Attention working-class women! You can now buy AOC's Met Gala "tax the rich" handbag for just $995.00 (plus shipping)

$125 for an official Trump red tie!

Welcome to TrumpStore.com, the official retail website of The Trump Organization.

She's got her own merch, too. "Tax the rich" hoodies for $60.

LOL
$60?

Exactly the same price for a Trump sweatshirt!

LOL

It's not if you're a debt slave, which you clearly are.
I don't have any credit card debt and I'm just a couple years from paying off my mortgage. This will be my second paid in full mortgage as well.

Ramsey is great for people who can't handle credit cards and go nuts, that's the only people who should be listening to him. However as White 6 pointed out if an emergency happens and you need quick cash and haven't built up your reserves or just don't want to dig into them then your fucked because your credit score is trash. Also, to have credit just as a matter of convenience a credit card is necessary. You can even save money with credit cards. I currently have one where I get 55 cents off a gallon of gas. I use other cards depending on where I am shopping to get air miles or a percentage off my purchase. I just pay it off every month and there is no interest.

Anyway, didn't mean to piss on your hero.

$60?

Exactly the same price for a Trump sweatshirt!

LOL

Yup, but it doesn't say "Tax the Rich" on it. LOL

We followed Dave's baby steps, are currently on Step 7, but we too have a credit card which is paid off twice per month.
Credit card, whether Dave admits or not still important in this day and age. It is the misuse that is the problem. Son bought a new car 5 years ago. Paid off in 3. No credit card as he followed the extreme for 2 years doing nothing with credit, using cash and debit as he had lots of money and no debts anyway. Went to buy a pickup truck and had no credit. Made no sense, and he was highly and rightfully insulted, but it is what it is in the 21st century. You can have piles of cash in the bank, with steady professional income, and no debt, yet to the financial industry you are an outlier, not to be trusted.

Credit card, whether Dave admits or not still important in this day and age. It is the misuse that is the problem. Son bought a new car 5 years ago. Paid off in 3. No credit card as he followed the extreme for 2 years doing nothing with credit, using cash and debit as he had lots of money and no debts anyway. Went to buy a pickup truck and had no credit. Made no sense, and he was highly and rightfully insulted, but it is what it is in the 21st century. You can have piles of cash in the bank, with steady professional income, and no debt, yet to the financial industry you are an outlier, not to be trusted.

If he had "piles of cash in the bank", why was he trying to buy the truck on credit?

and $200 Nikes
White 6 seems to think that was funny...

Tell us, 6, how many 15-25 year olds are thinking about a paid up credit card and paid off home mortgage and a fully funded retirement and investment account?

How many are thinking about hot Nikes and designer clothes?

a paid off home mortgage and a fully funded retirement and investment account may be a status symbol in you age group, but they aren't exactly the biggest purchasers these day.

(Never have been)

What was I supposed to answer? You can say anything you want about old Bill Clinton, i don't have any reason to lose my shit over it like many of the wingnuts pretend Donald Trump is the epitome of being an American president.

Could have said they had a lot in common, but you were actually referring to Trump.

If he had "piles of cash in the bank", why was he trying to buy the truck on credit?
Thinking of buying a house. Was approved a year earlier for $350,000, but that was within a year of paying off the car ahead of schedule. Makes no sense to go from a credit rating in the high 600-low 700 range, but not using any credit at all, to being considered a pod person by the financial industry. My other son is a manager in that industry and said it is common with the extreme anti-credit crowd and he had to turn people down with similar situations. He and I are both business majors and had told him to accept one and keep it paid off, if you got to buy something big, put it on the card and pay it back off at the end of the month. Always accept higher credit limits and if you have good history even ask for higher credit limits and KEEP THEM PAID OFF. It is literally worth money in the bank or in you investment account that you are not having to dip into for short term consumer stuff.

Makes no sense to go from a credit rating in the high 600-low 700 range, but not using any credit at all, to being considered a pod person by the financial industry.

I agree, and that's because the "financial industry" exists to keep people poor and in debt. I don't know my credit score, and don't care. A credit score is actually a debt score.

Forum List

Back