Atheists want to ban the word "heaven"

Atheist are a bunch of punks. If they were truly atheist then anything religious would be a non-issue. Why get upset about shit they don't believe in?

Another proud and outspoken bigot.

Atheist want to ban the word heaven and everything else to do with Christianity and I'm a bigot?:cuckoo:

"Atheists are a bunch of punks"

Replace the word atheists with the word christians, would you call that person a bigot towards christians?

Yeah, this is pretty dimwitted. Naming a street 'heaven' is not an establishment of religion. We cannot get around the fact that Judeo-Christianity is a huge cultural backdrop to our society, and that references to ideas originating (or passing through) Judeo-Christianity are inevitable and permissible.

That said, I think some people want actions like these to justify the chip on their shoulder against atheists. I don't think it does.

Atheist want to ban the word heaven and everything else to do with Christianity and I'm a bigot?:cuckoo:

Replace the word atheists with the word christians, would you call that person a bigot towards christians?

I didn't call anyone a bigot, punk.

I know you didn't, I called you a bigot because you categorized all atheists in a negative manner. Hating gays and atheists, seems like a lot of baggage to carry around all day.

I'll ask again.

If someone said; "Christians are a bunch of punks." Would you label that person as a bigot towards christians?

I know you didn't, I called you a bigot because you categorized all atheists in a negative manner. Hating gays and atheists, seems like a lot of baggage to carry around all day.

I'll ask again.

If someone said; "Christians are a bunch of punks." Would you label that person as a bigot towards christians?

Not necessarily.

I'll ask again.

Not necessarily.

I would, if someone says Christians (implying all of them, like you did with atheists) are punks I would deem that person a bigot towards christians.

However it's 2011, in our soceity we promote bigotry towards muslims/atheists/gays, it's the soup de jeur for the current group that prefers living in fear.

I'll ask again.

Not necessarily.

I would, if someone says Christians (implying all of them, like you did with atheists) are punks I would deem that person a bigot towards christians.

However it's 2011, in our soceity we promote bigotry towards muslims/atheists/gays, it's the soup de jeur for the current group that prefers living in fear.

bigot (ˈbɪɡət)

— n
a person who is intolerant of any ideas other than his or her own, esp on religion, politics, or race

Good description of yourself.

This is America they are allowed an opinion even if you dont like it.

Good god you are a fucking moron.

These fools are trying to deny OTHERS an opinion, because they want to enforce their own religion of Atheism as the official religion of the nation - intolerant of all other faith and using the power of the federal government to crush other expressions of faith.

Atheists are far worse than any people of faith when it comes to being offended... with exception to Muslims.... As far as I'm aware, atheists don't kill people for mocking their lack of faith.

Soviet Union, Khmer Rouge, Great Leap Forward.

Atheists have murdered FAR more people for holding a different faith than even Muslims have. Atheism is the most deadly religion in human history.

Atheists are far worse than any people of faith when it comes to being offended... with exception to Muslims.... As far as I'm aware, atheists don't kill people for mocking their lack of faith.

Atheists have murdered FAR more people for holding a different faith than even Muslims have. Atheism is the most deadly religion in human history.

Here we go again with people making connections between modern atheists and Stalin.

Humans of all different religious and non-religious backgrounds have killed countless amounts of people and we'll never be able to find out who's "most at fault" for the most deaths and that's not important. It's a problem with humans, not a certain group of humans.

LOL!!! Crusades?

Compared to.....?

Most things, but particularly the slaughter of Buddhists, Christians, Jews and other religions by Stalin, Mao, Ho and Pol Pot. Mao murdered no less than 15 million Buddhists.

LOL. More people have been killed in the name of God then any stats you could possibly try and cook up to meet your needs. I'm sure that wont stop you from trying old man. Have at it.

I guess. I mean, I'm not sure a raw body count is the best measure. But sure, AUTHORITARIAN atheist regimes have been worse in the last century than notably almost entirely absent AUTHORITARIAN theocratic regimes.

Still, there's something wierd about making this point here in this thread. I mean, atheists are gathering together to suppress the word 'heaven' from a street sign. Asinine and over-the-top? Yes. Murderous or diabolical? Not so much.

Forum List

Back