Ayn Rands SS checks

New Statesman - We the Living

The heroine tells a Bolshevik admirer, "I admire your methods. I loathe your ideals", and later asks him, "What are the masses but mud to be ground underfoot, fuel to be burned for those who deserve it?" One of the few writers of fiction to succeed in making the Bolsheviks seem attractive, Rand did not hate the new Soviet regime because it oppressed the masses. She hated it because she believed it did not oppress the masses enough.

Allowing the masses to be trampled underfoot was what Ayn Rand thought was perfectly acceptable policy.

New Statesman - We the Living

The heroine tells a Bolshevik admirer, "I admire your methods. I loathe your ideals", and later asks him, "What are the masses but mud to be ground underfoot, fuel to be burned for those who deserve it?" One of the few writers of fiction to succeed in making the Bolsheviks seem attractive, Rand did not hate the new Soviet regime because it oppressed the masses. She hated it because she believed it did not oppress the masses enough.
:lol: I can see why Dud is such a big fan of hers.

That is why they chose a republic instead of a direct democracy.

In a republic its only money in the hands of a few buying the system you need to fear.

In a pure democracy, it's the power of the mob that destroys liberty.

Or, as Tocqueville called it "the tyranny of the majority".

What we have now is the "tyranny of a minority" which rigs the game in its favor and poses as the majority.

Forum List

Back