Bad Cop, No Donut

Who gives the police "authority"

Simple answer, you do. By chosing to live in a lawful society, you chose to have a body with the authority to endorse those laws.

If you choose to enjoy the protection and benefits of a lawful society, you must accept there is a body that enforces that law.

Some people see themselves comfortable living in total anarchy. But, Total anarchy only appeals to those who see themselves able to use it to oppress the weak. In other words, bullies.

Many of those who see police as sanctioned bullies are only angry that the police prevent them from being unsanctioned bullies.

Preposterous.

Let's agree that we need laws and order in our society. Further, let's agree that there is a need of a system to address rule breakers. However, from here we diverge rather significantly. Because before you can enforce the rules, you must obey the rules. Without that condition, there is not a justice system, it is merely a form of the aforementioned anarchy. The rules are whatever those in power say they are, and you had better shut up and like it or else. In other words, the bullies you imagine you are preventing from taking over, are in fact in charge.

Without that making sure that the enforcers follow the rules, you are left with using Lucky Luciano to get Al Capone. The crooks are in charge, but they just aren't as bad as the crooks they are getting.

That is the rub with the current system. The bullies in charge regularly manipulate the rules, and regularly violate those same rules. Then when someone objects, they start saying someone has to do the job, and we're human and make mistakes. Mistakes are understandable, one of my rules is to forgive an honest mistake. An honest mistake never has a lie attached to it. Ever.

Corruption can be found in every police department in the country. It doesn't matter how big or how small the department is, they all have crooked cops who assume they are above the law. Working right next to them, and knowing what they are, are the so called "good cops". These "good cops" rarely rat out their "brothers in blue" and, when they do, they get punished for it. Punishment can be anything from ostracization to loss of their jobs to being murdered. There are no good cops. If there were, there would be no bad cops.

National Sheriff of the Year CONVICTED in Massive Conspiracy — Facing 20 Years

Los Angeles, CA — It’s often been said (so much so it’s now become cliche’) there are only a few bad apples in the police force. Well, if that’s true, this next story serves to illustrate the entire apple tree is corrupt. Los Angeles county is the most populated county in the U.S., with over 10,000,000 citizens calling LA their home. And on Wednesday, their former sheriff was found guilty of three different felonies for his role in a corruption cover-up.
Read more at National Sheriff of the Year CONVICTED in Massive Conspiracy — Facing 20 Years

Who gives the police "authority"

Simple answer, you do. By chosing to live in a lawful society, you chose to have a body with the authority to endorse those laws.

If you choose to enjoy the protection and benefits of a lawful society, you must accept there is a body that enforces that law.

Some people see themselves comfortable living in total anarchy. But, Total anarchy only appeals to those who see themselves able to use it to oppress the weak. In other words, bullies.

Many of those who see police as sanctioned bullies are only angry that the police prevent them from being unsanctioned bullies.

Preposterous.

Let's agree that we need laws and order in our society. Further, let's agree that there is a need of a system to address rule breakers. However, from here we diverge rather significantly. Because before you can enforce the rules, you must obey the rules. Without that condition, there is not a justice system, it is merely a form of the aforementioned anarchy. The rules are whatever those in power say they are, and you had better shut up and like it or else. In other words, the bullies you imagine you are preventing from taking over, are in fact in charge.

Without that making sure that the enforcers follow the rules, you are left with using Lucky Luciano to get Al Capone. The crooks are in charge, but they just aren't as bad as the crooks they are getting.

That is the rub with the current system. The bullies in charge regularly manipulate the rules, and regularly violate those same rules. Then when someone objects, they start saying someone has to do the job, and we're human and make mistakes. Mistakes are understandable, one of my rules is to forgive an honest mistake. An honest mistake never has a lie attached to it. Ever.

And that's where we disagree.

There are just under 1 Million police officers in this country.

How many examples, in one single year, can you show of these police that break the laws? 10? 20 even? That's if you are lucky.

You point to crooked police officers, and the examples I've seen, thus far, are less than 5.

Less than a dozen in a million, is really darn good.

Trashing the reputation of a million people, over the mistakes of under a dozen, is ridiculous. Funny how the anti-racists, and anti-Islamophobia, and anti-homophobia people, all scream and foam at the mouth over using a few single example, to slander millions of people.

Yet you are doing exactly that, right here. You are no better than any of those bigots.

And worse, you are actually creating the very problem you are complaining about. I was reading where some cities (Chicago for example), is now lowering it's standards on what type of people they will hire to be in the police force.

Why? Because no good person wants a job where they accused without cause of being "bullies in charge regularly manipulate the rules, and regularly violate those same rules", before you have ever met them, or know anything about them.

So standards go down because they have to have officers.... and of course with lower standards you end up with more corrupt cops, and then you whine and complain more, when the problem is YOU.

Above the law?
Above the law.

CONTACT 13: Disgraced CCSD cop keeps job

LAS VEGAS (KTNV) - A school police officer under investigation for lying, threats and cover up gets to keep his job because of a "minor notification oversight" by the Clark County School District.

Contact 13 has been on the case since last summer.

Detective Christopher Klemp headed up the School Police Internal Affairs division until he himself became the target of an internal affairs investigation.

CONTACT 13: Disgraced CCSD cop keeps job

[

How many examples, in one single year, can you show of these police that break the laws? 10? 20 even? That's if you are lucky.

You point to crooked police officers, and the examples I've seen, thus far, are less than 5.

Trashing the reputation of a million people, over the mistakes of under a dozen, is ridiculous. Funny how the anti-racists, and anti-Islamophobia, and anti-homophobia people, all scream and foam at the mouth over using a few single example, to slander millions of people.

Yet you are doing exactly that, right here. You are no better than any of those bigots.

And worse, you are actually creating the very problem you are complaining about. I was reading where some cities (Chicago for example), is now lowering it's standards on what type of people they will hire to be in the police force.

Why? Because no good person wants a job where they accused without cause of being "bullies in charge regularly manipulate the rules, and regularly violate those same rules", before you have ever met them, or know anything about them.

So standards go down because they have to have officers.... and of course with lower standards you end up with more corrupt cops, and then you whine and complain more, when the problem is YOU.

Andy, I agree and disagree.

There are thousands of cases of cops engaged in crime each year, and they represent the smallest tip of a massive iceberg.

That said, this is mostly a problem with larger cities, where cops are really just another street gang. Los Angeles is no doubt the most corrupt city in the nation, with Chicago and New York close behind. We saw with the Lee Baca debacle just how institutionalized the corruption is in LA. The mistake is in deluding ourselves into thinking that this is isolated. Baca got caught, that is the only difference. Job #1 for LASD is to sell drugs. They do this in collusion with LAPD. The feds nabbed them in this case, but the Sheriffs still run drugs in the jails and prisons. They still battle competing drug pushers and murder, kidnap, steal with no regard for the laws that are passed on the public.

[

Andy, I agree and disagree.

There are thousands of cases of cops engaged in crime each year, and they represent the smallest tip of a massive iceberg.

That said, this is mostly a problem with larger cities, where cops are really just another street gang. Los Angeles is no doubt the most corrupt city in the nation, with Chicago and New York close behind. We saw with the Lee Baca debacle just how institutionalized the corruption is in LA. The mistake is in deluding ourselves into thinking that this is isolated. Baca got caught, that is the only difference. Job #1 for LASD is to sell drugs. They do this in collusion with LAPD. The feds nabbed them in this case, but the Sheriffs still run drugs in the jails and prisons. They still battle competing drug pushers and murder, kidnap, steal with no regard for the laws that are passed on the public.

But see, you just destroyed your own position, and validated mine.

We are not excusing these cops, are we? It would seem the FBI was investigating, there have been prosecutions. There are people being found guilty. The judge in the case said that any sentence under 6 months was too little.

Did I not say that when we find corrupt police, we prosecute them? Yes I did.

So your idea that we support police acting corruptly, and have no problem with bad officers.... your own citation disproves that.

[

We are not excusing these cops, are we? It would seem the FBI was investigating, there have been prosecutions. There are people being found guilty. The judge in the case said that any sentence under 6 months was too little.

So your idea that we support police acting corruptly, and have no problem with bad officers.... your own citation disproves that.

The 99% corrupt cops are giving the rest a bad name.

We nearly always excuse bad cops, most of the time we let them continue as cops.

[

The 99% corrupt cops are giving the rest a bad name.

We nearly always excuse bad cops, most of the time we let them continue as cops.

The 99% of corrupt posters are giving the rest a bad name.

We nearly always excuse bad posters who lie about all the police being bad, and let them continue posting.

Last I checked in this country you are innocent until proven guilty, and the includes all people, and unless you are an idiots, police are people too.

When you PROVE it... then we'll talk. But every time you prove it, you post a link showing a cop going to jail.

You want to conclusively prove 99% of cops are corrupt... be my guest. But until you prove it, you are just a corrupt poster claiming everyone is corrupt without evidence.

Do bad cops get prosecuted or do they get forgiven when they "get their freak on"?

Cops Force Woman to Perform a Field Sobriety Test Naked from the Waist Down — Lawsuit

Avondale, AZ — A Phoenix woman is suing the town and two Avondale police officers for forcing her to perform a field sobriety test while being naked from the waist down.

The woman, who suffers from incontinence, had soiled herself earlier and removed her pants and underwear on her way home from the Phoenix International Raceway. The woman, whose identity is being protected, repeatedly asked officers Ronal Bergeron and Justin Iwen to at least be able to put back on her soiled clothes, but was denied at every request. According to ABC15:
Read more at Cops Force Woman to Perform a Field Sobriety Test Naked from the Waist Down — Lawsuit

The following article/link comes from a main stream media site so the severity of the threat and that it was in fact against a baby is played down. Haven't found anything saying the cop was charged for his crimes. Probably won't be.

Kansas Cop Fired After Threatening Dallas Woman on Facebook

A Kansas police officer was fired Sunday after threatening a Dallas woman and her 5-year-old daughter on Facebook, authorities said.

The threat came after a sniper opened fire on a protest in Dallas, killing five police officers and wounding seven more.

In a statement, Overland Park Police Chief Francis Donchez Jr. said an investigation concluded that "it was obvious that our officer did not meet the standards of professionalism" at the department.

Kansas Cop Fired After Threatening Dallas Woman on Facebook

What is it with cops abusing children? The following story and the two I posted above are all child abuse articles. I have gotten so use to reading and reporting on such articles that fact completely missed my attention until now.

Yes, I will say it again: FUCK THE POLICE!

DC Police Chief “Mishandled” Case of Multiple Men Raping 11-Yr-Old Child: Reports

Alarming reports have surfaced according to which DC Police Chief Peter Newsham allowed an 11-yr-old child to be charged even though she was raped by multiple men.

Chief Newsham’s history is peppered with scandals,
according to reports.
In the 1990s and the 2000s he faced allegations ranging from violent domestic abuse to mass unconstitutional arrests of 400 citizens.

What is particularly disturbing is a report about mishandling of sexual assault cases while Newsham was involved.

DC Police Chief "Mishandled" Case of Multiple Men Raping 11-Yr-Old Child

Another baby killing thug in blue gets a reduced conviction after slaughtering a 6 year old. My stomach turns.

GUILTY! Cop Convicted in Gruesome Killing of 6-Year-Old Jeremy Mardis

Marksville, LA — In one of the rarest moves against law enforcement excessive force, former Louisiana police Officer Derrick Stafford has been found guilty of manslaughter and attempted manslaughter in the horrific fatal shooting of a six-year-old with autism on November 3, 2015.

Stafford had been charged with murder and second-degree murder.

Read more at GUILTY! Cop Convicted in Gruesome Killing of 6-Year-Old Jeremy Mardis

Notice several cops were involved in a cover up in this killing and only one has been charged with any wrong doing? Notice, also, all of the other cops are still employed as cops? Yes, cops are above the law.

Cop Who Murdered Teen and Covered It up Indicted on 16 Charges

(ANTIMEDIA) Chicago, IL — The former Chicago police officer accused of murder in the shooting death of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald has been charged with 16 additional counts of aggravated battery with a firearm.

The new charges against former officer Jason Van Dyke were issued by a grand jury and unsealed Thursday by a special prosecutor, according to local media. Van Dyke also faces six counts of murder and one count of official misconduct. Special prosecutor John McMahon assured the court the new charges were not an attempt to correct what the defense has called errors in the initial charges. He gave no other explanation for the move.

Cop Who Murdered Teen and Covered It up Indicted on 16 Charges

Another baby killing thug in blue gets a reduced conviction after slaughtering a 6 year old. My stomach turns.

Marksville, LA — In one of the rarest moves against law enforcement excessive force, former Louisiana police Officer Derrick Stafford has been found guilty of manslaughter and attempted manslaughter in the horrific fatal shooting of a six-year-old with autism on November 3, 2015.

Read more at GUILTY! Cop Convicted in Gruesome Killing of 6-Year-Old Jeremy Mardis

I saw this story earlier today. It is what got me to thinking about posting my air crash investigation thread. In Oklahoma police shot a man getting out of his truck with his wallet in his hand. Hands up and he was shot and the shooting was justified after a long investigation. John Geer was shot with his hands up, and it took two years to get the cop charged.

It's sort of like shooting craps. Anything but snake eyes and you're still in the game.

I saw this story earlier today. It is what got me to thinking about posting my air crash investigation thread. In Oklahoma police shot a man getting out of his truck with his wallet in his hand. Hands up and he was shot and the shooting was justified after a long investigation. John Geer was shot with his hands up, and it took two years to get the cop charged.

It's sort of like shooting craps. Anything but snake eyes and you're still in the game.

First, I'm always skeptical of claims like this, if you tell me the name of the person, I'll look it up, and it's shocking how many times people say "nothing happened to the cop!" and I find out the cop was tried and convicted, and one was even in prison. Anyway....

Without having looked at the specific instances, there are a couple of reason why a person with their hands up, can get shot.

Having your hands up does not give you a free pass to go on a rampage, and no one can touch you.

Why people need this explained, is beyond me. If the officer has a gun pointed at you, and orders you to stop, orders you to get on the ground, and orders you to put your hands behind your back.... you need to do, exactly... *EXACTLY* what the officer orders you to do.

This idea that.... ok he said do X.... so I'm going to do whatever the crap I want.... but put my hands in the air, and now I'm magically protected, and he's not allowed to do anything to me.

If that was case, then people would be mugging, raping, stealing, and assaulting everyone... and then when the police showed up, they would just put their hands up and run away "Neener neener, my hands are up so I'm untouchable!"

It's ridiculous.

You need to do what the officer says, word for word.

Now I get it... in our culture we have terrible worthless parents, who do not teach their kids to obey their commands... so they get to be adults who don't know how to follow the orders of an officer.

But that isn't the officers fault, that parents are worthless.

[...]

[...]
Your assessment of the situation is based on a narrow, abbreviated perception and an oversimplified analysis. If you wish to have a much clearer view of this increasingly serious social problem, go here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B3M3UFQ/?tag=ff0d01-20

I assure you this book will hold your interest from the first word to the last and you will come away with an important education.

[...]

[...]
Your assessment of the situation is based on a narrow, abbreviated perception and an oversimplified analysis. If you wish to have a much clearer view of this increasingly serious social problem, go here: Rise of the Warrior Cop: The Militarization of America's Police Forces - Kindle edition by Radley Balko. Politics & Social Sciences Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

I assure you this book will hold your interest from the first word to the last and you will come away with an important education.
To cheap to buy the book? Here's a pdf link for ya.
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/users/cosm...opTheMilitarizationofAmericasPoliceForces.pdf

Forum List

Back