Attn: California Absentee Ballots $.65 Postage Required

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
In most counties, $.65 postage will be required to mail in your ballots. Otherwise, this will be a handy way to disqualify (mostly GOP) absentee ballots.

"No Postage Necessary If Mailed In The United States" ... that's what it says on my envelope. Where are you getting your erroneous information?

"No Postage Necessary If Mailed In The United States" ... that's what it says on my envelope. Where are you getting your erroneous information?

Would a libtard source of choice (Daily KOS) do?

Daily Kos: CA-SoS Absentee Ballot Postage SNAFU: Bowen Strikes Back

We have a huge freaking ballot this year, with 13 statewide proposition and loads more local ones. It has made for some really long absentee ballots. Mail in voting started Tuesday. As I was driving to a Bowen fundraiser I heard an interesting piece on NPR. Evidently, the ballots are so big that it takes extra postage to mail them back. Bruce McPhereson did nothing to prepare voters for this. Now they are scrambling to cut deals with the post office and warn voters with extra mailings. It is a total mess.

From Bowen press release...
"As our Chief Elections Officer, the Secretary of State, should be a leader in developing contingency plans for everything that could possibly go wrong in an election. Instead, days after thousands of absentee ballots have been sent out across the state, McPherson is now trying to figure out how to let absentee voters know that they may need extra postage to mail in their ballots."

[snip]

"The Secretary of State knew the state portion of the ballot was unusually long for this election, so counties with a large number of local measures on their ballot would have to require their voters to use extra postage to get their ballot back to the county on time," continued Bowen. "A detailed plan to let absentee voters know about the increased postage rates should have been developed two months ago when the November ballot was finalized. Instead counties are scrambling to make deals with the post office to deliver ballots that don't have sufficient postage on them and are sending out additional mail, all wasting valuable tax dollars."

The OP should indicate "Some counties in California".

Mmm, No.

It says "with all the large number of local measures... extra postage ".
The extra postage is on TOP of regular postage.

None of CA mail in ballots are pre-paid, period.

Personally I believe that all mail in ballots should be pre-paid.

Mmm, No.

You're wrong. I quoted earlier what it says on my ballot's envelope. "No Postage Necessary If Mailed In The United States".

Last edited:
Mm, nope. You're wrong.

Here is my ballot envelope.

Attachments

• $Balllot envelope.jpg
    $Balllot envelope.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 115

Mmm, No.

You're wrong. I quoted earlier what it says on my ballot's envelope. "No Postage Necessary If Mailed In The United States".

Cool, scan your ballot envelope then.

In most counties, $.65 postage will be required to mail in your ballots. Otherwise, this will be a handy way to disqualify (mostly GOP) absentee ballots.

its all about choices.... no one is forcing them to vote absentee. You can drop off your absentee ballot....and the free option of voting at the pool is still there....

you want to vote absentee and request a mail in..... suck it up...and mail it in.

AND...i feel so fucking disenfranchised... i got to pay 65 cents!!

My return ballot envelope says: "POSTAGE REQUIRED. Post office will not deliver without proper postage. 65 c Required

It also says to sign the back and has the address for Miss Gertrude, Supervisor of Elections.

I'll pay and I'll pay with a smile on my face. :eusa_shifty: Nobody fucks with Miss Gertrude.

I'm such a lazy fuck 1% wanna-be that I'm gonna slap TWO Forever Stamps on that bitch and never look back.

Besides, not having to face-to-face with Miss Gertrude's Minions is totally worth two stamps currently valued at 90 c for the pair. :D

Mmm, No.

Daily Kos: CA-SoS Absentee Ballot Postage SNAFU: Bowen Strikes Back

California voters, make sure you know to put extra postage. Here are the counties effected: Alameda, Amador, Contra Costa, Glenn, Imperial, Kern, Merced, Monterey, Riverside, Sacramento, San Bernardino, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Ventura, and Yuba.

So, you're wrong in asserting, "None of CA mail in ballots are pre-paid, period."

Last edited:

California voters, make sure you know to put extra postage. Here are the counties effected: Alameda, Amador, Contra Costa, Glenn, Imperial, Kern, Merced, Monterey, Riverside, Sacramento, San Bernardino, San Mateo, Santa Clara, and Yuba.

So, you're wrong in asserting, "None of CA mail in ballots are pre-paid, period."

No, I am not wrong!
The reason those counties needing EXTRA postage had to do
with the large number of local measures.

"The Secretary of State knew the state portion of the ballot was unusually long for this election, so counties with a large number of local measures on their ballot would have to require their voters to use extra postage to get their ballot back to the county on time"

Read the flipping link you provided!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back