Attempted Military Coup in Turkey

Well, I think this exposes Turkey's role in the creation of ISIS.
How so?

You act like you're the expert; you tell me.
You made the comment. Explain how you think this exposes Türkiye's role in the creation of ISIS.

I don't believe Erdogan has done enough to fight them, and has managed the border very badly, but he had nothing to gain by causing instability along his own border. And I seriously doubt that he wanted to house 3 million refugees. And I REALLY doubt that he wanted to have Kurdish armies along his southern border in addition to his eastern border, getting massive aid/equipment from the U.S. to fight ISIS.

So enlighten me.

And here we have Obama and Merkel supporting the status quo.
Aren't they supporting democracy?

Does democracy include imprisoning journalists and making it a crime to criticize the head of state?
So elected governments are good, unless we don't like how they govern once they are in?

France and Russia, among others, didn't like us invading Iraq illegally - should they have supported a coup against Bush?

This coup is not over yet. Just round one. Still smell Putin's hand.

"Still smell Putin's hand."

Is this a fetish then, you smelling peoples' hands? You pervy MoFo :smoke:
No. Putin's working behind scences. Not over yet.
It was over before it started.
Let's see why:
A military putsch doesn't die overnight. When one is started, the first order of business is to take the eyes and ears out of the whole country, meaning to take all radio and tv stations under control, effectively shut down all other means of communications such as, phone- and telex lines including cell phone centers, internet and scrambling all short, long wave radio signals. Apparently it never happened. In the middle of the coup the president lands on a major airport without fearing of being shot down. Now the military is not stupid to ignore those strategical steps in order to be successful. Many of he officer corps were trained in the U.S.
So the question is to ask: was the whole thing a false flag operation? Was it Erdogan's secret service setting it up in order to "legitimately" decimate the Turkish military general staff removing the obstacles to ensure no opposition to more wide spread Islamisation?

Well, I think this exposes Turkey's role in the creation of ISIS.
How so?

You act like you're the expert; you tell me.
You made the comment. Explain how you think this exposes Türkiye's role in the creation of ISIS.

I don't believe Erdogan has done enough to fight them, and has managed the border very badly, but he had nothing to gain by causing instability along his own border. And I seriously doubt that he wanted to house 3 million refugees. And I REALLY doubt that he wanted to have Kurdish armies along his southern border in addition to his eastern border, getting massive aid/equipment from the U.S. to fight ISIS.

So enlighten me.

Eighty percent of ISIS are Turks it's said. Do you think he's cracking down on terrorism if that's the case? Nay, he's allowing his supporters to wage war on his adversaries. We can argue about just what his role is; but the culpability is there. Look at the videos of the Turk 'protesters' against the coup. You can't tell them from ISIS in the way they behaved.

Does democracy include imprisoning journalists and making it a crime to criticize the head of state?
So elected governments are good, unless we don't like how they govern once they are in?

So, basic human rights only count when it's not America? You'd be crying your ass off if a Republican was jailing NYT reporters.

Surprise....

2ryskjn.jpg
...and therein lies the key for Europe's Muslim invasion.

Look at the videos of the Turk 'protesters' against the coup. You can't tell them from ISIS in the way they behaved.
Link me to one of these videos. How did they behave?

Frankly, I couldn't tell from the video I was seeing whether the civilians near that Bosphorus Bridge were cheering the coup or upset. They were waving Turkish flags but that could mean either. I saw men thrusting their arms in the air, but that could have been cheering or it could have been anguish. I couldn't tell.

TURKEY COUP ATTEMPT -At least 265 dead, 1,440 injured -2,839 soldiers, officers arrested -2,745 judges relieved of duty

So, basic human rights only count when it's not America? You'd be crying your ass off if a Republican was jailing NYT reporters.
I would be supporting the courts letting those reporters out of jail, and then I would be supporting Congress impeaching that Republican.

You know...democracy.

Forum List

Back