attempting a bobby flay receipe tonight

I just made Martha Stewart's Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. Waiting for them to cool to put the icing on. I've only found one chocolate cake recipe that I like as much as my mother's . . . but I always give 'em a try.

http://img713.yfrog.com/i/insideq.jpg/

it tasted really awesome, but it has room for much improvement. I tried to pound the flank steak flat but as you can see it didn't quite work (it is much thinner than it was bought though), so next time I will just cut it in half but still keep it attached at the end for a really large peice of meat. This would also allow for it to wrap around another time and use more filling. I also am going to rotate it as it cooks since as you can see one half is really cooked well and the other is more medium rare. The receipe specifcally said not to rotate it but I didn't realize they were on a charchoal grill while we were on gas. withh all those fixed it will be even better than it was tonight

Grilled Beef Braciole with Grilled Tomato-Basil Relish Recipe : Bobby Flay : Food Network

I know its rated 'easy' but I am a cooking noob so it will probably be difficult for me. will document with pictures either way. it looked amazing when he cooked it on his show

I really don't like Bobby Flay much either. I get recipes from the Food Network chefs in general but I really like Tyler Florence much better. Flay foods are too pungent and make me kind of ill really.

Sandra Lee is really good for someone starting out. She makes semi-homemade foods that are really delish! (and easy)

Yfrog - insideq

it tasted really awesome, but it has room for much improvement. I tried to pound the flank steak flat but as you can see it didn't quite work (it is much thinner than it was bought though), so next time I will just cut it in half but still keep it attached at the end for a really large peice of meat. This would also allow for it to wrap around another time and use more filling. I also am going to rotate it as it cooks since as you can see one half is really cooked well and the other is more medium rare. The receipe specifcally said not to rotate it but I didn't realize they were on a charchoal grill while we were on gas. withh all those fixed it will be even better than it was tonight

Next time ask the butcher to run the flank steak through the meat tenderizer, it will save you time and trouble and make the final product very tender.

Yfrog - insideq

Next time ask the butcher to run the flank steak through the meat tenderizer, it will save you time and trouble and make the final product very tender.

It was sirloin that was called for in the recipe. Looked like flank steak to me, too!

Red velvet cupcakes are over rated.

No they're not! But I'd rather buy one than go to the work of making them. When doing cupcakes I like easy.

I find they don't have much flavor. I even used Martha Stewart's recipe because it called for 2 tblspns of cocoa vs. 1 tspn in most other recipes. They're sweet and I do get that bit of 'tang' from the buttermilk but . . . . not really much flavor. Is that how they're suppose to taste, just sweet but not really chocolate nor vanilla? (I've never had r.v.c. before).

Red velvet cupcakes are over rated.

No they're not! But I'd rather buy one than go to the work of making them. When doing cupcakes I like easy.

I find they don't have much flavor. I even used Martha Stewart's recipe because it called for 2 tblspns of cocoa vs. 1 tspn in most other recipes. They're sweet and I do get that bit of 'tang' from the buttermilk but . . . . not really much flavor. Is that how they're suppose to taste, just sweet but not really chocolate nor vanilla? (I've never had r.v.c. before).

As you stated, a hint of chocolate at the most. Really pretty complex flavor, but one is enough for me. Thus I buy them, once in awhile when I run to Naperville:

Sugar Monkey Cupcakes - Home

Yfrog - insideq

It was sirloin that was called for in the recipe. Looked like flank steak to me, too!

on the tv show he said either would work

Forum List

Back