Atlanta orchestra bans white white children

Ariux

Rookie
Mar 16, 2012
  • Banned
Seems stupid.

However the choirs apparently had 2 years notice that they would be showcasing more diverse choirs this year.

Seems racist, shithead. Discrimination is still discrimination, even with notice.

Last edited:
Yes it sounds stupid and overly pc.

I looked up the story and I was mistaken, they were not told they needed to be more diverse. They were told 2 years ago, that they would be capped at 4 performances. This is a new thing the orchestra is doing, inviting high school bands. These 2 bands performed 4 years in a row, after the 2nd year the orchesrta wanted to give other local high schools a chance to perform and told the bands that after the 4th year they would not be invited back.

If 2 multi-ethnic choruses had wanted to join the Atlanta Symphony and were denied because they were "too diverse".....the outrage would be palpable and at fever pitch levels. Now this would be an absolutely ridiculous reason to exclude anyone because musical ability should be the deciding factor, but it's very still applicable here.

So yeah this story is the inverse of the above and is thus just as racist. That it's blacks that are being racist is irrelevant nor does it change that fact.

Two high school choruses will reportedly not perform with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra this year because their groups are not racially-diverse enough.

Read more: Georgia high school choruses reportedly not diverse enough to perform with Atlanta orchestra | Fox News

Of course, if it were Afros given the boot, all Hell would break lose and the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra would be profusely apologizing as they're driven out of existence.

Does this mean that the Harlem Boys Choir would not have been welcome, too?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itZRfhuRJKA]Kathleen Battle - Rise Up Shepherd - Boys Chior of Harlem - YouTube[/ame]

Yes it sounds stupid and overly pc.

I looked up the story and I was mistaken, they were not told they needed to be more diverse. They were told 2 years ago, that they would be capped at 4 performances. This is a new thing the orchestra is doing, inviting high school bands. These 2 bands performed 4 years in a row, after the 2nd year the orchesrta wanted to give other local high schools a chance to perform and told the bands that after the 4th year they would not be invited back.

Link, please.

So...you are correct, and the import of the Fox story is either incorrect, or the venue received so much heat that it altered its tale:

"Update, 3:00 p.m.: According to Dr. Timothy Furnish of Woodstock, the Director of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra called him after Furnish left a heated voicemail with the ASO. Furnish says the director made no mention of racial diversity. Additionally, the director said that after four years of working with Lassiter and Walton high schools, they wanted to give other schools a chance to participate in the holiday concert."
From link.

Who is to be believed probably depends on where one sits....

Forum List

Back