Owners refuse to show $750,000 house to gay couple

53127043-10419543-image-m-53_1642616381241.jpg

• Luke Whitehouse and his partner Lachlan Mantell spotted the three-bed, semi-detached cottage as they looked to get on the property ladder
  • The couple who have been together for eight years contacted the vendors to arrange a viewing
  • Owners Luke Main, 33, a builder and his wife, Cambridge University medical physicist Dr Joanna Brunker, 34, asked them what their circumstances were
  • But when they explained that they are a gay couple, the owners refused to let them even view the house, let alone buy it
  • They cited passages from the Bible and said they could not sell the house to 'two men in a partnership.'
  • Fuming Luke, 34, told MailOnline: 'Initially for the first 10 seconds I laughed. I thought it was a joke.'
  • Estate agents Purple Bricks who were selling the property dropped the vendors as clients and apologised to Luke
  • But when contacted by MailOnline, Mr Main said he would have to speak to his wife, adding: 'Not that we're ashamed of what we said in any way'

If gays offered you your asking price on a house, would you sell it to them?
The house is owned by a private party, right?

The house is owned by a private party, right?
I disagree.
White people elected Obama President.
White people ended segregation.
White people passed civil rights laws.
White people today are not the enemy of Black people.
The enemies of Black people today mostly come from within the Black community.

X

As far as the house goes...yes, it's owned by a private party.
A private party who wants to sell it to another party...for money, six bags of apples, or 5 kisses.
It matters not the payment...but for the new party to be the legal owner the title has to be transferred...enter the govt man and his laws.

Last edited:

• Luke Whitehouse and his partner Lachlan Mantell spotted the three-bed, semi-detached cottage as they looked to get on the property ladder
  • The couple who have been together for eight years contacted the vendors to arrange a viewing
  • Owners Luke Main, 33, a builder and his wife, Cambridge University medical physicist Dr Joanna Brunker, 34, asked them what their circumstances were
  • But when they explained that they are a gay couple, the owners refused to let them even view the house, let alone buy it
  • They cited passages from the Bible and said they could not sell the house to 'two men in a partnership.'
  • Fuming Luke, 34, told MailOnline: 'Initially for the first 10 seconds I laughed. I thought it was a joke.'
  • Estate agents Purple Bricks who were selling the property dropped the vendors as clients and apologised to Luke
  • But when contacted by MailOnline, Mr Main said he would have to speak to his wife, adding: 'Not that we're ashamed of what we said in any way'

Jessie Smollet... is that you?

What I don't understand is why Luke didn't change his last name to Brownhouse and what is the other guy drinking, a peniscalada?

Forum List

Back