Attempted Military Coup in Turkey

Tilly
Hatch
:funnyface:

Orrin_Hatch_official_110th_Congress_photo.jpg

And here we have Obama and Merkel supporting the status quo.
Aren't they supporting democracy?

Does democracy include imprisoning journalists and making it a crime to criticize the head of state?
So elected governments are good, unless we don't like how they govern once they are in?

So, basic human rights only count when it's not America? You'd be crying your ass off if a Republican was jailing NYT reporters.
I would be supporting the courts letting those reporters out of jail, and then I would be supporting Congress impeaching that Republican.

You know...democracy.

I think the military pushed forth with impeachment proceedings.

I read that Turkey now has nearly 2800 judges arrested and another 2800 soldiers. The people are clamouring for the death penalty to be be brought back. Also Erdogan is demanding that cleric be extradited, Kerry says they are considering it. I wonder, will Obama support Erdogan if he executes all these people? Who will be after that? The Kurds?

Interesting, Erdogan just said the coup originated in Pennsylvania, U.S. What did he mean?
Pennsylvania ave? I doubt it.

Researched it. Looks like he was talking about Fethullah Gulen. He lives in Pennsylvania, U.S.

OBama hasn't been quite stupid enough to turn the guy over to Erdogan, at least not yet, but then Erdogan knows he can wait and see if Hillary wins and just make a big 'donation' to the Clinton 'Foundation' and the guy will be delivered to him with ribbon wrapped around him.

This coup is not over yet. Just round one. Still smell Putin's hand.

"Still smell Putin's hand."

Is this a fetish then, you smelling peoples' hands? You pervy MoFo :smoke:
No. Putin's working behind scences. Not over yet.
It was over before it started.
Let's see why:
A military putsch doesn't die overnight. When one is started, the first order of business is to take the eyes and ears out of the whole country, meaning to take all radio and tv stations under control, effectively shut down all other means of communications such as, phone- and telex lines including cell phone centers, internet and scrambling all short, long wave radio signals. Apparently it never happened. In the middle of the coup the president lands on a major airport without fearing of being shot down. Now the military is not stupid to ignore those strategical steps in order to be successful. Many of he officer corps were trained in the U.S.
So the question is to ask: was the whole thing a false flag operation? Was it Erdogan's secret service setting it up in order to "legitimately" decimate the Turkish military general staff removing the obstacles to ensure no opposition to more wide spread Islamisation?
Good observation. If the officer corps was trained in U.S. Then why push the nation farther away from NATO? Only one man thinks this ruthlessly and that is Putin. He killed his own people to create state of emergency and solidify his power. See "Putin's Way" on PBS.

And that would go along with what I witnessed in the 'surrender'. They still have their rifles slung over their shoulders. Some were walking away without anyone stopping them, etc.
Apparently there is a report in Hurriyet that some soldiers are claiming they were told they were engaging in a military drill and didn't think otherwise until people started opposing and attacking them.

And that would go along with what I witnessed in the 'surrender'. They still have their rifles slung over their shoulders. Some were walking away without anyone stopping them, etc.
Apparently there is a report in Hurriyet that some soldiers are claiming they were told they were engaging in a military drill and didn't think otherwise until people started opposing and attacking them.
I agree. I saw scene after scene where soldiers with weapons were not even attempting to defend themselves against the mob, allowing themselves to be dragged from tanks (through the hatches :eusa_shifty:) without fighting back at all. Very curious.
I read also that some soldiers who surrendered were beaten to death and decapitated by the mob. Horrific.

It wasn't a Coup. It's a PURGE.

Forum List

Back