August 11 2011 Republican debate Thread

What a fantastic answer by Cain on taxes and growth. :eusa_clap:

Cut taxes for corporations? He was asked 'what happens if they give corporations tax breaks but the corporations give out dividends. His answer? Let them. It's their money.

He's right.

Even if that money goes to dividends...it's still money coming back into our economy.

I know what you're going to say...a liberal class warfare attack of "It will go into the pockets of the evil rich".

Allow me to preempt that.

Let's say for the sake of argument that "The Rich" get every penny of that money.

What will they do with it.

The possibilities...they'll spend it, they'll invest it, or they will save it in banks where it will be loaned or invested.

No matter which of those things occur, it will be good for the economy.

Rebut that.

While Huntsman was talking about how great his record as Governor of Utah was I just kept thinking to myself how great it would be to hear Gary Johnson's response.

Paul supports nuclear weapons for Iran
if they want to develop a nuclear weapon, that is their right

The man is scary on foreign policy

Paul does not have a prayer

I have to say that I don't plan on voting for any of these people come election day, but, of all of them, Romney and Paul lost any opportunity of winning my vote tonight.

It sounded to me like Paul thought it would be a grand idea if we just gave the damned technology to the Iranians. I mean WTH?

Immie

I have to say that I don't plan on voting for any of these people come election day, but, of all of them, Romney and Paul lost any opportunity of winning my vote tonight.

It sounded to me like Paul thought it would be a grand idea if we just gave the damned technology to the Iranians. I mean WTH?

Immie

It shouldn't have sounded like that, because that would be ridiculous.

I'd like to see the Federal Reserve Audited and Transparent. Too much manipulation going on for far too long.

Romney says we need an "unemployment" account. Is that a new "tax"?

Depends... if he tries to set it up like Social Security then it would be.

If it were set up like HSA's then no. The idea of it being like an HSA would be the only good idea he came up with.

Immie

Mitt Tried to target Obama all night, no one else and I think it's going to hurt him. He is the #1 and he is more like #3.. A back up, your VP maybe.

I would not be surprised if Bachmann is not the VP candidate. Shoot for the first female VP again. In tonight's debate she actually improved her standings as far as I was concerned. I don't think she is presidential material but she did hold her own.

I also loved the way she copped out of her answer about being submissive to her husband. It was a good answer but she really avoided the inference of the question.

Immie

Those of you saying Paul wants Iran to have nuclear weapons don't understand his position at all.

I didn't get the impression he wants them to have it. He made it clear he doesn't care either way.
He made it clear that US policy of policing the world is only going to encourage Iran to use nuclear weapons against us when they do obtain them.

Immie

It shouldn't have sounded like that, because that would be ridiculous.

I know it is ridiculous but damned he did everything but say it.

Immie

Forum List

Back