Bakery Owners Refuse to Pay Gay Extortionists

Zander

Platinum Member
Sep 10, 2009
Los Angeles CA
Good for them!!

The owners of an Oregon bakery are refusing to pay $135,000 in state-ordered damages to a same-sex couple who were denied service.

Melissa and Aaron Klein, owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa, cited religious beliefs when they refused to bake a wedding cake for Laurel and Rachel Bowman-Cryer more than two years ago.

The couple were awarded the damages in July by Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian for emotional suffering, saying the owners had violated the women’s civil rights by discriminating on the basis of their sexual orientation. They were also slapped with a gag order that prohibited them from speaking publicly about their refusal to participate in or bake wedding cakes for same-sex marriages.

Oregon bakery owners refuse to pay damages in gay wedding cake case

Good for them!!

The owners of an Oregon bakery are refusing to pay $135,000 in state-ordered damages to a same-sex couple who were denied service.

Melissa and Aaron Klein, owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa, cited religious beliefs when they refused to bake a wedding cake for Laurel and Rachel Bowman-Cryer more than two years ago.

The couple were awarded the damages in July by Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian for emotional suffering, saying the owners had violated the women’s civil rights by discriminating on the basis of their sexual orientation. They were also slapped with a gag order that prohibited them from speaking publicly about their refusal to participate in or bake wedding cakes for same-sex marriages.

I'm sure that'll do it. State'll just forget about it now of course and the gay guy'll go do other things. ;)

Good for them!!

so they'll be held in contempt and interest will keep accruing. gee, that'll show 'em

I'm gonna take trip to Oregon, find me a gay baker, and have them bake me a wedding cake that says "the religious sacrament of marriage is between a man and a woman". Think I'll get a $135k pay day when they refuse?

I'm gonna take trip to Oregon, find me a gay baker, and have them bake me a wedding cake that says "the religious sacrament of marriage is between a man and a woman". Think I'll get a $135k pay day when they refuse?

You'll be arrested for harassment.

Forum List

Back