out the cancer and give the good people a chance to survive?

How typical.

You want to explain how that was done? I'm listening GO_________

Bullshit.

Nah, that's not what happened.

"Just a few years ago, Wells Fargo agreed to pay millions of dollars to Baltimore and its residents to settle a landmark lawsuit brought by the city claiming the bank unfairly steered minorities who wanted to own homes into subprime mortgages. Before that, there was the crack epidemic of the 1990s and the rise of mass incarceration and the decline of good industrial jobs in the 1980s.

And before that? From 1951 to 1971, 80 to 90 percent of the 25,000 families displaced in Baltimore to build new highways, schools and housing projects were black. Their neighborhoods, already disinvested and deemed dispensable, were sliced into pieces, the parks where their children played bulldozed.

And before that — now if we go way back — there was redlining, the earlier corollary to subprime lending in which banks refused to lend at all in neighborhoods that federally backed officials had identified as having "undesirable racial concentrations."

These shocks happened, at least 80 years of them, to the same communities in Baltimore, as they did in cities across the country. Neighborhoods weakened by mass incarceration were the same ones divided by highways. Families cornered into subprime loans descended from the same families who'd been denied homeownership — and the chance to build wealth — two generations earlier. People displaced today by new development come from the same communities that were scattered before in the name of "slum clearance" and the progress brought by Interstate highways.

And the really terrible irony — which brings us back to Baltimore today — is that each of these shocks further diminished the capacity of low-income urban black communities to recover from the one that came next. It's an irony, a fundamental urban inequality, created over the years by active decisions and government policies that have undermined the same people and sapped them of their ability to rebuild, that have again and again dismantled the same communities, each time making them socially, economically, and politically weaker."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...more-became-baltimore/?utm_term=.fd8112883ff1
Baltimore’s Economic Devastation Goes Back To Racist Housing Policy
From Ferguson to Baltimore: The Fruits of Government-Sponsored Segregation
Will the Supreme Court Annihilate One of the Most Effective Tools for Battling Racial Segregation in Housing?
Creating Opportunity for Children
Racial segregation continues, and even intensifies: Manhattan Institute report heralding the “end” of segregation uses a measure that masks important demographic and economic trends
African American Poverty: Concentrated and Multi-Generational
The Racial Achievement Gap, Segregated Schools, and Segregated Neighborhoods – A Constitutional Insult
Race and public housing: Revisiting the federal role
A different kind of choice: Educational inequality and the continuing significance of racial segregation
A comment on Bank of America/Countrywide’s discriminatory mortgage lending and its implications for racial segregation

"Baltimore, not at all uniquely, has experienced a century of public policy designed, consciously so, to segregate and impoverish its black population. A legacy of these policies is the rioting we have seen in Baltimore. Whether after the 1967 wave of riots that led to the Kerner Commission report, after the 1992 Los Angeles riot that followed the acquittal of police officers who beat Rodney King, or after the recent wave of confrontations and vandalism following police killings of black men, community leaders typically say, properly, that violence isn’t the answer and that after peace is restored, we can deal with the underlying problems. We never do so.

Certainly, African American citizens of Baltimore were provoked by aggressive, hostile, even murderous policing, but Spiro Agnew had it right. Without suburban integration, something barely on today’s public policy agenda, ghetto conditions will persist, giving rise to aggressive policing and the riots that inevitably ensue. Like Ferguson before it, Baltimore will not be the last such conflagration the nation needlessly experiences."

You won't read all this, you'll pretend the information doesn't exist or it's fake. You will continue posting ignorance because it's what you want to believe. But these links reveal just a small bit of what you don't know.

. Before that, there was the crack epidemic of the 1990s and the rise of mass incarceration and the decline of good industrial jobs in the 1980s.

What the hell is wrong with incarcerating en masse the nation's crack dealers? These are bad people, and it actually helps the community when you resect out the cancer and give the good people a chance to survive?

Then the Reagan administration should have been incarcerated. You chose to point out that one sentence, how about discussing the overall story.

Certainly, African American citizens of Baltimore were provoked by aggressive, hostile, even murderous policing, but Spiro Agnew had it right. Without suburban integration, something barely on today’s public policy agenda, ghetto conditions will persist, giving rise to aggressive policing and the riots that inevitably ensue. Like Ferguson before it, Baltimore will not be the last such conflagration the nation needlessly experiences.

Actually, Ferguson is a suburb or St. Louis, and is very well integrated.

Dems want ghetto conditions to persist, as this is their key to continued success in the African American community. As long as the masses of black are dependent upon the largesse of the government, they will continue to vote for the blue brand.

How typical.

If Trump is so concerned about rat infested communities, why wouldn’t he send assistance?

Baltimore has enough money already.

The kind of assistance that the Baltimore government needs is Leadership Training. And they can afford it themselves.

EVERYONE on this forum is ignoring the elephant in the room.

THE RESIDENTS

They play as big a role in this as any politician.
Politicians aren't the ones physically wrecking the place.

Bullshit.

Nah, that's not what happened.

Baltimore’s Economic Devastation Goes Back To Racist Housing Policy
From Ferguson to Baltimore: The Fruits of Government-Sponsored Segregation
Will the Supreme Court Annihilate One of the Most Effective Tools for Battling Racial Segregation in Housing?
Creating Opportunity for Children
Racial segregation continues, and even intensifies: Manhattan Institute report heralding the “end” of segregation uses a measure that masks important demographic and economic trends
African American Poverty: Concentrated and Multi-Generational
The Racial Achievement Gap, Segregated Schools, and Segregated Neighborhoods – A Constitutional Insult
Race and public housing: Revisiting the federal role
A different kind of choice: Educational inequality and the continuing significance of racial segregation
A comment on Bank of America/Countrywide’s discriminatory mortgage lending and its implications for racial segregation

"Baltimore, not at all uniquely, has experienced a century of public policy designed, consciously so, to segregate and impoverish its black population. A legacy of these policies is the rioting we have seen in Baltimore. Whether after the 1967 wave of riots that led to the Kerner Commission report, after the 1992 Los Angeles riot that followed the acquittal of police officers who beat Rodney King, or after the recent wave of confrontations and vandalism following police killings of black men, community leaders typically say, properly, that violence isn’t the answer and that after peace is restored, we can deal with the underlying problems. We never do so.

Certainly, African American citizens of Baltimore were provoked by aggressive, hostile, even murderous policing, but Spiro Agnew had it right. Without suburban integration, something barely on today’s public policy agenda, ghetto conditions will persist, giving rise to aggressive policing and the riots that inevitably ensue. Like Ferguson before it, Baltimore will not be the last such conflagration the nation needlessly experiences."

You won't read all this, you'll pretend the information doesn't exist or it's fake. You will continue posting ignorance because it's what you want to believe. But these links reveal just a small bit of what you don't know.

Stuff it, the subprime shit lays at the feet of Bill and Hill.Why can't you people EVER take responsibility for your own fuck ups?

Forum List

Back