AZ Sheriff hires 400-person posse to hunt down Hispanics suspected to be illegals!

Didn't see anything in there that leads me to believe that there's a detain-arrest-and deport pogrom going on.

In the meantime, 900 new deputies in a metro area of 4.3 million, especially given that the feds have abandoned them, doesn't sound like a terribly excessive response.

Alright, how about the tent city he's got going on, where he's housing thousands of illegals in pink underpants?

Any thoughts on that?
They're illegals...Are they wearing the pink undies under something and just wearing their pants so low that you can see them, or is that all they get to wear?

BTW, how are the accommodations in comparison with the coyotes who smuggled them into the country?

Didn't see anything in there that leads me to believe that there's a detain-arrest-and deport pogrom going on.

In the meantime, 900 new deputies in a metro area of 4.3 million, especially given that the feds have abandoned them, doesn't sound like a terribly excessive response.

Alright, how about the tent city he's got going on, where he's housing thousands of illegals in pink underpants?

Any thoughts on that?

I see nothing wrong with it.

Actually, here is a press report from the Sheriff's office.

In it they describe training 900 new deputies for his operations, as well as describe an incident of capturing illegals in a residence.

Unfortunately it's in PDF format, which makes it difficult to cut and paste from it. Here's the link:

http://www.barriozona.com/files/ARPAIO_ANNOUNCES_14th_CRIME_SUPRESSION.pdf

They also mention the fact that the 100 Deputies he previously used (that were trained by the Department of Homeland Security), were dismissed by DHS, and their permission to carry on these activities was revoked.

From your own link:

Last week, in a separate human smuggling investigation by the Sheriff's specialized
unit, 36 hostages were found crowded for days in a single bedroom inside a Phoenix
home with virtually no food or water. Hostages told sheriff's deputies they were
routinely threatened by smugglers that they would be killed if family members did not
pay the kidnapper’s fees.

So you think those 36 illegals should have been left in that hostage situation while the smugglers remained free?

Any thoughts on that?

Are the pink underpants silk or cotton?

thomaspinkpanties-745443.jpg

i see nothing that he is targeting hispanics

i see nothing that says he is violating any law

i see nothing that says he has ever been convicted of violating any law

i see something that indicates he was doing this before the new law

i see he appears to be enforcing federal law, which is completely legal....now, if only the feds would get their act together and maintain the borders...bush dropped the ball, we all know mccain would have done shit, except grant amnesty, and now obama doesn't care, because the poor congress is tired because obama has worked them "hard" this year

i see nothing that he is targeting hispanics

i see nothing that says he is violating any law

i see nothing that says he has ever been convicted of violating any law

i see something that indicates he was doing this before the new law

i see he appears to be enforcing federal law, which is completely legal....now, if only the feds would get their act together and maintain the borders...bush dropped the ball, we all know mccain would have done shit, except grant amnesty, and now obama doesn't care, because the poor congress is tired because obama has worked them "hard" this year
The liberal idiots just can't seem to grasp reality.

You can bet that these morons wouldn't be saying a friggin' word if their beloved nanny of a BIG OL' federal government were enforcing the law.

We know damn good and well that if their beloved piece of shit messiah claimed the fed's were now going to aggressively enforce the law they would be singing in praise.

Liberals are hypocritical friggin' idiots, nothing more!:cuckoo:

So basically, not only is the Sheriff going after illegals (whoo hoo), he's also creating 400 jobs! Excellent work, Sheriff Joe.

Any thoughts on that?
Yeah, it's a great thing. I notice how you fail to mention that even those criminals who are here LEGALLY are also wearing pink underwear.

It's also quite cool that the Sheriffs department uses pink cuffs when arresting the criminal cockroaches.

And, to illustrate everything that I've been talking about concerning potential abuses of this law we have:

Sheriff Joe Arpario, who has hired 400 deputies in a sort of permanent posse to search for and arrest Hispanics suspected of being illegal immigrants.

Here's an interesting read on the Sheriff's other abuses:

Crackdown inspired by toughest sheriff in US - Americas, World - The Independent

Excerpts from Crackdown inspired by toughest sheriff in US, By David Usborne:

Hispanics in Phoenix, Arizona, live on the patch of a man they call the "toughest sheriff in America", who, in his own way, has already been implementing many of the measures now contained in the new, state-wide immigration Bill.

He is Joe Arpaio, and stands as a symbol of what mortifies so many people about the new law – he is under investigation by the Justice Department for alleged civil rights abuses – and of the reasons it passed in the first place. And why the Governor, Janet Brewer, signed it. That's because Mr Arpaio, 77, does better with the voters the harsher he plays it. In November 2008 he was elected to serve as county sheriff for the fifth time.

In his first terms in office, Mr Arpaio was not focused on illegal immigration so much as crime generally. He rose to national prominence by opening his now infamous "tent city" prison in Phoenix, which remains in business today and was toured by this reporter last summer. Inmates boil under the canvas of army surplus tents, wear pink underclothes and sleep on pink sheets. Some work on chain gangs.

Mr Arpaio acknowledged his tactics had meant that some Hispanics had become afraid even to go to church. But that was what he wanted. By his own calculation, he and his deputies had managed to drive as many as half of all the illegal immigrants out of the city.

****Note: this thread replaces the previous one that was rightly deleted for copyrighted content - Vast.

SS v2? this time with better weapons?

Any thoughts on that?

He's also housing many more legal citizens of the US in that tent city, because they're also CRIMINALS. That's why any illegals there happen to be there: they committed crimes.

What would you like him to do with them?

Any thoughts on that?
They're illegals...Are they wearing the pink undies under something and just wearing their pants so low that you can see them, or is that all they get to wear?

BTW, how are the accommodations in comparison with the coyotes who smuggled them into the country?

Maricopa County issues pink underwear to its inmates to wear under their jail uniforms because undergarments stamped as property of the Maricopa County Jail used to be considered something of a status symbol on the outside. "Look at me, I've been in jail, I'm a bad, dangerous guy" sort of thing. They're a lot less status-y now that they're pink.

Any thoughts on that?

Maricopa County issues pink underwear to its inmates to wear under their jail uniforms because undergarments stamped as property of the Maricopa County Jail used to be considered something of a status symbol on the outside. "Look at me, I've been in jail, I'm a bad, dangerous guy" sort of thing. They're a lot less status-y now that they're pink.

When I was in prison here in Texas, we had to puchase our underclothes, and we were able to take them with us upon release. But that was over 35 years ago, not sure if things have changed since then or not.

FTR I was granted a full pardon by Gov. Mark White.

And, to illustrate everything that I've been talking about concerning potential abuses of this law we have:

Sheriff Joe Arpario, who has hired 400 deputies in a sort of permanent posse to search for and arrest Hispanics suspected of being illegal immigrants.

Crackdown inspired by toughest sheriff in US - Americas, World - The Independent

Hispanics in Phoenix, Arizona, live on the patch of a man they call the "toughest sheriff in America", who, in his own way, has already been implementing many of the measures now contained in the new, state-wide immigration Bill.

He is Joe Arpaio, and stands as a symbol of what mortifies so many people about the new law – he is under investigation by the Justice Department for alleged civil rights abuses – and of the reasons it passed in the first place. And why the Governor, Janet Brewer, signed it. That's because Mr Arpaio, 77, does better with the voters the harsher he plays it. In November 2008 he was elected to serve as county sheriff for the fifth time.

In his first terms in office, Mr Arpaio was not focused on illegal immigration so much as crime generally. He rose to national prominence by opening his now infamous "tent city" prison in Phoenix, which remains in business today and was toured by this reporter last summer. Inmates boil under the canvas of army surplus tents, wear pink underclothes and sleep on pink sheets. Some work on chain gangs.

Mr Arpaio acknowledged his tactics had meant that some Hispanics had become afraid even to go to church. But that was what he wanted. By his own calculation, he and his deputies had managed to drive as many as half of all the illegal immigrants out of the city.

****Note: this thread replaces the previous one that was rightly deleted for copyrighted content - Vast.

ROFLMNAO!

GO JOE!

Well, if Joe has driven 50% of the Illegals out of Pheonix, then he's halfway done.

Let's not lose site of the fact that Illegals do not have a right to go to church in Pheonix.

Sheriff Joe is the truest essence of an American. He dismisses entirely, the 'feelings' of the Ideological Left... He rejects the specious rationalizations by the Progressives that Illegals have RIGHTS...

ILLEGALS HAVE NO RIGHTS, beyond the basic human rights common to ALL human beings... NOT ONE OF WHICH ENTITLES THEM TO COME TO THE UNITED STATES AND DEMAND THAT THEIR EXISTENCE BE SUBSIDIZED BY SOMEONE ELSE!

Of course, NO ONE has such a right... thus the reason that the Moderate Centrist Mainstream Progressives (AKA: Anti-Americans) HATE HIS ASS!

Any thoughts on that?

Yeah... I have a thought... The Tent City is OLD NEWS... and it's inhabitants are HARDLY limited to Illegals... Tent City is TRULY:

Equal Opportunity Housing

ROFLMNAO!

GO JOE!

Well, if Joe has driven 50% of the Illegals out of Pheonix, then he's halfway done.

Let's not lose site of the fact that Illegals do not have a right to go to church in Pheonix.

Sheriff Joe is the truest essence of an American. He dismisses entirely, the 'feelings' of the Ideological Left... He rejects the specious rationalizations by the Progressives that Illegals have RIGHTS...

ILLEGALS HAVE NO RIGHTS, beyond the basic human rights common to ALL human beings... NOT ONE OF WHICH ENTITLES THEM TO COME TO THE UNITED STATES AND DEMAND THAT THEIR EXISTENCE BE SUBSIDIZED BY SOMEONE ELSE!

Of course, NO ONE has such a right... thus the reason that the Moderate Centrist Mainstream Progressives (AKA: Anti-Americans) HATE HIS ASS!
Actually, I believe we should give the illegals 2 rights.

1) The right to a free bus ride back to the shithole they came from.

2) The right to a free baloney sandwich to eat on the bus ride back to the shithole they came from.

ROFLMNAO!

GO JOE!

Actually, I believe we should give the illegals 2 rights.

1) The right to a free bus ride back to the shithole they came from.

2) The right to a free baloney sandwich to eat on the bus ride back to the shithole they came from.

I'd like to agree with the Jester... But I can't...

I'd have to classify the Busride and the Baloney sandwich as charity...

What we should do, is chain them up... and walk their asses back to the border in chain-gang fashion.

Giving them a RIGHT to a bus ride and baloney snadwich, entitles them to such which they otherwise do not deserve.

Damn Lonestar, you may want to delete that post.

That gives some people waaaay to much personal information to use in future attacks on your character.

I'm going to pretend I didn't see that, myself.

They can attack all they want, I have no shame in what I've been through in life. I was in prison for over two years serving a five year sentence on an aggravated assault w/intent conviction. I was 17 at the time of conviction, 16 at the time of the assault, pardoned at 24.

Forum List

Back