ATTN Deniers: computer models - should we trust them?

Can you show me one single laboratory experiment that show an increase in temperature from a 200PPM increase in CO2?

Just one experiment.

Apples and atom bombs.

Gullible warming doomsayers are attempting to use computer models to run the lives of everyone on the planet based upon an indeterminate "threat", not make educated guesses about how to deal with water that is already on the ground.

failboat.jpg

Can you show me one single laboratory experiment that show an increase in temperature from a 200PPM increase in CO2?

Just one experiment.

The increase in CO2 does not directly heat the air. You've obviously got some severe misunderstandings about a theory you erroneously think you know something about.

I know, it's the water vapor that's been doing it, but thanks for finally being honest

• Banned

Just one experiment.

The increase in CO2 does not directly heat the air. You've obviously got some severe misunderstandings about a theory you erroneously think you know something about.

I know, it's the water vapor that's been doing it, but thanks for finally being honest

Is stupidity a hobby of yours?

As we have said for a while in other computer models: Let's see the raw data and code so it can be replicated. Mann/Hansen/Jones have done everything possible to hide the truth in fact they don't have the raw data, and the code is severely flawed. If the data and code are clean and the results are repeatable, it is trust-able. The conclusions will be left till after the results are verified.

But does this imply truthiness to M/H/J? nope. none what so ever. Only that these scientists may have gotten it right. But perhaps not. We'll see over time.

but thank you for attempting wit. I see you still need practice.

"The increase in CO2 does not directly heat the air."

Um, OK, so there's Global Warming but its not from additional CO2 heating the air, right?

Water Vapor : 4% of atmosphere with high insulation values

CO2 : 0.6% of atmosphere with low insulation values.

Spudtuber, you've really gotta see someone about your OCD related illness.

Just one experiment.

Whoops. :lol:

As we have said for a while in other computer models: Let's see the raw data and code so it can be replicated.

OK, no problem. Here's the code to several models

RealClimate: Data Sources

Downloadable codes for some of the GCMs.

* GISS ModelE (AR4 version, current snapshot)
* NCAR CCSM(Version 3.0, CCM3 (older vintage))
* EdGCM Windows based version of an older GISS model.
* Uni. Hamburg (SAM, PUMA and PLASIM)
* NEMO Ocean Model
* GFDL Models
* MIT GCM

Replicate away. I hope your computer has at least a few hundred processors on it, you might have to wait a while if not.

"The increase in CO2 does not directly heat the air."

Um, OK, so there's Global Warming but its not from additional CO2 heating the air, right?

Do you understand the term "directly" ? If you seriously are this ignorant with regards to what AGW even says, what are you doing here?

Water Vapor : 4% of atmosphere with high insulation values

CO2 : 0.6% of atmosphere with low insulation values.

Spudtuber, you've really gotta see someone about your OCD related illness.

Why don't you ingest an ounce of arsenic for fun. It won't hurt you, that's less than 1/10th of 1 percent of a human's body weight.

ATTN Deniers: computer models - should we trust them?

The thing about "computer models" is they are already used all the time.

Airplane crashes for safety studies are simulated on computers.

Car crashes for safety studies are simulated on computers.

A million simulations can be run in the time it takes to set up one crash.

So, do engineers rely on solely on "computer simulations"? Of course not.

Cars are still crashed. Planes are still crashed. But only to "validate" the simulation.

The difference of a computer simulation of the entire world and a "car crash" is the weight difference between a grain of sand and Mt. St. Helen's.

Conservatives and science - a situation fraught with humor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back