Atheist Convention Cancelled Due to Lack of Interest

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Ultimately, what's the point of such a conference because what's the message? "Become an atheist, give yourself meaning and purpose. Then die and you'll never know you existed. That's it folks."

No wonder the atheist conference was cancelled. They BELIEVE there's no God; They BELIEVE life and universe arose by natural processes. Their religion is one without ultimate hope and purpose. It's ultimately a meaningless religion. Their religion has no Reason to Hope.

But there is Reason to Hope for atheists and everyone: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16). Only Christianity has that sure hope everyone needs.

Atheist Convention cancelled due to lack of interest.
Atheist Convention cancelled due to lack of interest

Actually there is a lot of interest among the people I know!

We are just organizing and communicating directly and haven't called for a public convention for a consensus.
But there is interest on local levels Weatherman2020

I have friends who are in agreement there should be an agreed truce
between theists and nontheists agreeing NOT to attack or harass people of opposing views
but to setup networks where resources and help CAN be shared across groups with or without the same faith
and NOT discriminate or segregate people from resources/support they need just because of religious divisions.

Actually there is a lot of interest among the people I know!

We are just organizing and communicating directly and haven't called for a public convention for a consensus.
But there is interest on local levels Weatherman2020

I have friends who are in agreement there should be an agreed truce
between theists and nontheists agreeing NOT to attack or harass people of opposing views
but to setup networks where resources and help CAN be shared across groups with or without the same faith
and NOT discriminate or segregate people from resources/support they need just because of religious divisions.
The atheists war on Christianity is well documented, please stop spinning. With atheists it is my way or the highway, we all know that.

But if you feel there is a lot of interest, by all means try holding another convention. There will be no protests, lawsuits or riots stopping you, unlike what atheists do to Christians.

But if you feel there is a lot of interest, by all means try holding another convention. There will be no protests, lawsuits or riots stopping you, unlike what atheists do to Christians.
No one's stopping you nailing yourself to your portable cross of martyrdom. Would you like a hand with the last tricky nail?

No one's stopping you nailing yourself to your portable cross of martyrdom. Would you like a hand with the last tricky nail?
Don't get mad at me because you atheists are so distraught.

Yeah right, like I'm the one claiming victimhood from my portable cross of martyrdom. How did you get that last tricky nail in, Act of God?
Where in the OP does it claim victimhood?

Simply mocking people who claim to know it all and have no hope or purpose.

Ultimately, what's the point of such a conference because what's the message? "Become an atheist, give yourself meaning and purpose. Then die and you'll never know you existed. That's it folks."

No wonder the atheist conference was cancelled. They BELIEVE there's no God; They BELIEVE life and universe arose by natural processes. Their religion is one without ultimate hope and purpose. It's ultimately a meaningless religion. Their religion has no Reason to Hope.

But there is Reason to Hope for atheists and everyone: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16). Only Christianity has that sure hope everyone needs.

Atheists have no religion. That's the part bible thumpers just can't understand.

Atheists have no religion. That's the part bible thumpers just can't understand.
Sure atheists have a religion.They have faith and hope there is no God.

Typical bible thumper. Refuses to accept everyone isn't just like him.

What are you talking about? If everyone was like me the world would be perfect.

what are ATHEIST social events like? -----what do atheists DO for spiritual fellowship? Are there songs? invocations of some sort? ----festive dances? ceremonial meals? awards?

what are ATHEIST social events like? -----what do atheists DO for spiritual fellowship? Are there songs? invocations of some sort? ----festive dances? ceremonial meals? awards?
Well, since most atheists are not social, it probably consists of one person sitting in front of the TV yelling at MSNBC about why isn't anyone doing something about climate change while he/she eats their kale.

Well, since most atheists are not social, it probably consists of one person sitting in front of the TV yelling at MSNBC about why isn't anyone doing something about climate change while he/she eats their kale.

raw kale in SALAD? or cooked? ------both are nauseating.
I never had portugese kale and potato and sausage soup---that might be ok

Yeah right, like I'm the one claiming victimhood from my portable cross of martyrdom. How did you get that last tricky nail in, Act of God?
Where in the OP does it claim victimhood?

Simply mocking people who claim to know it all and have no hope or purpose.

"Simply mocking people who claim to know it all "

Which, as any rational person knows, is far more true of religious people than it is of evidence-based thinkers.

That is the most ignorant thing I have ever read, and I have read some pretty ignorant things from you. Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour. Or barefoot is a shoe style. Or off is a television channel. I don't have faith, or hope in anything. I haver a premise that "God does not exist". Nothing more. Nothing less. Should anyone present objective, verifiable evidence to the contrary, I will happily abandon my premise, and adopt a new one. I'm still waiting for that evidence.

More wisdom from Hannity?

Forum List

Back