Average Lawmaker 18x Richer Than Average American Household

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
111315cashmoneycongress2.jpg

My question is: Is this because only the wealthy can seek public office? Or do those in public office take undue/unfair advantage of their positions? And, politicians from which party have gained the most from their time in office?

Two outstanding examples are middle-class Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid who are now multimillionaires.

Read the full story @ Prison Planet.com Study Average Lawmaker 18x Richer Than Average American Household

The wealthy, connected people always have a better chance of winning. Then they get to decide how much pay and benefits they receive.

Imagine how better your life would be if employees voted on their own salaries and perks with no regard to those who had to foot the bill.

Some are wealthy before they go to Washington, but those who become wealthy while they serve should be investigated. They bitch about their salaries and claim it's the minimum they need to get by, so if they come out millionaires, we know something is very wrong.

At last count, there were more wealthy Dems than Repubs, which makes me laugh considering which party vilifies the wealthy people in this country.

Can anyone document a case where any politician in recent memory left office poorer than when he entered?
I heard Clinton was dead broke when he left office. :D

Last edited:
The better paid a politician is, the harder they are to bribe.

Can anyone document a case where any politician in recent memory left office poorer than when he entered?
I heard Clinton was dead broke when he left office.
I heard he did not have sex with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky.

I heard he didn't inhale.

I heard he didn't inhale.

Did Monica swallow?

Forum List

Back